message to the officials

uoftfanatic

The officiating this season is some of the worse I have seen in many seasons. The officials came very close of causing the Bruins to lose the game against Franklin and this past week Riverdale was almost robbed of a win because of poor officiating. I just watched the replay of Brentwood/ Indy game and there again a very bad no call on a turnover by Indy that was so very blatent, who knows it could have changed the whole out come of the game. No one expects perfection by the officials they are not always going to get the spot right or they can't see every face mask but these examples are unexecuseable and I would bet there are dozens more. Please Officials lets raise up your game as the playoffs approach lets not let a team down because of YOUR poor ability to do your job. The football players should expect you to bring your A game and do the best you can do. If you don't care then please find a different part time job the outcome of these games are so crucial to the players they put their heart and soul, and blood, sweat, and tears and not to mention broken bones and torn muscles all year and to have a game lost in that way, again is unexecusable.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officiating this season is some of the worse I have seen in many seasons. The officials came very close of causing the Bruins to lose the game against Franklin and this past week Riverdale was almost robbed of a win because of poor officiating. I just watched the replay of Brentwood/ Indy game and there again a very bad no call on a turnover by Indy that was so very blatent, who knows it could have changed the whole out come of the game. No one expects perfection by the officials they are not always going to get the spot right or they can't see every face mask but these examples are unexecuseable and I would bet there are dozens more. Please Officials lets raise up your game as the playoffs approach lets not let a team down because of YOUR poor ability to do your job. The football players should expect you to bring your A game and do the best you can do. If you don't care then please find a different part time job the outcome of these games are so crucial to the players they put their heart and soul, and blood, sweat, and tears and not to mention broken bones and torn muscles all year and to have a game lost in that way, again is unexecusable.

I agree officiating has been awfull this year...its like the dnt give a crap if they call a bad call..also like they have there favorites..worst ive ever seen

I totally agree with these posts. I have several friends in coaching and their main complaints about officiating are consistancy and accountability. An official can make a horrible, game changing call that can cause a team to lose a game, miss the play-offs, or cost a coach his job. Yet, the official will continue to sell insurance or mwhatever he does and never think another thing about it. And the next Friday night be back on the field calling games with no repercussions to him. Yet these kids and coaches who have poured a lot of time and energy into a season are at home. This about happened to Jefferson County this year at Science Hill. Horribly called game, but Jeff scored late to win and eventually make the play-offs. I know they say they are unbiased, but they know the reputations of the schools. In my opinion, this is why the Maryvilles and Riverdales always win the close ones.

I have seen the film and there were calls missed on both teams. You didn't mention on the incomplete pass/fumble play the QB was getting facemasked at the same time. Bottom line, calls were missed on both teams.

Our qb has had 3-4 inadvertent whistles blown this year due to good fakes, this is after the head coach talks to the officials before the game about it, wee 9 still happening, if an official can not see the football down, he is not suppose to blow the whistle, otherwise where do you spot it. I do not see the refs calling many games one way but they have not done a very thorough job this year. They want to call a little bump on the sideline as a personal foul but allow players between the sidelines to spear and pile on wel after the whistle has blown. Referees have a tough job but the calls that really bother me are the ones they call that did nto happen. I understand them just not seeing something, but to make a call on somehting that just did not happen is terrible.

I too understand that referees very seldom get praised, but they get paid to do a job, I use to work for well driller and I did not get praised either and it did not bother me.

All I have to say on this topic is this... Some officials are biased... ( whether its intentional or not it happens ).. They should excuse themselves from duty when they are asked to call a game involving one of their favorite teams .... Also.. to be an official they should be in good physical condition to enable them to keep up with the game... There are far to many overweight... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> , out of shape officials that cannot move well enough to stay in position to make the proper calls.... Many times we question their vision when the fact of the matter is they are out of position....

To be fair I will make this statement... It is a hard job that requires alot of time and knowledge to do well... I'm glad there are people willing to do this... I'm not sure how much they get paid but I know its probably not alot....

There will not be any accountability until there are enough officials. I am sure most associations put their best crews on the most important games. A lousy crew get the likely blowout or game between the nobodies. I know of associations who are having to borrow college refs for games when they are in the area. The TSSAA will not do anything about it because we can't play without them. The true football lovers who are real fans of the game need to become referees and protect this sport we all love so much. If TN has more than enough officials then the lousy crews are given freshman, JV, and middle school games until they have mastered the craft and get a friday night game.

There will not be any accountability until there are enough officials. I am sure most associations put their best crews on the most important games. A lousy crew get the likely blowout or game between the nobodies. I know of associations who are having to borrow college refs for games when they are in the area. The TSSAA will not do anything about it because we can't play without them. The true football lovers who are real fans of the game need to become referees and protect this sport we all love so much. If TN has more than enough officials then the lousy crews are given freshman, JV, and middle school games until they have mastered the craft and get a friday night game.

GOOD POST

All I have to say on this topic is this... Some officials are biased... ( whether its intentional or not it happens ).. They should excuse themselves from duty when they are asked to call a game involving one of their favorite teams .... Also.. to be an official they should be in good physical condition to enable them to keep up with the game... There are far to many overweight... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> , out of shape officials that cannot move well enough to stay in position to make the proper calls.... Many times we question their vision when the fact of the matter is they are out of position....

To be fair I will make this statement... It is a hard job that requires alot of time and knowledge to do well... I'm glad there are people willing to do this... I'm not sure how much they get paid but I know its probably not alot....

I AGREE! I wish some of the folks from 2-3A would read this thread from this 5a forum. Good points made all around. Thanks!

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Bad calls have been made to much this year and it's been on both teams on both sides of the ball but one Ref some are keeping an eye on are saying he as made calls to favor one team in more than one game. If they can't call it right down the middle win or loss then maybe they should think about doing something else. Don't get me wrong some of these Refs do a great job I know three or four of them. but one bad apple can mess up the whole basket. If I rubbed anybody the wrong way sorry but I'm just calling it the way I see it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

i totally agree with just about all of the above. granted a ref cant see everything but dont call something that didnt happen or look over certain stuff. its a shame when the sideline ref dont call a penalty such as holding when it is right next to him and another ref has to come in and call it... and with the putting certain refs at certain gamnes i am totally for that. its a shame that at a william blount game the visiting teams refs where officating. hummmmmm.... whats up with that. not gonna mention any names but it sure looked good to me.