AE @ Kingston

Digger20

Thanks oldcoach ... I hadt read the tiebreakers all I was tring to get thru some of these guys head on this thread was that the TSSAA knows and I copied it from the website the senarios ... overall records makes sense because it would come out just like TSSAA says ... I dont necessarilty think its right .. cause you have Kingston who has played 3 games out of region against 2A teams ... AE has played WEBB, BRAINARD - 4A and Carter 3A ... AC has played 3 4A teams I think out of region ..so it looks to me that Kingston has played weaker non region games ..I think that should play into it ....

Maybe TSSAA should go back to the old point system for the tie breaker.

You get 10 points for a win over a team in your class or above your class.

You get 4 points for a win over a team in a class below you.

You get o points for a loss.

This would make teams play in their class or it could hurt them in the end.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingston played 2A, 2A (Rockwood and Oliver Springs) and 1A (Harriman). I know that doesn't matter for the tiebreaker in this case because only the overall record counts. My point is...maybe if Kingston played some tougher competition in their non-region games, instead of beating up on the little local schools, maybe they'd be better come time to play their tough region games. Instead they pad their record against little schools, stay home at playoff time, and use the "we're in the toughest region in the state" excuse and point to their winning record to justify how good they are.

By the way, they should have lost to 2A Rockwood and 1A Harriman was even with them late in the third until depth took over.

Kingston has been playing those county teams long before you was even born big dog, you have to play rival

county schools for the community and for money issues, kingston makes more off there gate from harriman and rockwood than the rest of there games combined and as far as rockwood should have won I am sure kingston will take that matchup again anyday of the week, yea AC played powell, clinton, and lenoir city, WOW they r tough they would all finish 5th or 6th in kingston's region, heck they would fight for fourth in rockwoods region.

Kingston has been playing those county teams long before you was even born big dog, you have to play rival

county schools for the community and for money issues, kingston makes more off there gate from harriman and rockwood than the rest of there games combined and as far as rockwood should have I am sure kingston will take that matchup again anyday of the week, yea AC played powell, clinton, and lenoir city, WOW they r tough they would all finish 5th or 6th in kingston's region, heck they would fight for fourth in rockwoods region.

Good point!

Go Jackets

I'm a little lost. I've always thought the team that wins HEAD to HEAD always has the tie break advantage over the other. If AE beat AC how come they'll be in IF AE loses tomorrow? That don't make a lick of sense to me..

But notice I said IF, so as the saying goes at AE- Who dat talkin bout beatin AE Who Dat

Because if Kingston beats A/E you will have a 3-way tie.

If no team beat both teams you go to over all record

Anderson Co 7-3 In

Kingston 7-3 In

A/E 6-4 Out

I have to admit I have been following 2-3A football for awhile and I am not suprised that the playoffs are coming down to week 10. People say Kingston has improved since AC beat them, but I have not seen them play since then. As much as I would love to see Kingston win and knock AE out of the playoff picture, I am definetly NOT a Yellowjackets fan on Friday, and here is why.

Someone mentioned seeding as an advantage and they are right. Region 2 should win all 4 of the 1st round games, as they usually do. Getting the 4th seed is actually better this year because it gives you the chance at a home game in round 3. The second round is a little tougher, I would rather play Catholic then Fulton. Yes that was not a typo, I think Catholic is more beatable then Fulton. The 3rd seed travels for every game they play, and that as you know is a disadvantage.

We will have to wait and see how everything plays out. Good luck to all teams and see you in the playoffs.

That should be a great game tomorrow night over in Roane County. I have to pull for AE hard simply because I feel like AE would pose a bigger threat in the playoffs to knock Catholic off before the 3rd round. I know Anderson Co. and Kingston both played Catholic close, but I stll like AE and thier throwing ability as posing a threat to knock off the Irish. Don't get me wrong, I think Fulton is much better than the 27-0 score against Catholic the first go-around and is still capable of beating Catholic if they executed. Should be interesting to see how everything pans out. As for tomorrow night, AE over Kingston 20-8.

I'm a little lost. I've always thought the team that wins HEAD to HEAD always has the tie break advantage over the other. If AE beat AC how come they'll be in IF AE loses tomorrow? That don't make a lick of sense to me..But notice I said IF, so as the saying goes at AE- Who dat talkin bout beatin AE Who Dat

I will explain it to ya ... If AE looses tommorrow night ... it means AE beat AC, AC beat Kingston and Kingston beat AE so they all beat on each other ... the next tie breaker is overall record I heard .. if thats the case . ........AC would be 7-3, Kingston would be 7-3 , AE would be 6-4 ... all 3 teams would be 4-3 in region play but AE has lost one more game than AC or Kingston ... who dat who dat ...

I'm a little lost. I've always thought the team that wins HEAD to HEAD always has the tie break advantage over the other. If AE beat AC how come they'll be in IF AE loses tomorrow? That don't make a lick of sense to me..But notice I said IF, so as the saying goes at AE- Who dat talkin bout beatin AE Who Dat

Who dat , Who Dat would be Webb , Catholic , Fulton and possibly Kingston ......

county schools for the community and for money issues, kingston makes more off there gate from harriman and rockwood than the rest of there games combined and as far as rockwood should have won I am sure kingston will take that matchup again anyday of the week, yea AC played powell, clinton, and lenoir city, WOW they r tough they would all finish 5th or 6th in kingston's region, heck they would fight for fourth in rockwoods region.

I guess you are not familiar with Football outside of Roane Co. Believe me region 3-4A is still the toughest top to bottom around. After the top three in region 2-3A the rest are just like everyone else. Sure LC is down, and Clinton has had some better years, but they are playing Maryville, Central, Halls, Powell, Knox West, and South-Doyle. I don't know of any of those teams like Harriman, Rockwood, Kingston, etc. Playing great teams like that of those in region 3-4A. Clinton does play Oak Ridge, both Powell, and Lenoir City play teams from 5A. I am not at all saying that Harriman, Rockwood, and Kingston are not pretty good teams in their classification, but if they make the playoffs they are usually at home watching after round 1. Region 3-4A has had a team in the state championship game every year for 15 years except for maybe 2 of those years.

I guess you are not familiar with Football outside of Roane Co. Believe me region 3-4A is still the toughest top to bottom around. After the top three in region 2-3A the rest are just like everyone else. Sure LC is down, and Clinton has had some better years, but they are playing Maryville, Central, Halls, Powell, Knox West, and South-Doyle. I don't know of any of those teams like Harriman, Rockwood, Kingston, etc. Playing great teams like that of those in region 3-4A. Clinton does play Oak Ridge, both Powell, and Lenoir City play teams from 5A. I am not at all saying that Harriman, Rockwood, and Kingston are not pretty good teams in their classification, but if they make the playoffs they are usually at home watching after round 1. Region 3-4A has had a team in the state championship game every year for 15 years except for maybe 2 of those years.

I am very familiar with football outside of Roane County, and as far as region 3-4a being the toughest around

, gimme a break, the last 15 years, they are a living off Maryville and there success, with the exception of one year a team from region 2-3A has won the state every year since 2001, I guess you forgot about region 2-5A, I will take this region top to bottom over 3-4A anyday. The top 4 teams from 2-3A or 2-5A will beat your top 4 with the exception of maryville , I mean AC beat Powell like a drum. The last 8 years the second place team in region 2-3A would beat any one of those teams in region 3-4A by 2 touchdowns, well except for Maryville of course. Central, Halls, West, Powell, South Doyle come on now, all these teams would be fighting for fourth right now in region 2-3A. I think Rockwood played Alcoa, Loudon, and CAK all of which are better than Central, Powell, Halls, and West.

Region 3-4a used to be the best region top to bottom around, not in the last couple years, now that Central is down, there is only one good program in that region (Maryville) - the rest are average. Knox West, Halls, Central, Powell none are bad teams but none are good either. This year 2-3a and the 5-a region w/ William Blount is the best in East part of state then I'd pick 3-4a. The 2-3a 4th place team (AC) beat the 4th place team from 3-4a like a drum (Powell). Catholic CRUSHED Halls & West in pre-season scrimmges.

William Blount, Farragut, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah & McMinn Co - that's a TOUGH region, the BEST in the east part of the state.

TOP PROGRAMS 3-4A

Maryville

Central

West

Halls

Powell

TOP PROGRAMS 2-3A

Catholic

Fulton

A.C.

A.E.

Kingston

If you were to combine the two regions, three of the top four teams would be from 2-3a and possibly four of the top five.

Why does Kingston need to play power houses like Clinton and LC when they already play KC, fulton and AE? Most years if Kingston beats one of the big three it's a upset for the simple reason those three are good and could play in 3 4A and all three would be in the playoffs most years. As far as Maryville goes they are in a class by their selves.

The gate for the Harriman and the Rockwood game is huge$$$$$ and most years Oliver Springs is too this benefits all three schools.

Now back on topic if Kingston can shake the turn over bug they have a good chance to win tonight if they fumble it will get ugly fast.