AE @ Kingston

Digger20

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say Kingston in what might be the most exciting game of the regular season in this region. This is classic region 2 AAA football. 3 teams fighting for 1 playoff spot.

AC will most likely finish 4-3 in region play with a cake walk against Stone this Friday. If Kingston loses to A-E then A-E is 3rd and AC is 4th and nothing written below matters.

If Kingston defeats A-E then we've got a few different scenarios:

- AC, AE, & Kingston are all knotted up for the third spot with regions records of 4-3

- AC defeated Kingston, AE defeated AC and Kingston defeated AE(Yet to be played)

- Tiebreakers

1. The team with the greatest number of victories. (All knotted up at 7-3)

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

(This would most likely give A-C the boot, Kingston and A-E

would require a closer look at their opponents to determine the 3rd and 4th playoff spots.)

*It should be noted that all three of these teams have the same region opponents and tiebreaker #2 really only involves 3 non region opponents for each team.

other tiebreakers are noted below.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories. (very similiar to #2)

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. (very similiar to #2 and #3)

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class. (i.e. Region 1,3-8 AAA)

6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M. (Kingston v Austin East neutral location for the 3rd and 4th playoff spots) /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Whoever wins is pretty much a shoe in. AE better not overlook Kingston they are tough to beat at home.

Kingston beat AE the year before last in Kingston because they thought it was a easy win, Kingston always plays hard.

A-E is in not matter what.

Kingston on the other hand is fighting for their lives to capture a 4th seed. I guess ole' Vic could send some love up to the boys at A-E and say "hey just let us win and the 3rd spot is yours, well forfeit the other tiebreakers" lol lol

Kingston will need the help from the tiebreaker rules but with a win they are essentially in. I assume Region 2 will play Region 1 in the first round so it really depends on who you want to play in the 2nd round, because Region 2 will most likely wipe the plate in the first round in two weeks. If the 3rd seed played say Catholic in the 2nd round then pray for the fourth spot, but if the 4th spot played Catholic in the second round then you would want the 3rd spot. The worst thing that would happen in the 1st round would be a long road trip.

I'm pulling for Kingston in this one. It is nice to see a small AAA school advancing in the playoffs against teams that recruit and have school zones to help their student population. Catholic is amazing, but they should not be competing with public schools and Fulton could easily have 1050 students compared to Kingston's 750.

gonna be another exiting week of football in Region 2 AAA

I'll say Kingston in what might be the most exciting game of the regular season in this region. This is classic region 2 AAA football. 3 teams fighting for 1 playoff spot.

AC will most likely finish 4-3 in region play with a cake walk against Stone this Friday. If Kingston loses to A-E then A-E is 3rd and AC is 4th and nothing written below matters.

If Kingston defeats A-E then we've got a few different scenarios:

- AC, AE, & Kingston are all knotted up for the third spot with regions records of 4-3

- AC defeated Kingston, AE defeated AC and Kingston defeated AE(Yet to be played)

- Tiebreakers

1. The team with the greatest number of victories. (All knotted up at 7-3)

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

(This would most likely give A-C the boot, Kingston and A-E

would require a closer look at their opponents to determine the 3rd and 4th playoff spots.)

*It should be noted that all three of these teams have the same region opponents and tiebreaker #2 really only involves 2 non region opponents for each team.

other tiebreakers are noted below.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories. (very similiar to #2)

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats. (very similiar to #2 and #3)

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class. (i.e. Region 1,3-8 AAA)

6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M. (Kingston v Austin East neutral location for the 3rd and 4th playoff spots) /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I got thos off the www.tssaa.org website ... and it looks like if AE looses to Kingston and AC beats Stone Memorial then AE is out ..... see below ...

Knoxville Catholic is first. Knoxville Fulton is second.

If Austin East wins, Austin East is third and Anderson County is fourth.

If Austin East loses and Anderson County wins, Anderson County is third and Kingston is fourth.

If Austin East loses and Anderson County loses, Kingston is third and Austin East is fourth.

Should be a great game and a super atmosphere. The Jackets almost pulled the upset last week. I think that the style of football that Catholic plays sets them up to tougher games against hard-hitting, power teams; like Kingston. AE is more of a spread team and will use the big play to score, as opposed to Catholic's ball control offense. I think that Kingston will be playing for their lives and will therefore give AE a great game, but the Roadrunners will pull out the win on a defensive and a special teams big play. AE wins 34-20.

A-E is in not matter what.

Kingston on the other hand is fighting for their lives to capture a 4th seed. I guess ole' Vic could send some love up to the boys at A-E and say "hey just let us win and the 3rd spot is yours, well forfeit the other tiebreakers" lol lol

Kingston will need the help from the tiebreaker rules but with a win they are essentially in. I assume Region 2 will play Region 1 in the first round so it really depends on who you want to play in the 2nd round, because Region 2 will most likely wipe the plate in the first round in two weeks. If the 3rd seed played say Catholic in the 2nd round then pray for the fourth spot, but if the 4th spot played Catholic in the second round then you would want the 3rd spot. The worst thing that would happen in the 1st round would be a long road trip.

I'm pulling for Kingston in this one. It is nice to see a small AAA school advancing in the playoffs against teams that recruit and have school zones to help their student population. Catholic is amazing, but they should not be competing with public schools and Fulton could easily have 1050 students compared to Kingston's 750.

gonna be another exiting week of football in Region 2 AAA

A-E has to win or have AC win to be in if they lose.