HUNTERS LANE IS BACK

hunnalanewarrior

The only reason I feel like this is an issue is because he was put out of Glencliff for putting his hands on a teacher and still getting to play! Which in the end is why it bothers me so much.

So now the kid has found a positive in life. Would you rather him drop out, be on the streets, joing a gang, sell drugs, kill a few other youths and later be killed himself? Rules are rules and the way the TSSAA loves to punish schools they would've done something if he didn't abide by the rules.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now the kid has found a positive in life. Would you rather him drop out, be on the streets, joing a gang, sell drugs, kill a few other youths and later be killed himself? Rules are rules and the way the TSSAA loves to punish schools they would've done something if he didn't abide by the rules.

If the kid doesn't play football, are you saying that he will immediately turn to gangs and drugs? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that this kid is improving his life. I just don't happen to believe that football or any extracurricular activity should be a right, you should be expected to follow a different set of standards. If you can't follow them then you shouldn't be playing. Best of luck to this young man in the future.

If the kid doesn't play football, are you saying that he will immediately turn to gangs and drugs? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that this kid is improving his life. I just don't happen to believe that football or any extracurricular activity should be a right, you should be expected to follow a different set of standards. If you can't follow them then you shouldn't be playing. Best of luck to this young man in the future.

No if the kid wanted to join a gang or deal drugs he would've probably with or without football. However it possibly couldve helped lead him in a positive direction. If anything it did keep him off of the couch, eating potato chips, getting fat while playing X-Box. The kid has followed the rules. Look at the TSSAA rules, he is ok to play.

i agree

As I wrote last night my child was a 5th year senior and went to school was a credit and a half from graduating when he should have the year before but wasn't granted the same opportunity that this child has been. He didn't misbehave in school, he didn't fight, and he certainly didn't assault a teacher he just had trouble making passing grades in some of his classes during his freshman and sophmore years. My point is that every child shoulld be awarded the same opportunities as this child has received, what makes him different than any other child that has struggled at one time or another in school. Bottom line children are at school to learn and football or any other extracurricular activity should come second, if you can't make the grades and behave in school then you shouldn't be allowed to participate in any high school sport there are other classes and clubs in school that can help a child turn around such as student leadership which involves the students mentoring younger children and influencing them to do the right thing when their older. As I also had posted before what about the kids that have went to school and have done the right thing that are on the H/L football team that have had to take a back seat to this child just because he has reformed himself. I still don't agree and will never agree, true enough i don't think the rest of the team should have to suffer because of this and i am glad that they don't. As someone said earlier we all have the right to our own opinion and to post them in this forum.

No if the kid wanted to join a gang or deal drugs he would've probably with or without football. However it possibly couldve helped lead him in a positive direction. If anything it did keep him off of the couch, eating potato chips, getting fat while playing X-Box. The kid has followed the rules. Look at the TSSAA rules, he is ok to play.

The rule I'm talking about is putting his hands on a teacher.

I think last time i checked this is a forum to express opinions and have a discussion on topics. So many things to day are left up to people who can't even make decisions for themselves let alone others and i'm sure all involved are not clean and free of blame.

If you can't accept others opinions maybe you should find somewhere else to voice your own.

If you can't see mistakes where made then you are blinded by something other than the facts. Just because the coach reported his mistake doesn't relieve the responsabilities he has to others. Like i said the kids shouldn't pay - they worked hard for what they have - but if you say ok to this one the next one will be done and the next and the next --- to do nothing is wrong

Administrators and Coaches can be held accountable -- the toughness of the job has nothing to do with it -- they must account just as all of us do in our jobs

This ranks right up there on the dumb responses list.

I didnt say you couldnt express your opinion. My opinion is that if you dont know what you are talking about, you should keep your mouth shut. I am still standing by that opinion. Its funny that you try to make the case that I am infringing on your right to state your opinion, and then you try to do jus that to me. Thats pathetic.

At what point did I say anyone should be relieved of any responsibility? And since the TSSAA correctly DID relieve all parties involved of responsibility, you should keep on looking for another thread to post your ignorance. Not saying you cant continue to do that, you are fully allowed to show it any time you want. It appears you take advantage of every opportunity to do so.

Sorry if I stepped on your delicate toes with my previous posts. Next time, I will know how sensitive you are and I will try to be a little more gentle.

MOVE ON. Have a nice day

well i mean i want it to be fair as much as the next guy, but this is one of the most ludacris loopholes i have ever heard in my life. I have heard (not a fact) that they found in missing over 40 days of school which made that year didnt count as a year of eligibilty. I congradulate the TSSAA on rewarding kids from not going to school and having poor attendence. Also I have heard from a very reliable source that the principal at hunters lane is on the head board at TSSAA. just some food for thought /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. I just don't believe if my team was in this situation that the TSSAA would help find a loophole this much.PS I plan to fail couple classes now as a senior and skip some school so I guess I will see you all on the field next year. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As much as we all get wrapped up in football all players are students first. If you can't show up and behave in the classroom you have no business playing football. If you think football has saved him from that life what happends to him after the season? Espically coaches and adults remember you go to highschool to learn and better yourself before you play football. It is also not a right to play an afterschool sport.

What mistake? The ruling is that the player is eligible. Yes, we all are accountable on our jobs and as perfect as I would love to be on my job I am not. In fact, if I was perfect, I would go work for NASA and solve all their space shuttle problelms, but the real truth is that I do occassionally make a mistake. It would have been nice if I was a perfect child but I was not. I made mistakes and learned from those mistakes. There are things that I would do differently, if given a second chance. Why are people so down on a child? For what reason do you want the entire football team to suffer? You all act like you were perfect children and are now perfect adults.

I think if you would read the forum, not too many of us are against the child or the others on the team. What bothers me is the can of worms that is now open for the next 5th high school senior

This ranks right up there on the dumb responses list.

I didnt say you couldnt express your opinion. My opinion is that if you dont know what you are talking about, you should keep your mouth shut. I am still standing by that opinion. Its funny that you try to make the case that I am infringing on your right to state your opinion, and then you try to do jus that to me. Thats pathetic.

At what point did I say anyone should be relieved of any responsibility? And since the TSSAA correctly DID relieve all parties involved of responsibility, you should keep on looking for another thread to post your ignorance. Not saying you cant continue to do that, you are fully allowed to show it any time you want. It appears you take advantage of every opportunity to do so.

Sorry if I stepped on your delicate toes with my previous posts. Next time, I will know how sensitive you are and I will try to be a little more gentle.

MOVE ON. Have a nice day

You are really good at name calling and trying to put on the show for how wonderful the TSSAA is, but if you could see past the obvious bias you have you would understand it's not a decision that will set a good precident for the High School STUDENT athlete. But judging from all your response it's athlete first everything else second!!!!

Did you see the reports on the news last night on how many youth in Metro are committing crimes (VIOLENT). Maybe we should take a tougher stand is all I'm saying --- Hold someone accountable ----