Halls @ South Doyle

ZCAR

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say how proud I am of the players and coaches at Halls. I'd say very few prognosticators picked us as no. 2 in the Region this year. The win against West obviously proved to be crucial.

Tonight's game was a very hard fought victory. Hats off to SD. I thought SD would give Halls all they wanted, and they did, although the loss of Kitts early was pivotal in SD making several defensive stands and making it a very close game. Also, T was playing hurt the whole time he was in the game, which makes it nice that so many players stepped up, like Dowdy at QB, Pixley and McGill at RB, and Bright at corner. R. Kelly had some big runs and big defensive stops. Hughes played like a man on fire, and DD's big plays were special. Hats off too to the whole O line, especially big C. Leonard (who has been invited by Tennessee to watch the game tomorrow from the sidelines), the whole D line, and the hustling LB corps.

Hope we can rest next week, let Kitts heal up and come out strong at home against Cleveland. Again, we're proud of you Halls!

The bad news. Halls is banged up. Several tried to play in pain but couldn't go. Halls looked much less effective for most of the game without #12 and #4.

The good news. Halls found a way to win without #12 and #4. They scored two touchdowns and the defense held a pretty athletic offense in to 13 points.

Not a pretty win, but a win when we needed it on the road. I hope some people can get well this week.

Good job Halls!! Two cents worth:

- Coach Julian has to be up for coach of the year! Most people predicted Halls might make the playoffs (5-5) record. Many don't realize what a great job he has done, especially when you consider how many significant injuries this team has had.

- Kitts goes down during 1st drive, Turner tried (gutsy performance) but was not close to 100%, and Johnson still hobbles a lot on his bad ankle. Still others stepped up and pulled out the win.

- Dayton is awesome! (no, he is not my son). I have really enjoyed watching him play these last three years. Last night he could have easily had 3-4 TDs, we just couldn't get the ball to him. (not blaming anyone, again Turner gave it all he had and most respect his effort).

- Hughes was all over the QB (two sacks?). He is having a great year and is showing good leadership.

- Dowdy (QB) did a wonderful job of leading his team to a come from behind victory. Way to go Zach!

Concerns:

- We have got to get better on third down (especially third and long). If we go back to the Powell game, Maryville game, and even last night we are giving up about 70% of third and long first downs.

- Who can replace Kitts (if he can't go)? McGill appears to find the holes well. Looked like he had about 2 carries for about 30 yards. Pix looked really good on his carries (2 or 3?). Gibson has the speed, just needs to get experience.

Go Halls!

I agree with all here on this board. Coach J & Ward have done a outstanding job. All the players have responded positively to what the staff laid out before them and have executed the plan to best of their ability.

The exciting part is we are #2 in the Region have home field advantage in the playoffs for the first time in ten years. It was all because non of these kids quit. We could have accepted defeat last night and a long bus ride to Chattanooga but we had another great second half and refused to lose.

Again excellent call by Coach Ward to have complete confidence in our Sophomore QB Dowdy to execute that pass to Dayton after SD had just taken the lead. Just like last week against Maryville it energised the fans, band & players and eventually lead to another score by Waggoner to close the deal.

No doubt this team is one of the best Halls have put on the field in some time we know now that we are not a one man show that many have tried to put a tag on us this year. This is a total team effort right down to the equipment managers.

My hope is BJ, T, Kitts & Cottrell will be at full speed this friday night. If not I feel Dowdy, Gibson, Bright, etc. will be ready to fight the fight.

Good job Halls!! Two cents worth:

- Coach Julian has to be up for coach of the year! Most people predicted Halls might make the playoffs (5-5) record. Many don't realize what a great job he has done, especially when you consider how many significant injuries this team has had.

- Kitts goes down during 1st drive, Turner tried (gutsy performance) but was not close to 100%, and Johnson still hobbles a lot on his bad ankle. Still others stepped up and pulled out the win.

- Dayton is awesome! (no, he is not my son). I have really enjoyed watching him play these last three years. Last night he could have easily had 3-4 TDs, we just couldn't get the ball to him. (not blaming anyone, again Turner gave it all he had and most respect his effort).

- Hughes was all over the QB (two sacks?). He is having a great year and is showing good leadership.

- Dowdy (QB) did a wonderful job of leading his team to a come from behind victory. Way to go Zach!

Concerns:

- We have got to get better on third down (especially third and long). If we go back to the Powell game, Maryville game, and even last night we are giving up about 70% of third and long first downs.

- Who can replace Kitts (if he can't go)? McGill appears to find the holes well. Looked like he had about 2 carries for about 30 yards. Pix looked really good on his carries (2 or 3?). Gibson has the speed, just needs to get experience.

Go Halls!

I aggree that the boys will pick up where they have to and play good ball.Glad that Reese is able to play after his accident.McGill, Pix, Gibson etc. will do what has to be done.Pix had one jv. game that I recall with 207 yards and 3 or 4 td's...All of these kids have shown the heart they have on more than one occassion...I am proud to be a Halls fan and most of all I am proud of all the boys....

Well, well, well here we sit at #2 in the playoffs (from our region) and the Cats are going to come to our game and watch us win. My home times have changed. Yes I said back in the summer that I thought the Devils could go 7-3.

Now I'm telling you this...Not to many years ago Halls went to Cleveland for a playoff game and beat them. I can't remember the exact year but Halls better be ready to play and I think they will. GO DEVILS!

As far as injuries go, I've talked to many of the players to see conditions.

Tyler Turner (4)- Bruised lower leg and gross looking lol

Brandon Johnson (2)- A ton of things wrong. Some pulled stuff and etc. Will undergo surgery at the end of the season

Wes Kitts (12)- Deep Tissue Bruise. Said it hurts to put a lot of pressure

Chris McGill (21)- Rib issue

Dorian Cottrell (45)- Concussion. Didn't seem to be all there when I talked to him Friday Night

I believe that's it. However, all of these kids will fight back to be as close to 100% as their bodies can be.

As far as injuries go, I've talked to many of the players to see conditions.

Tyler Turner (4)- Bruised lower leg and gross looking lol

Brandon Johnson (2)- A ton of things wrong. Some pulled stuff and etc. Will undergo surgery at the end of the season

Wes Kitts (12)- Deep Tissue Bruise. Said it hurts to put a lot of pressure

Chris McGill (21)- Rib issue

Dorian Cottrell (45)- Concussion. Didn't seem to be all there when I talked to him Friday Night

I believe that's it. However, all of these kids will fight back to be as close to 100% as their bodies can be.

Thanks for update pirateman. #33 is also nursing a hand injury and #56 is still touch and go on his ankle.

This MASH unit will give it a good try Friday night. The time change and the cold front coming in could make for a colder game this Friday.

I don't know much about Cleveland. I have heard they have a pretty good passing game and that the QB is a real threat to run. Sounds like half the teams we have played this year. (Central, Clinton, etc..) To me the big issue is stopping the big play. If #12 can go and we can limit the big plays we should have a chance to win. I think Halls has some good RBs coming up. But Kitts spreads the field and all opens it up for #33 and #23 and the rest IMO. We have been in every game this year with the exception of Bearden. They had a very good line and lots of senior experience. I think Halls now believes that they can play with anybody, and they should. Good luck guys. It's been a great season. Keep it up.

Time to step it up a notch. We are in the playoffs.

Halls are hurting after the Maryville game.

Turner goes down in the first Half with a ankle injury??? and sophomore Dowdy does great in the second half directing Halls for three scores. Brandon Johnson was hobbling all night and gutted it out.

Will Halls be able to play effective without some key personel or will the opportunity rise to see some younger talent fill the void. South Doyle won't be any pushover at home.

What everyones thoughts on this key matchup?

Any update on Turner's ankle injury? I've seen him play and he is talent plus!!!! Great future there.

Congrats to the Devils. Very impressive that they were not only able to overcome the emotion of senior night for the Kees but also some potentially devastating injuries. Hals has shown improvement throughout the year. This is a credit to the players as well as the coaches.

I was eating Breakfast Sat Morning with a friend of mine from Halls. He is very involved in the Rec. Program in Halls and he pointed out that many of the boys who grew up playing in Halls abandon their teammates before entering high school for bigger and better things. Some quit during the course of their career. So the seniors and the underclassman who have stuck with the program deserve a lot of credit. Their commitment to the football program at Halls and the community is very commendable. They have a legacy of bringing the Halls program back to respectability. They showed that if you stick together and work hard success will come your way. Not being critical of the current players. But what if those who left hadn't abandon ship. Would Halls be talking a run for the title? We will never know. But the seniors can be sure of this. They hung in their when things were a little bleak in Red Devil land and now they can be proud of what they were able to accomplish.

Again Congrats to Halls and best of luck in the play-offs.