Jefferson Co. @ Knox Farragut

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, i don't care if you learn how to tackle or what, sterling is still going to have 300 against you all, that is if he even plays in the second half, you all better get some new players, or you will be seeing sterling in your nightmares for a long time, because Works from Bearden had 2 something against you all and he is good but sterling is the real deal

We were outplayed, and more importantly, outcoached vs. a superior Bearden team, and are playing a seemingly better team on Friday. As i have said since early in the season, we do not know how to tackle people. if we dont learn by Friday we will be in for a long night. if we hold sterling somewhat in check-- i.e. limit his yards after contact, we may make it respectable. thats a big if-- he is a great back. sorry to say, farragut roles.

it would be nice to see buster empty the playbook to at least put up a fight. the win by the veer die by the veer is getting old.

We ran the veer for years aound these parts and were very successful becausewe had far superior talent. I firmly believe that todays defensive athletes are just too quick to run just the veer. Carson-Newman has been mentioned several times. Even they are in three and four wide sets now and throwing the ball 20-30 times a game. The veer does not require an intricate pasing game, but you must throw it some.

Absolutely right, not to mention the fact that veer or no veer, teams they rely on one thing usually get exposed come playoff time, and the teams that have many ways to beat you usually go the furthest. We completely rely on the inside running plays, and most of the other plays we run are based off the inside running plays. If we can`t run the FB dive successfully we're up a creek on offense because it is the basis for the rest of our offense. It doesn`t take a rocket scientist to figure out that Farragut's #1 goal on defense is going to be stopping the FB dive. I expect them to play us much like DB and Bearden did cramming as many people at the line of scrimmage as possible. We can either run our heads into the brick wall over and over(which we`ve done all year) or try something new. I can tell you right now though, we aren`t just going to run the ball down Farraguts throat consistently all game, we`ll probably be able to break off runs now and then. We have a very simplistic philosophy, when you have the athletes thats fine and dandy, but this time of year simple is not the way to win. Doesn`t mean we have to be complex or pass the ball 40 times a game, but we need to keep Farragut guessing and keep defenders out of the box doing whatever it takes.

Heather, once again, there are enough media sources and common sense in the world for you to figure out who and where Jefferson Co. is playing this week. Stay off this thread until you have something intelligent to add.

I really do not see how Jefferson County can stop the Admirals. Sterling cannot be tackled without more than one Patriot bringing him down;therefore, the Admirals will roll!!!. How's that, Mr. Tri-Cities Smarty Pants? I'm sorry for messing up your little "serious" message board.

I really do not see how Jefferson County can stop the Admirals. Sterling cannot be tackled without more than one Patriot bringing him down;therefore, the Admirals will roll!!!. How's that, Mr. Tri-Cities Smarty Pants? I'm sorry for messing up your little "serious" message board.

All this can and probably will come true friday night. The Patriots will do their best and that is all they can do.

Yes, Andre Sterling is a great RB. As good as any in past 10-15 years in Knoxville. He most likely go on to bigger

and better things, college, NFL, who knows !

A lot of things will have to go Jefferson County's way and a lot will have to go against Farragut. So lets play the

game friday night and see what happens.

Win or lose we at the game friday night believe in the Patriots and if we lose SO BE IT, WE WILL BE BACK

NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Take your best shots now because the shots will be harder to come by next year !!!!!!

GO BLUE !!!!!!

Looking for some help, and perhaps an explanation, from the Jefferson County followers. Going back to the Patriots' 2nd game, a matchup with Morristown West, the TSSAA site shows a 35-12 Jeff Co. victory. This is also the score given on the Knoxville News-Sentinel's Prep Xtra pages ( http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/sc...s/3066/results/ ). Here on Coach T, however, the score is given as 35-20 ( http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...amp;seasonid=61 ). That was also the score in the News-Sentinel's article the morning after the game as well as the N-S's list of statewide scores. Which is it, and any idea why the discrepancy?

Thanks.

Looking for some help, and perhaps an explanation, from the Jefferson County followers. Going back to the Patriots' 2nd game, a matchup with Morristown West, the TSSAA site shows a 35-12 Jeff Co. victory. This is also the score given on the Knoxville News-Sentinel's Prep Xtra pages ( http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/sc...s/3066/results/ ). Here on Coach T, however, the score is given as 35-20 ( http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...amp;seasonid=61 ). That was also the score in the News-Sentinel's article the morning after the game as well as the N-S's list of statewide scores. Which is it, and any idea why the discrepancy?

Thanks.

The score was 35-20, not sure why those sites list that score

How can you say getting old? You would rather go back to the I formation??? That got us some where didn't it. We're in the playoffs for the first time since 03 on the veer. Put up over 2000yds rushing on 2 RBs. Learn to pass and catch to keep them out of the box or it won't matter what offense you run. And tackling probably would help in a winning effort too. The veer is a great plan and got us this far in the first year of use. Give it time and it will only get better.

you get my drift. don't be so literal. i'm talking about running 'right red 14' and 'left blue 14' 90% of the time. the true veer offense has not been run one bit at JC this year, and really hasn't been since coach Anthony left-- brimer has no feel for his opponent and does a bad job setting up plays. you are right, we have to throw the ball a little more. and, in addition, the option plays a pretty big part in the option. thats been lost along the way as well. you're right the veer does work when run correctly, but using a few plays over and over will not exploit a defense.

yes, we must do better tackling. by far our weakest link so to speak.

We ran the veer for years aound these parts and were very successful becausewe had far superior talent. I firmly believe that todays defensive athletes are just too quick to run just the veer. Carson-Newman has been mentioned several times. Even they are in three and four wide sets now and throwing the ball 20-30 times a game. The veer does not require an intricate pasing game, but you must throw it some.

great point. you can be a veer team at heart but must change with the times. look at navy vs notre dame last week. navy has been triple option for yrs, but they run all sorts of formations. not re-inventing the wheel, just tweaking it a bit, just like cnc. defenses were the inferior athletes/skill players for a long time in high school and to some extent in college--into the 80s-- ...not so any more.

dang. that means when I did those stats on the first page of posts I was right with avg. PA... man.. oh well. I am keeping it at what the TSSAA site has it at..

I know this sounds dumb, but should I go to this game or the Tennessee/Temple game?

all i have to say is farragut is going to kill jeff co. as for d fence we are definately ready and i have all my faith in the offence. also i hear #42 is playing specail teams i am glad coach courtney can benift from all his seniors. my prediction is 44 to 7 fhs

Look, i don't care if you learn how to tackle or what, sterling is still going to have 300 against you all, that is if he even plays in the second half, you all better get some new players, or you will be seeing sterling in your nightmares for a long time, because Works from Bearden had 2 something against you all and he is good but sterling is the real deal

all i have to say is farragut is going to kill jeff co. as for d fence we are definately ready and i have all my faith in the offence. also i hear #42 is playing specail teams i am glad coach courtney can benift from all his seniors. my prediction is 44 to 7 fhs

Guess the Bearden fans I talked to last week weren`t kidding when they said Farragut folks are really arrogant