Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

I have to disagree with all these lofty point spreads. Nobody has beat Science Hill that bad all year and it ain't gonna happen Friday night. I look for Science Hill to have their best game of the year against DB. They have nothing to lose and nothing to hide from some teams playoff scouts. Their new starting QB now has one game under his belt and will play much better this week. Look for Smith to roll the dice more than once in this game. With the atletes they have all they have to do is get lucky on one play and it could change everything. Look for their first kickoff to be onsides. This is the game that Gilligan and all of Science Hill has been pointing to all season. Didn't he say he was going to set asside a portion of every practice just for DB at the beginning of the season? If so they should be more than prepared for this game.

DB - 13

Science Hill - 10

The only way I see it being a close game is by DB to forgive and to forget.Forget about it!.When it's all said and done, Science Hills regulars may score some more on DB's underclassmen.Granted,DB has nothing to gain except injuries and one more little thing, ''Continued Dominance and Pride ".That last part is for all the Tribe players and fans who are with us or gone before us.Roll Tribe.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DB players have been watching a lot of film, and the coaches are pulling out every press clipping, video clip and sound bite they can find of SH coaches, parents, and players talking about how their number 1 purpose in life is to beat DB. I think our boys will respond with pride and throw it all back in their faces this Friday. They have suffered too much embarrassment this season to let SH come in and win this game without a huge fight.

The DB players have been watching a lot of film, and the coaches are pulling out every press clipping, video clip and sound bite they can find of SH coaches, parents, and players talking about how their number 1 purpose in life is to beat DB. I think our boys will respond with pride and throw it all back in their faces this Friday. They have suffered too much embarrassment this season to let SH come in and win this game without a huge fight.

You wouldn't think that they would have to try so hard to motivate them.......hope it leaves the players tight and stressed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You wouldn't think that they would have to try so hard to motivate them.......hope it leaves the players tight and stressed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think they want to make sure the kids don't just look at the SH record, and assume the game will be a no brainer. It would be a really easy thing to do.

Sort of like most of the dbers are already doing huh?

D-B fans realize this is the D-B vs. Science Hill game...many of us older folks understand the meaning of the game...remember some of the players for both teams have never attended a game that the Hill won (13 straight for Dobyns-Bennett)...it has been 27 years since the Hill won in Kingsport...thus the coaches are making sure that the players remember and understand the level of talent and potential coming to call on Friday...D-B has never lost to Campbell County and only lost to Karns one time (when much of that team phoned it in), but this team showed up and respected their opponents and played well the last two weeks...they will not take the Hill for granted...it will be a good one...

Roll Tribe Roll

Sort of like most of the dbers are already doing huh?

Not most DBers..some. I for one don't think the final score will be as wide as SOME do. I do however feel that if DB were to lose this game it would be due to a)the DB players/coaches looking ahead to the playoffs or b)SS holding back all year in preparation for the game he was hired to win. Because on paper the gap in production on the field is a canyon. But let's be honest here, with all the talk and high expectations coming into the season (and after a 3-1 start), if the records were flipped this thread would be about to explode with predictions of how the Toppers were going to wipe the field with the Tribe. I have actually seen many DB fans on here talking about how they hate the sitatuation for the SH kids...I dare say there would be very few SH fans that would have ANY sympathy if it was vice versa. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I can send you some game film that will dispute this claim. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you are refering to the South - Science Hill game at the beginning of the season I don't think you could call that a "lofty score" (27-7). So look through your film collection 'till you find last years South - DB game (45-0), that will be a good example of getting beat by a lofty score.

thank you,

WaCo /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Jaco