11/9 Polk Co at White House

timbdp

The Polk team that WH played in 2005 was alot more one dimensional than this years team. This polk team is very well balanced. I agree with some others, it is difficult to predict when both teams come from large regions with not much of a chance for non region games. Closest I could find was Alcoa beat WH and Sweetwater by about the same score, Polk was beaten by Sweetwater in a close game. This Polk team has had some tough losses (3 losses, total of 6 points) Maybe Friday night was a sign that their luck is changing.

As far as kickers, I doubt White House has a better kicker, maybe as good, same for punting, Hammons from Polk has punted 15 times and his average is right at 45 yards...

This should be a great game,,,hopefully region 3 will give a better showing this year,,,,

Nobody knows who will win this one, so why guess, I'm pulling for Polk and any prediction would be purely heart.

On another note, On Yahoo Maps, I see a football field just off of hwy 76 (springfield rd) , about 1 mile east of I-65, on Stadium Dr. Is that the field?

http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt=h&...72081&mag=3

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Polk team that WH played in 2005 was alot more one dimensional than this years team. This polk team is very well balanced. I agree with some others, it is difficult to predict when both teams come from large regions with not much of a chance for non region games. Closest I could find was Alcoa beat WH and Sweetwater by about the same score, Polk was beaten by Sweetwater in a close game. This Polk team has had some tough losses (3 losses, total of 6 points) Maybe Friday night was a sign that their luck is changing.

As far as kickers, I doubt White House has a better kicker, maybe as good, same for punting, Hammons from Polk has punted 15 times and his average is right at 45 yards...

This should be a great game,,,hopefully region 3 will give a better showing this year,,,,

Nobody knows who will win this one, so why guess, I'm pulling for Polk and any prediction would be purely heart.

On another note, On Yahoo Maps, I see a football field just off of hwy 76 (springfield rd) , about 1 mile east of I-65, on Stadium Dr. Is that the field?

http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt=h&...72081&mag=3

That's it. Next to Kroger...you can't miss it. Hurry, hurry...the first 100 people get to sit down. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That's it. Next to Kroger...you can't miss it. Hurry, hurry...the first 100 people get to sit down. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We're taking out a few more vistor seats, it's now down to the first 50 getting to sit down..... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

We're taking out a few more vistor seats, it's now down to the first 50 getting to sit down..... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Maybe ya'll need to sit - we'll be standing anyway.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Go Polk!

I agree about the kicker for Polk, almost perfection. He kicked the first kickoff against McMinn Central through the uprights and the best part is I think he is a better punter than kicker. Now as far as the game goes Pok's '05 team was a very one dimentional team also, pretty much run right at you type. This years team has alot more flexibility. I believe the game will be won on time of possesion. Whoever controls the ball will win this one. Now as far as offensive weapons for WH, who does Polk need to worry about? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Are there any online clips of WH in action?

it was 10-7 last time they played in 05 and if this game comes down to the kickers white house will win

white house punter is leading sumner co in yards per punt

wh has big linemen but they are not slow

depth is a big key for white house only 2 players play on both sides of the ball

white house kicker will play soccer in college thats where he is getting schools looking at him but he could play kicker in college to he is that good in both sports and even plays basketball he is good at to

10-3 white house in 1st round at polk co 2005

Maybe ya'll need to sit - we'll be standing anyway.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Go Polk!

When Polk is sitting in ittybitty stands (for real) and lookng across the field at the WHOLE town of White House is can be a little nervewracking. I think the only games that draw crowds as big as the playoffs is WH vs Greenbrier, or Portland, two towns that neighbor White House.

When Polk is sitting in ittybitty stands (for real) and lookng across the field at the WHOLE town of White House is can be a little nervewracking. I think the only games that draw crowds as big as the playoffs is WH vs Greenbrier, or Portland, two towns that neighbor White House.

I think WH fans are going to be surprised at how many polk fans are going to show up, however as stated before we don't need to sit and we are definitley not intimidated by large crowds, it only pumps our kids up and adds to our excitement. I hope whitehouse has as many fans show up as you think . By the way, your fans are looking at about the same amount of seating once you get to the cow pasture.Chargers haven't had a good football team in years, and they are really pumped up, however they are not a very physical team, they are fast but if you can contain "action"Jackson and Slack "attack"(lol) I don't think you will have a problem winning. However I have to say we Polk fans are pulling for central because if we make it to second round we had rather face central again as to play greenbriar....... but be ready their little town is already painted that horrible baby blue

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think WH fans are going to be surprised at how many polk fans are going to show up, however as stated before we don't need to sit and we are definitley not intimidated by large crowds, it only pumps our kids up and adds to our excitement. I hope whitehouse has as many fans show up as you think . By the way, your fans are looking at about the same amount of seating once you get to the cow pasture.Chargers haven't had a good football team in years, and they are really pumped up, however they are not a very physical team, they are fast but if you can contain "action"Jackson and Slack "attack"(lol) I don't think you will have a problem winning. However I have to say we Polk fans are pulling for central because if we make it to second round we had rather face central again as to play greenbriar....... but be ready their little town is already painted that horrible baby blue

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Excuse me White House fans while I set CatFan straight on some issues. 1. A Polk fan making fun of a cow pasture? Hello pot my name is kettle. The ENTIRE county of Polk is a cow pasture. 2. Central is not a physical team? The second half comeback at Polk was out of the WISHBONE!!!!! Nothing screams power/physical football more than the wishbone. The second half comeback against Howard was out of the POWER I. Do I really need to explain this one or can you figure it out from the name? 3. Slack Attack that you laugh at has 7 tds the last 2 games. 4 against Polk County!!!!! 4. Little town??? Once again, Hello pot my name is kettle. Thank you White House fans for your time.