Jefferson Co. @ Knox Farragut

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were outplayed, and more importantly, outcoached vs. a superior Bearden team, and are playing a seemingly better team on Friday. As i have said since early in the season, we do not know how to tackle people. if we dont learn by Friday we will be in for a long night. if we hold sterling somewhat in check-- i.e. limit his yards after contact, we may make it respectable. thats a big if-- he is a great back. sorry to say, farragut roles.

it would be nice to see buster empty the playbook to at least put up a fight. the win by the veer die by the veer is getting old.

We were outplayed, and more importantly, outcoached vs. a superior Bearden team, and are playing a seemingly better team on Friday. As i have said since early in the season, we do not know how to tackle people. if we dont learn by Friday we will be in for a long night. if we hold sterling somewhat in check-- i.e. limit his yards after contact, we may make it respectable. thats a big if-- he is a great back. sorry to say, farragut roles.

it would be nice to see buster empty the playbook to at least put up a fight. the win by the veer die by the veer is getting old.

Or let Jonathan call plays for a quarter, he's bound to take over eventually anyway. I agree with you though, no point in holding back now, I`d love to see us come out 4WR shotgun or something to start the game, cause I guarantee you NO ONE will be ready for that.

How can you say getting old? You would rather go back to the I formation??? That got us some where didn't it. We're in the playoffs for the first time since 03 on the veer. Put up over 2000yds rushing on 2 RBs. Learn to pass and catch to keep them out of the box or it won't matter what offense you run. And tackling probably would help in a winning effort too. The veer is a great plan and got us this far in the first year of use. Give it time and it will only get better.

How can you say getting old? You would rather go back to the I formation??? That got us some where didn't it. We're in the playoffs for the first time since 03 on the veer. Put up over 2000yds rushing on 2 RBs. Learn to pass and catch to keep them out of the box or it won't matter what offense you run. And tackling probably would help in a winning effort too. The veer is a great plan and got us this far in the first year of use. Give it time and it will only get better.

The veer is a good offense for our talent. It would work much better if we ran it 75-80% of the time. You have to give the defense other things to think about.....passing....shotgun.....multiple receiver routes please !!!

With CN being in our backyard, surely someone is available to come over and actually teach these guys to run the "True Veer".

We have a had a good year. For me, the offseason is key. Will Coach Anderson have the guts to make changes to make his program better....if not, we will be a 3rd or 4th seed type team...for years to come.

The veer is a great offense to run, especially if you have a QB that is good at reading defensive fronts. All you need is couple of quick backs and your in business. It helps if you have a mobile OL, as you will need to run fairly wide line splits. You can chew up yardage and game time with this offense. If you have any questions, go down the street to Carson Newman, they put on a clinic most Saturdays in the Fall.

We ran the veer for years aound these parts and were very successful becausewe had far superior talent. I firmly believe that todays defensive athletes are just too quick to run just the veer. Carson-Newman has been mentioned several times. Even they are in three and four wide sets now and throwing the ball 20-30 times a game. The veer does not require an intricate pasing game, but you must throw it some.