Jefferson Co. @ Knox Farragut

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game went about how I expected, figured the defense would keep us in the game early, but(I know I sound like a broken record) having to stay on the field as long as they did in the 2nd half eventually wore them down. There is no need for the Pats to hang their heads, Farragut is one heck of a football team and no one can say the team didn`t try its hardest for the victory. Instead of focusing on this one game I think its better to focus on the season as a whole and the future because there isn`t anything that can be done about the last game. On the whole I don`t see how any JC fan can`t be pleased with how the season turned out. A 6-4 season was the best case scenario for me back in the preseason, and we matched that total with a game left to play. We had our fair share of big wins(Mo West, and Sevier Co being the biggest IMO), and our share of unexpected losses(Campbell Co /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />) I don`t see any reason why Patriot fans shouldn`t expect bigger and better things next year and the years to come, we return a very high number of starters, plus a group of talented sophomores coming off a great season. I will say this, Coach Anderson might have to make some very tough decisions before next fall if we want to take the next step as a program. With the type of talent that comes into the school every year I don`t see any reason why we can`t do at least what we did this season every year, but if we want to get to the level of competing for region championships and state championships I think we're going to have to do some things differently(this is not the time or the place to discuss such things though, so I`ll leave it at that for now). I expected us to be much improved from 2006 to begin with, but I never expected us to make such a big improvement so quickly. Big time credit to Coach Anderson and the other coaches for that, as well as the players because no matter who is coaching, its the players on the field that have to make the plays in order to win.

See you guys on one of the off season JC threads that I`m such will be popping up not to long from now.

i dont think any jc fan could be disappointed with our season. cant say we greatly overachieved (campbell co negates that), but if you would have offered 6-4 and a playoff birth in the preseason, most of us would have taken it and ran. first coach we've had in a while that fits in with jeff co. football tradition (incl. meadows). thats neither here nor there. great season, lots to build off. look forward to seeing what happens in offseason. like jc4life said, gut has to make changes in order for us to take it to the next level.

80 yrd run-- unreal play. block(s) in the back occurred, but im not sure it mattered. he wanted in the endzone more than we wanted him out. best play ive seen in quite a while.

Thanks for the link. There was one more that couldn't be seen because of the zoom in. I sat on the Admirals side and even their fans where saying how lucky they got on that one. We had them worried until the second half. But it seemed like JC got away from running the ball and trying to keep the Ads O off the field. JC has got to play 4 quarters of ball. Maybe conditioning needs to be worked on in the off season. You are right about the refs. They didn't know what world they were in most of the time. Seems like it is becoming a trend by looking at the posts on this sight. TSSAA needs to step in and hold them accountable, review calls the next day, etc.. to improve this issue. They get about 80 bucks a game, thats about 25.00 hr plus free food. I'm sure a lot of folks around here would like to make 25.00hr.

Good job to Caoch Anderson for letting the seniors on the scout team play the last few minutes of the game. It was the right thing to do.