1st round - Johnson Co. @ Morr. West

randy3116

How do you see it not being honest, JC played more of there 2nd team Friday than they have all year, sure there were starters in there but when your a small school you have to do that.

I actually meant that as a positive in my mind. It would have been easy to take that game off completely but I am of the opinion that you try to win them all so you dont get rusty. Your statement above is correct on having to leave a few starters in the mix.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Longhorns are going to bust the heck outta these Trojans come Friday night. I may not like JC (and I don't) But I just hate MW, it might be greedy but I'm sick of them being so dang good, year after year. I'm so happy they got knocked off their high horse this year and hopefully JC can put the final nail in the coffin.

Longhorns--28

Trojans--24

Got some issues there, don't we Punkin!?

Yeah, I have major issues and I'm pretty sure that JC will solve them for me in about 4 days. MW had their time in the light, and now it's over.

It is true that West is not quite as strong as they have been in years past, but we are still a very good team (in fact we are Region 2 co-champs, so I guess we are still in the light). I do believe we can beat JC, but we will have to begin playing at the beginning of the game and not after half time. I have always been impressed with JC. They play good football and always play to their game plan. As far as comparisons go, both of these teams seem extremely even on paper. West has scored 227 points (22.7/game) and allowed 154 points (15.4/game) the opponents record is 50-50; JC has scored 236 points (23.6/game) and allowed 192 (19.2/game) the opponents record is 53-48 (one NC team has played 11 games).

If this JC team concentrates on the run, the West defense will stop them. Our pass defense is adequate, but that is the weak point. We had some special teams problems earlier in the year, but those seem to have been ironed out. Our offense is the Jekyll and Hyde of this team. The offense either comes out on fire and cannot be stopped or cannot move the ball, there does not seem to be any middle ground. The last few weeks we have seen a more consistent offense. If this offense takes the field Friday night, then JC will not be in this game. If Hyde shows up, the pressure will be on the defense to hold until the offense settles down. Overall I see a West win. I do not think JC will be able to play four quarters with this West team.

I actually meant that as a positive in my mind. It would have been easy to take that game off completely but I am of the opinion that you try to win them all so you dont get rusty. Your statement above is correct on having to leave a few starters in the mix.

OK I see were you're coming from /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is true that West is not quite as strong as they have been in years past, but we are still a very good team (in fact we are Region 2 co-champs, so I guess we are still in the light). I do believe we can beat JC, but we will have to begin playing at the beginning of the game and not after half time. I have always been impressed with JC. They play good football and always play to their game plan. As far as comparisons go, both of these teams seem extremely even on paper. West has scored 227 points (22.7/game) and allowed 154 points (15.4/game) the opponents record is 50-50; JC has scored 236 points (23.6/game) and allowed 192 (19.2/game) the opponents record is 53-48 (one NC team has played 11 games).

If this JC team concentrates on the run, the West defense will stop them. Our pass defense is adequate, but that is the weak point. We had some special teams problems earlier in the year, but those seem to have been ironed out. Our offense is the Jekyll and Hyde of this team. The offense either comes out on fire and cannot be stopped or cannot move the ball, there does not seem to be any middle ground. The last few weeks we have seen a more consistent offense. If this offense takes the field Friday night, then JC will not be in this game. If Hyde shows up, the pressure will be on the defense to hold until the offense settles down. Overall I see a West win. I do not think JC will be able to play four quarters with this West team.

Good analysis. This is a dangerous game for M-W, particularly if their offensive woes from earlier in the season reappear. This JC team has more speed than normal. They will not have near the depth of M-W.

Good analysis. This is a dangerous game for M-W, particularly if their offensive woes from earlier in the season reappear. This JC team has more speed than normal. They will not have near the depth of M-W.

Johnson County was tough last year but their main horse graduated. Play hard nose

football and wear them down. Johnson County won't be easy but M-W should have

a more balanced offense and come out on top. M-E fan

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Can someone tell me how to get to the stadium coming from exit 12 off of I-81 I got so turned around last year I can't remember how to get there?

Take the TN-160 exit- EXIT 12- toward LOWLAND / MORRISTOWN.

Turn RIGHT onto ENKA HWY / TN-160 W.

Take the SOUTH CUMBERLAND STREET / TN-343 ramp.

Turn RIGHT onto S CUMBERLAND ST / TN-343.

Turn RIGHT onto Morris Boulevard.

Turn RIGHT onto Hurricane Lane at stop light past Sherwood Baseball Field and across from Dairy Queen.

The school will be on your left and the field will be straight ahead.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Can someone tell me how to get to the stadium coming from exit 12 off of I-81 I got so turned around last year I can't remember how to get there?

After taking exit 12 on I-81, turn right off of the ramp onto TN. 160. Continue on 160. After passing underneath U.S. 25E, ramp off of 160 onto the Cumberland Street exit. Turn right from the ramp onto Cumberland Street. Continue on Cumberland Street. As you near the 4th (?) traffic light, you are able to see downtown Morristown. To verify your location and the correct traffic light, at the light, there will be a gas station at your immediate right and a Firestone tire store directly across from it also on the right. Turn right at this traffic light onto Morris Blvd. At the 1st traffic light on Morris, you will be at Morristown East High School. Turn right at this light onto the East campus...the stadium and parking will be directly ahead.

Hope all Johnson Co. fans have safe trips this Friday night.