Region 7

nununu

The Small Scholl Duals at the state this year is increases from 4 teams to 8. East Lit and MLK are in Region 6. FRA and Lipscomb are in Region 5. Both regions combine to makeup Area 3. The champions from each of the 8 regions will compete in Clarksville.

Bororef:

See my earlier response to your previous post about the regions for these schools and total number of regions.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok.. ill give you that one.. some kids do get better.. but in that case steiner was beating kleinert in the harpeth.. actually dominating him. and kleinert got pinned right? i do believe steiner didnt. ill give him that though.. the guy from oxford was pretty tough... also different wrestlers have trouble with certain types styles.. i guess all there is to do is wait.

Actaully if I can recall the match at Harpeth was extremely close the whole match and Kleinert won by one at the end with the final being somewhere in the 5-4 range. I never seen any dominating. Yes, Kleinert got pinned because he got stuck in a move in the 3rd but I mean he was up 11-5 where as Stiener the final score was 15-1 I mean you compare. Yes, people have trouble with certain types and styles but then again after wrestling people you know what to expect the next time the wrestlers meet. So I guess your right maybe we should just wait.

I don't think Antioch or Glencliff would make the Region 6 Duals tournament. We have Franklin, Overton, Independence, and Brentwood. Any of these 4 teams would win Region 7 easily. Region 6 is just tough. Not to mention Ravenwood. Every wresler is battle tested come State tourmanment.

Apparently bobcat was not at MLK when Antioch gave Overton all they could handle. The Bears had just gotten their football players back on that Monday, and wrestled Overton on Tuesday with a makeshift lineup. Let's see what the Cats would do with the Bears now, or in January. Maybe if you all are fortunate, you might can make state duals and meet up with one of these easy teams.

Also, congrats to Antonio Lillard of Hunters Lane for cracking Matman's state rankings by defeating Ravenwood and Region 6's Sean Ford.

yes much congrat to HL 125 Antonio Lillard for defeating state placer Sean Ford of Ravenwood. I hear Lillard plans on going 119 after Jan.

Anybody have any ideas for the region 7 indviduals heres my prediction please add to the collection. I am not much sure on the lower weight classes. Correct me at any weight class in ur opinion

Chris Soborn (if he can make the weight)

East Lits 103

Luis Aguilar EL

Frankie Nuffio Antioch

Antonio Lillard HL

Richard Williams GL

Jeremy Greer Antioch if he can get down

Ace Tsegaye GL

Nick Steiner

Nic Johnson MLK

Shaun Garett EL

Everett Colbert McGavock

Doesha Mintlow GL

Kyle Chandler MLK

Antiochs '52

GLencliffs '52

EL's 60

Actaully if I can recall the match at Harpeth was extremely close the whole match and Kleinert won by one at the end with the final being somewhere in the 5-4 range. I never seen any dominating. Yes, Kleinert got pinned because he got stuck in a move in the 3rd but I mean he was up 11-5 where as Stiener the final score was 15-1 I mean you compare. Yes, people have trouble with certain types and styles but then again after wrestling people you know what to expect the next time the wrestlers meet. So I guess your right maybe we should just wait.

I believe he's right.There was no domination what so ever, and Kleinert did win 5-4 at Harpeth.It was a very good match,and in the end Kleinert won the gold. As for the McGavick Tournament, yes,it is true that Kleinert got pinned and he was up 11-5, but its also true,if im not mistaken, that Stiener was 1 point away from being teched by the same guy.I mean come on, thats i big difference.If it came down to it, Kleinert would win 9 times out of 10

Odds are in Kleinert's favor

yes much congrat to HL 125 Antonio Lillard for defeating state placer Sean Ford of Ravenwood. I hear Lillard plans on going 119 after Jan.

Anybody have any ideas for the region 7 indviduals heres my prediction please add to the collection. I am not much sure on the lower weight classes. Correct me at any weight class in ur opinion

East Lits 103

Luis Aguilar EL

Frankie Nuffio Antioch

Antonio Lillard HL

Richard Williams GL

Ace Tsegaye GL

Nick Steiner

Nic Johnson MLK

Shaun Garett EL

Everett Colbert McGavock

Doesha Mintlow GL

Kyle Chandler MLK

Antiochs '52

GLencliffs '52

EL's 60

go ahead and finish them beastin. that Glencliff/ MLK match at 145 should be interesting. can anybody finish the rest of the weight classes out? ill try my best..

?

E.Lit

but, if reams comes back than he's got my vote

tough to say. i think Glencliff has beat everybody in the region.. but not sure.. ??

shawn rhodes was supposed to be good this year. does anybody know if he going to wrestle heavy? or stay at 215?

Clemons from Glencliff.. he's had some pretty good mathes that ive gotten to see.

but, i think HL beat him.. ? antiochs heavy looks pretty good as well as hume foggs.. should be a battle for first

I believe he's right.There was no domination what so ever, and Kleinert did win 5-4 at Harpeth.It was a very good match,and in the end Kleinert won the gold. As for the McGavick Tournament, yes,it is true that Kleinert got pinned and he was up 11-5, but its also true,if im not mistaken, that Stiener was 1 point away from being teched by the same guy.I mean come on, thats i big difference.If it came down to it, Kleinert would win 9 times out of 10

Odds are in Kleinert's favor

well, ok.. maybe not domination.. but, your telling me Kleinert would win 9 out of 10.. hmm. last year steiner beat him i do believe something like 4 out of 5... anywho.. are either one of them moving down a weight class? i think steiner would do good as well as kleinert at 130... Steiner beat mcgavocks 140 not to long ago.. and i think he won the mcgavock.. but, ohh well.. it just all depends..

who all knows what metro teams are gonna be at the father ryan?

East Lits 103

Luis Aguilar EL

Frankie Nuffio Antioch

Antonio Lillard HL

Richard Williams GL

Ace Tsegaye GL

Nick Steiner

Nic Johnson MLK

Shaun Garett EL

Everett Colbert McGavock

Doesha Mintlow GL

Kyle Chandler MLK

Antiochs '52

GLencliffs '52

EL's 60

Beastin, how can you forget Eric Rucker of Antioch. He is only the defending region champion at 119. Let's wait until January for the official Region 7 rankings. Also, Nick Steiner said he is staying at 135, doesn't feel like losing the weight for 130. Have to add a couple of names in that were left off, Clifford Lett is wrestling for E. Lit, and defending 135 region champ Scott Osaitilie of Antioch. Glencliff needs to have a good showing at the Ryan tournament. Several teams tried to get in the Ryan tournament, including Antioch, but Simpson shut the door, it is already full with a waiting list. Oh yeah, it is spelled Soboun

Here are some of my picks:

Chris Soborn (if he can make the weight) Ant

Randol Ridley East Lit

Lowe MLK

Luis Aguilar EL

Frankie Nuffio Antioch

Glencliff's 112

Rucker Ant

Antonio Lillard HL

Richard Williams GL

Cuffman EL

Reed MLK

Henderson EL

Ace Tsegaye GL

Yahya McG (if he returns)

Corey Jones EL

Nic Johnson MLK

Clifford Lett EL

Nick Steiner GL

Hussein Ant (If he can't go to 135 then I would put him as #4 @ 145)

Shawn Garett EL

Scott Ossatile (spelling ??) Ant (if he goes to 135 then he will be #1 there)

Everett Colbert McGavock

Doesha Mintlow GL

Kyle Chandler MLK

Jackson EL

Holman McG (if he returns)

Tresner Ant

Hinkle EL

Clemons GL

Burnley MLK

Gamble EL

Watts McG

Gentuso DCA

Goldtrap EL

Glencliff's

Antioch's

Reams GL (If he returns)

Ferguson EL

Antioch

215 (This will be a battle)

Smith HL (he has split matches w/Pegram, lost to Garrett)

Pegram GL (split w/Smith defeated Garrett)

Garrett EL (beat Smith, lost Pegram, beat Rhodes)

Rhodes Ant

Clemons GL

Hunters Lane

Moore EL

Antioch

Hume Fogg

Apparently bobcat was not at MLK when Antioch gave Overton all they could handle. The Bears had just gotten their football players back on that Monday, and wrestled Overton on Tuesday with a makeshift lineup. Let's see what the Cats would do with the Bears now, or in January. Maybe if you all are fortunate, you might can make state duals and meet up with one of these easy teams.

Also, congrats to Antonio Lillard of Hunters Lane for cracking Matman's state rankings by defeating Ravenwood and Region 6's Sean Ford.

I was there at MLK and while you state that "The Bears had just gotten their football players back that Monday." Both teams were not were they would be at the end of the year. I know Overton wasn't close to having their wrestler in their right weight classes and still beat Antioch. Good Job Antonio Lillard from HL. But there are so many great wrestler from Region 6. We have possibly six state champions that could come out of our region.

well, ok.. maybe not domination.. but, your telling me Kleinert would win 9 out of 10.. hmm. last year steiner beat him i do believe something like 4 out of 5... anywho.. are either one of them moving down a weight class? i think steiner would do good as well as kleinert at 130... Steiner beat mcgavocks 140 not to long ago.. and i think he won the mcgavock.. but, ohh well.. it just all depends..

who all knows what metro teams are gonna be at the father ryan?

yeah but see you can't really use last year for anything because like i've stated before kids do improve more than others. Kleinert mentioned something about dropping and I'm not sure bout stiener