JCS vs Dresden

JaxMan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you think JCS will respond to the big loss to Peabody and how will they play against Dresden

Jaxman I really enjoy your posts about JCS.Keep up the good work.If everything I have read is true,if we win at Dreden we are in.Is that true?About the Dresden game from what I understand they have a big physical fullback,but not much of a passing game.We must come ready to play or it will be our last game.

From what I've seen JCS is a lock to get a wildcard win or lose. Only 4 of the 16 teams fighting for spots have winning records. Plus their Difficulty of Schedule is in everyone's top 15. The 2-A system is starting to grow on me. It is becoming obvious that the 4th seed is very weak in most regions---(3-7) (4-6) records... The wildcard system rewards those who have played well and have the better record. Plus every regular season game means something. Also it is possible that 4 of the 5 teams will come from our region and Alcoa's region. Humboldt is a long shot but it is possible.

In spite of all that I don't think we want to back into the playoffs with a loss. I believe the boys will respond great. They have too much pride and the offense still feels like they have not played their best game yet. Our coaches will have them pumped and ready to play. I think they will ride into playoffs with the Peabody game wiped from their memory banks. (except for the desire to make sure that doesn't happen again.)

Does anyone have an injury report? Ethan? Edward? What about Will Johnson and Dallas McCarver? Any chance they can return for playoffs?

That's why it's the playoffs MetFan...To be the best you hafta beat the best...JCS will win this game...#40 from Dresden IS big but runs straight up and down, so hit him in the shins and he's down!

I understand but the projected scenario in the first round of the playoffs would have Westview playing JCS and Milan playing Peabody(if Milan beats Westview JCS and Peabody swap). All four teams are in the same region and playing each other. Then you have BT and Carver playing each other (same region) that have sub records of the afore mentioned teams. In the previous playoffs you would never face someone from your own region in the first round (usually not until the third). Were just happy if we get a chance to go at all. Just thought I'd point out one of many flaws in the way they have set up the playoffs. Maybe they would be better off taking the top 2 teams next year and seed the rest based off of record.

I understand but the projected scenario in the first round of the playoffs would have Westview playing JCS and Milan playing Peabody(if Milan beats Westview JCS and Peabody swap). All four teams are in the same region and playing each other. Then you have BT and Carver playing each other (same region) that have sub records of the afore mentioned teams. In the previous playoffs you would never face someone from your own region in the first round (usually not until the third). Were just happy if we get a chance to go at all. Just thought I'd point out one of many flaws in the way they have set up the playoffs. Maybe they would be better off taking the top 2 teams next year and seed the rest based off of record.

That is a shame that this region has to play each other so early.

As a reminder, the JCS/Dresden game is at Dresden. The Jackson Sun has reported it several times that the game was at JCS before finally getting it right today. Also, unlike what is reported in the Jackson Sun, the JCS at Dresden game has a 7pm kick-off and not the 7:30 kick-off that they have reported today.

You can here this game on Newsradio 1390, WTJS, on Friday with the pre-game show beginning at 6:30. You can also hear an internet simulcast at www.wtjs.com. As always, Stan Gerard and Jimmy Butler will have all the action.

That is a shame that this region has to play each other so early.

yeha i think in all our whole region is gonna get the shaft in the palyoffs cause all were gonna do is continue to beat up on each other until theres only one left then whoever is left will have to travel to mostlikely camden or goodpasture cpa or dca in which most of them teams will have only been tested mabe once maybe twice