Clinton @ Powell

CutAlot53

As stated before, the AD is exactly what bully said he is. I don't see anyone with any sense wanting to deal too much with him. What does it take to qualify for AD? There seems to be alot of shake up going on. What running back are you talking about? (Hester).....? Is anyone working on the kids at the middle school in regards to coming to the high school? Because even the Andy fans must admit that with only 3 upcoming seniors on the team next year doesn't appear to be as good as this year. Not many 8th graders looking to forward to football at CHS, alot of parents are shopping.

Yeah, from what I am hearing the CMS players don't want to come to CHS to play football, because of the current coaching situation. Can't say who about the running back, but trust me...you will see his name a lot next football season...but not at Clinton...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If alot of the parents are "shopping" based purely on atheletics, then one must ask themselves "Do we need those types of parents in the program anyway?" The answer is NO! If the parents that are "shopping" are doing so based on education, then more power to you.

I would agree that there is more going on behind closed doors than meets the eye. What is the main problem? I don't know and probably most of the people on this board don't know. All I know is that for the first time in almost a decade, Clinton was competitive in almost every game and they should have made the playoffs.

Turning around a program doesn't happen overnight and it takes more than a coach or administrators. It takes the unconditional support of the parents and the whole school. I would be willing to bet that Clinton fielded less players on Friday nights than most 4A programs in the state. There are alot of kids walking the halls at Clinton that should be playing. Times have changed from when most of us on this board played, it almost seems as if the players expect to be pampered and the parents are way more involved than need be. Alot of these kids need to develop a sense of school/community pride and play.

I would be the first to admit that I was not a fan of the offense that Phillips put in place when he got here, but over the last couple of years, he has adjusted to the players that he had. Contrary to popular belief, Clinton has a very balanced attack and was more productive than in a very long time.

What I saw this year was te base being layed for very successful years in the next two. The Soph class we had this year was one of the tops in the state. Yes, Hazelhurst, Stone, and Frazier was awesome, but I saw alot of others contribute this year. Clinton cannot continue to improve if the parents and the kids themselves continue tryingto move on to "Greener" pastures and continue to "shop" their kids around.

Have some pride in community and school, take pride in being the group of kids that stuck it out and made Clinton Football something again.

Hit looks to me like Clintun will haiv a hard time ever gettin' back up with everybody over thair untill thay all start pullin in tha saim direcshun.

Seldom agree with you Maryville types but right you are Starsnbars. It seems everyone in Maryville is indeed pulling in the same direction. But I think in Maryville its more about team than individuals. Of course winning helps keep everybody happy. Because of the never ending soap opera Clinton will never be able to get their football program on the right track. Sad for the kids that the parents seem to have an agenda thats not in the best interest of the team.

Seldom agree with you Maryville types but right you are Starsnbars. It seems everyone in Maryville is indeed pulling in the same direction. But I think in Maryville its more about team than individuals. Of course winning helps keep everybody happy. Because of the never ending soap opera Clinton will never be able to get their football program on the right track. Sad for the kids that the parents seem to have an agenda thats not in the best interest of the team.

It also seems to be pulling in athletes who "PAY TUITION"!!

If alot of the parents are "shopping" based purely on atheletics, then one must ask themselves "Do we need those types of parents in the program anyway?" The answer is NO! If the parents that are "shopping" are doing so based on education, then more power to you.

I would agree that there is more going on behind closed doors than meets the eye. What is the main problem? I don't know and probably most of the people on this board don't know. All I know is that for the first time in almost a decade, Clinton was competitive in almost every game and they should have made the playoffs.

Turning around a program doesn't happen overnight and it takes more than a coach or administrators. It takes the unconditional support of the parents and the whole school. I would be willing to bet that Clinton fielded less players on Friday nights than most 4A programs in the state. There are alot of kids walking the halls at Clinton that should be playing. Times have changed from when most of us on this board played, it almost seems as if the players expect to be pampered and the parents are way more involved than need be. Alot of these kids need to develop a sense of school/community pride and play.

I would be the first to admit that I was not a fan of the offense that Phillips put in place when he got here, but over the last couple of years, he has adjusted to the players that he had. Contrary to popular belief, Clinton has a very balanced attack and was more productive than in a very long time.

What I saw this year was te base being layed for very successful years in the next two. The Soph class we had this year was one of the tops in the state. Yes, Hazelhurst, Stone, and Frazier was awesome, but I saw alot of others contribute this year. Clinton cannot continue to improve if the parents and the kids themselves continue tryingto move on to "Greener" pastures and continue to "shop" their kids around.

Have some pride in community and school, take pride in being the group of kids that stuck it out and made Clinton Football something again.

No parent needs anyone's approval to move their kid. That is what you do as a parent...you make sure that your child is surrounded by the best, upstanding, Teachers, Administrators, Coaches, etc....People move their kids for more reasons than just Athletics...You have to do what is best for your child's development as a student and as a person as well as an athlete. Nobody was saying anything bad about Phillips coaching ability, it was the influence, as a role model, that hurt him. The school needs to take pride in their students and student athletes and they will get pride in return. When the Administration does not work with Parents to do what is best for the student, then you have problems and parents look for something better for their child. Parents, look for the "GREENEST" pastures that you can find for your child...they are worth it!! Find a school that supports your child as a student, athlete, and as a person.

No parent needs anyone's approval to move their kid. That is what you do as a parent...you make sure that your child is surrounded by the best, upstanding, Teachers, Administrators, Coaches, etc....People move their kids for more reasons than just Athletics...You have to do what is best for your child's development as a student and as a person as well as an athlete. Nobody was saying anything bad about Phillips coaching ability, it was the influence, as a role model, that hurt him. The school needs to take pride in their students and student athletes and they will get pride in return. When the Administration does not work with Parents to do what is best for the student, then you have problems and parents look for something better for their child. Parents, look for the "GREENEST" pastures that you can find for your child...they are worth it!! Find a school that supports your child as a student, athlete, and as a person.

I apologize. Maybe I jumped to conclusions. If the Coaches are exhibiting behavior unbecoming of an educator or Coach I understand why parents would be upset with the leadership, coaches, etc...

But if it based on winning and loosing I would encourage you guys to come together as a community and help build rather than tear down.

Not many 8th graders looking to forward to football at CHS, alot of parents are shopping.

From what i seen they can't be to picky in their shopping.

What we need to be worried about is how to help our high school, not putting down the kids that should be feeding into our program. The biggest difference is that the middle school only won four games this year and that is considered a down year for them. I did see in the paper that they beat the team that won the championship, then got hit with injuries. The kids still know how and expect to win. It is that kind of talk that will keep them from coming to Clinton and joining our program. Bullyrock, are you sure you are a fan of Clinton High School? You are already talking bad about the kids that are not even here yet. I am a parent of a child on the high school team and this is why we can not get more players out. I do know that the middle school coach is trying to get them all to go to Clinton, but you obviously don't like that coach anyway, that is evident from earlier posts. Ask some of the kids what they think of him, then you might change your mind. I have been off of here for a while because of negativity and I did not want to get caught up in it and just when we start to turn the corner, someone always tries to bring us down. If all of the kids stay in Clinton and we get some more out, we could be in the playoffs for the next two or three years. That is fact.

You guys at Clinton just don't get it . Your team looked better this year than it has in years , yet a few of you constantly attacked the coaches week after week . As someone else said , an agenda other than winning . I wouldn't blame Stone or Hazlehurst either one for wanting to leave this soap opera . My guess would be a couple of you guys are the parents of kids who quit ..... so it has to be the mean old coaches ... no way possible could it be you or someone related to you . Thank goodness Maryville doesn't have the likes of you losers , and no wonder Coach Gaylor would rather be an assistant at Maryville , rather than a head coach at Clinton . I even saw a couple of you guys getting on RebelRon for saying nice things about your quarterback ...... kind of obvious your kid didn't make the cut . I feel sorry for the real Clinton fans , because of losers like you 3 or 4 guys , everyone knows that being a coach at Clinton is a dead end job .