Dyersburg vs Covington

trojansfan_04

Good to hear that practice went well. I hope this was just a refresher for them. A refresher in knowing how bad it feels to lose. I'm sure they will be ready for the Chargers friday night and will take care of business. The loss is behind them and now they need to be looking forward to this game friday night. Ths is the seniors last season to ever strap up as a Trojan so they know the implications of not executing and playing 110%. Go out and get it done! Play your heart out til the whistle blows. Never loaf, there is always someone to block or hit, find them.

Go Trojans!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be representin' there D'burg /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Take back the swagger you guys had before the DC game and continue to work hard.. I'd like the see a Choctaw/Trojan rematch in the playoffs!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What is the big deal? They lost..somebody had to & it's not the end of the season. Learn from it & get geared up for the next game. That determines whether you're a champion or not. As for the DC game, great effort by both teams. My only issue would be why Parker handled the ball more than Caldwell or Taylor but then again, diversity is harder to prepare for, huh?? I hope both teams meet again in the playoffs....if DHS wins that one, think they'll remember the regional game??

Let's be representin' there D'burg /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Take back the swagger you guys had before the DC game and continue to work hard.. I'd like the see a Choctaw/Trojan rematch in the playoffs!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It WAS A GOOD'N ! AND WOULD HAVE BEEN EITHER WAY (The way both teams played) ! I'm just glad it turned out OUR way !

GO TROJANS ! REBOUND & LET'S BOTH MAKE DYER COUNTY A BOLD SPOT ON THE MAP THIS FRIDAY ! NO NEED NOT TO PULL FOR EACH OTHER ........TILL WE MEET AGAIN ! GET AFTER THEM CHARGERS !

My opinion is that this Dyersburg offense will be in trouble if this Coach doesn't start getting the ball in Taylor and Caldwells hands more often. The first part of the season went really well with Taylor carrying a lot and with the fullbacks Ellis and Cunningham running more. These two fullbacks are powerhouses and they have shown that but for the past two weeks they haven't touched the ball. Its rediculous when Rashad and Tyler get over 100 yards each per game but only get to touch the ball 5 to 6 times. Quit having Parker run the ball from sideline to sideline 20 times a game and get the ball to the playmakers. If your going to have the QB run every play like this than Rashad Taylor needs to play QB because he is alot better at doing that. Last and defininately not least, Victor McLin has been WAY UNDER USED.

Coach Bowling knows EXACTLY what he's doing... I think what most of us fail to see is that in the offense D'burg runs the QB has a lot of "reads" and many times doesn't know who's going to end up with the ball until after the play is in progress. I can't remember who it was now, but I think it was Crockett County who took the pitch out away by bringing up additional defenders from the secondary forcing Parker to keep the ball everytime we ran the option. The opposing coaches have scouted the Trojans well. They know that as soon as Caldwell and Taylor touch the ball there's eminent danger of them scoring, so they're doing their best to stack their defenses to prevent it from happening. Everybody would like to see the ball in Caldwell's and Taylor's hands more often, but they still need to get the ball in positions where they have a chance to be successful. In my opinion, if this team is to start reaching it's potential offensively, they somehow have to develop a more potent passing attack. With as good of a coaching staff as the Trojans have, I'm sure they realize to win more than a game or two in the state playoffs, they're going to have to make people start respecting the pass. If they could start completing 10 to 15 passes a game, you would see all the backs being much more effective when they get their hands on it, whether it's 5 times or 20 times a game. I don't know if we don't have more than one or two receivers who can catch the ball well, or the fact that Parker's had his throwing hand bandaged up all season as the reason the Trojans haven't passed more. But I know that Parker has the reputation as having a rocket for an arm, as well as being a good, elusive runner. My opinion though is if they could add an effective passing attack to go with their running game, they will have a chance to do some serious damage (damage being wins) in the weeks ahead. But don't think for a minute that Coach Bowling and his staff aren't spending a lot more time analyzing and preparing their team to have the best opportunity to win each night out than WE are conjecting about what we think they should or shouldn't do! Go Trojans!

My opinion is that this Dyersburg offense will be in trouble if this Coach doesn't start getting the ball in Taylor and Caldwells hands more often. The first part of the season went really well with Taylor carrying a lot and with the fullbacks Ellis and Cunningham running more. These two fullbacks are powerhouses and they have shown that but for the past two weeks they haven't touched the ball. Its rediculous when Rashad and Tyler get over 100 yards each per game but only get to touch the ball 5 to 6 times. Quit having Parker run the ball from sideline to sideline 20 times a game and get the ball to the playmakers. If your going to have the QB run every play like this than Rashad Taylor needs to play QB because he is alot better at doing that. Last and defininately not least, Victor McLin has been WAY UNDER USED.

I disagree. I think it's smart to have Logan as QB. Why use just two weapons on the field when you can use three (Parker, Caldwell, Taylor). Logan is smart. He only pitches when he is 100% sure he can make it without causing a turnover. I think it should stay the same as it is.

HOPEFULLY THE RUMORS WERE OVERBLOWN BUT I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING ELSE SINCE FRIDAY... FROM PAST EXPERIENCE NO NEWS IS GENERALLY GOOD NEWS! THIS TROJAN TEAM HAS HAD EXTREMELY LOFTY EXPECTATIONS ATTATCHED TO THEM SINCE DAY ONE. THEY SPENT MOST OF THE SUMMER AND FALL EITHER READING ABOUT OR BEING TOLD HOW GREAT THEY WERE GOING TO BE THIS YEAR! THAT WOULD BE HARD FOR ANY OF US TO HANDLE, BUT ESPECIALLY A GROUP OF TEENAGERS! THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF THEY'LL GET FOCUSED THEY'RE STILL CAPABLE OF ACCOMPLISHING GREAT THINGS WHEN IT MATTERS THE MOST....THESE SENIORS ARE NOT GOING TO LET THE TEAM FALL APART OVER LAST WEEK'S SQUEAKER, A GAME THAT WILL BECOME LESS AND LESS SIGNIFICANT IN THE WEEKS AHEAD! HOPEFULLY PARKER WILL GET A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH THIS WEEK AND BE ABLE TO GET RID OF THE THUMB BRACE. IT'S GOING TO BE REFRESHING TO WATCH HIM WITHOUT ANY PHSICAL LIMITATIONS FOR THE FIRST TIME ALL SEASON! I LOOK FOR THE CHARGERS TO BE SUPERCHARGED FOR THIS GAME. THEY HAVE HAD A POOR SEASON BY COVINGTON STANDARDS BUT COULD SALVAGE A LITTLE BIT OF PRIDE WITH AN UPSET AGAINST DHS. REMEMBER THEY DID BEAT CROCKETT COUNTY EARLY IN THE YEAR, AND LOST TO D.C. IN NEWBERN IN OVERTIME 4 OR 5 WEEKS AGO. I WILL BE SURPRISED, NO ASTONISHED IF DHS ISN'T READY TO PLAY. I LOOK FOR THE TROJANS TO COME OUT WITH A HUNGER WE HAVEN'T SEEN IN A LONG, LONG TIME! IF THIS TEAM (AND I MEAN THE ENTIRE TEAM) EVER GETS REALLY HUNGRY AND BRINGS THAT HUNGER AND INTENSITY AND FOCUS TO EVERY BALLGAME, THEY'RE CAPABLE OF PLAYING A LOT MORE GAMES THIS SEASON....GO TROJANS!

THE TROJANS "WILL" RIGHT THEIR "EXPRESS" TRAIN MOVING FORWARD EACH WEEK !! NO ONE"S GONNA STOP THE TROJAN "EXPRESS" NOW!! WITH SUCH HIGH EXPECTIONS PLACED UPON THEM PRESEASON THE DC LOSS WILL ONLY "FUEL" THE "ENGINE" THAT MAKES THIS TROJAN TRAIN RUN FASTER,HARDER THAN EVER TO EXCEED THEIR OWN EXPECTIONS ! TROJANS FOCUS FOUCS, EXCUTE,EXCUTE,EXCUTE! I AM DIE-HARD REGION 7-3AAA SUPPORTER ! ! CONGRATS TO DC COACH RENSHAW AS TITANS COACH OF THE WEEK . GO TROJANS!! GO CHOCTAWS !

You're right, something magical happens every time Tyler and Rashad touch the ball. It must be a nightmare being a defensive coordinator in this region. That??™s why Logan is the quarterback and should remain the quarterback for the Trojans. Every team Dyersburg plays keys two people Tyler and Rashad. It is the belief that if those two are stopped then the Trojans are stopped. But when you add Logan to the equation you are faced with a triple threat. Most people don't understand the way the Veer is run. When you have playmakers like Rashad and Tyler sure it??™s great to have a seventy-yard run for a touchdown. That??™s exciting football. But when its REAL football and the defense is taking out your playmakers then what are you left to do? Sure, Dyersburg could take out Logan and put Rashad in as quarterback but then you make the defense's job easier. There is no defense in this region nor will there ever be a defense that can stop all three aspects of the Trojan offense. Besides, Friday nights game wasn't lost because Rashad and Tyler didn't get the ball as many times as you think they should have. It was lost because Dyersburg didn't want it as bad as DC did. The Trojan offense is not about Tyler, Rashad, or Logan. Each one of those players is 1/11 of the total package. If one player decides to take a play off then the rest of the offense suffers. Had DHS won the game the other night then no one would be on this page saying the things they are saying. DC played the perfect game last Friday and they still grazed bye. This offense is good! This team is good! But until moms, dads, fans, and players alike realize that Tyler, Logan, and Rashad aren't the Dyersburg Trojans then they're future is limited.

You're right, something magical happens every time Tyler and Rashad touch the ball. It must be a nightmare being a defensive coordinator in this region. That??™s why Logan is the quarterback and should remain the quarterback for the Trojans. Every team Dyersburg plays keys two people Tyler and Rashad. It is the belief that if those two are stopped then the Trojans are stopped. But when you add Logan to the equation you are faced with a triple threat. Most people don't understand the way the Veer is run. When you have playmakers like Rashad and Tyler sure it??™s great to have a seventy-yard run for a touchdown. That??™s exciting football. But when its REAL football and the defense is taking out your playmakers then what are you left to do? Sure, Dyersburg could take out Logan and put Rashad in as quarterback but then you make the defense's job easier. There is no defense in this region nor will there ever be a defense that can stop all three aspects of the Trojan offense. Besides, Friday nights game wasn't lost because Rashad and Tyler didn't get the ball as many times as you think they should have. It was lost because Dyersburg didn't want it as bad as DC did. The Trojan offense is not about Tyler, Rashad, or Logan. Each one of those players is 1/11 of the total package. If one player decides to take a play off then the rest of the offense suffers. Had DHS won the game the other night then no one would be on this page saying the things they are saying. DC played the perfect game last Friday and they still grazed bye. This offense is good! This team is good! But until moms, dads, fans, and players alike realize that Tyler, Logan, and Rashad aren't the Dyersburg Trojans then they're future is limited.

You just contadicted your entire point because you say that no defense in this region can stop the three aspects of this offense and Dyersburg has been stopped two weeks in a roll because Logan is handling the ball too much. How can you say that handing the ball to Rashad an Tyler more would hurt because the defense is waitng on that to happen when that was their entire offense for the last two years and they were unstoppable during both of those years. These statements of how the Veer is run is rediculous. All you have to do sometimes is just hand the ball off and let these guys run. You don't always need deception when you have these kind of athletes on a team and that includes Ellis and Cunningham. They are elusive enough that they can break tackles as that has been shown for several years now but they haven't been given a chance for the last two weeks.

You ask anyone who know's anything about the Veer, the number one thing that can disrupt it is PENETRATION. In the first half last Friday the Choctaws set back more allowed Parker to make every read with ease. Thus yielding 21 points. In the second however, Coach Kindle made an adjustment that changed the whole game. He started to bring the linebackers up the field more. In most cases bringing Jeff Miller, and leaving Davis at a stay at home backer. Long story short, Parkers path and progression INTO the line where the veer lives was diverted, thus taking away the dive, as well as the pitch. With the penetration you can't hand it to the Fullback for obvious reasons, and you can't pitch it when you retreat two or three yards, because there is no pitch relation to get it to your big boys. This essentially put Parker on an island. Which is exactly what happened and what the Choctaws wanted. I would expect Covington to try the same thing. So be prepared Trojans and take care of business.

the key to d'burg winning any game is how they take care of the football. they 'laid it on the ground' six times friday against DC and that cost them the game. same was true against b'ville and cc but they were fortunate to win any way. parkers not a bad kid, but the whole d'burg program was changed to suit him and Bowling. it doesnt suit the players dyersburg has. they should be running a 'spread'. if dyersburg had so much trouble with a one man with good speed, how much would people fear dyersburg in that set? i dont see the 'genius' you all see in Bowling. i stated this after the B'ville game and got trashed. i guess time has shown that the bag of trickes is gust a fake punt that last years qb throws. just goes to show you that you get what you want and it isnt what you thought it would be. i feel sorry for the kidsthat have sweated for 4 years and have to see it come to this.