Lenoir City "Fans"

dr137600

Who the heck is Billy?

Who is Billy?

Also, I think the biggest thing with the QB was that the QB that graduated last year, played all four years, which gave no play time for this years QB. Which, again, will be the same case next year.

When the scoreboard shows a team down as much as most of the LC games were, the coach should try & use some new legs. But, then again you can compare football to the other LC sports & realize that leaving your first string in all the time is the way that most LC coaches think.

Who knows, maybe that is in the contract that the LC coaches sign???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when running a fade route there is a read. You just dont understand football. if the corner sits throw the fade. if he goes with the reciever throw the underneath route. do you know what cover 2 or cover 3 is? that might help you with quarterback reads. the freshmen lost 4 games. are you happy.

Who is Billy?

Also, I think the biggest thing with the QB was that the QB that graduated last year, played all four years, which gave no play time for this years QB. Which, again, will be the same case next year.

When the scoreboard shows a team down as much as most of the LC games were, the coach should try & use some new legs. But, then again you can compare football to the other LC sports & realize that leaving your first string in all the time is the way that most LC coaches think.

Who knows, maybe that is in the contract that the LC coaches sign???

Agree with LChalfback on this. I have watched LC for 4 years now and it seems that they are intent on playing alot of first team players, especially QB, even when the game is out of hand. You would think the back-up QB would get some PT when the score is 34-0 (Maryville in the 4th Qtr.) so they would have experience going into next season. Especially since there were only a few JV games this year.

dr,

Ask any military commander. Leaders are developed. Great leaders develop future leaders. If leaders are born, then we would breed for it, and not teach it. You miss the point. The coach IS responsbile for leadership. I agree with pantherman85. Coaches can identify leadership qualities, but then must develop those qualities. You can not just keep blaming everyone else for the lack of leadership in the LC program. To quote a great leader, GEN Bruce Clark said, "When looking for problems, start in ever increasing circles from your own desk".

leaders are developed, but they dont have to lead. So you are saying that the coaches must make a leader lead. That is not going to happen. If a young man wants to lead he will lead. you can not make somebody lead if he does not what to take on that responsibility. I dont see how you can make somebody do that. and the kids on a football team are differnt from people in the army. bad comparison.

dr,

I said LC runs an ISO fade, meaning there is no underneath route. That is the purpose. You run the fade to the weak side against cover two to catch the safety too far inside or you try to catch a corner trying to cover the slant and throw on the corner's turn to the outside.

In cover two the safeties will sit on the hash marks and split the field in half, in three the strong safety roll up on the strong side with flat coverage and the corners and free safety have deep thirds.

You seem to keep attacking personally and never address the issue.

dr,

Again I disagree and so did a coach that was much better than I ever was. Bob Neyland applied many military skills and principals to football and yes they do apply. During his years at UT, he made it mandatory for his players to join

ROTC to learn leadership. Just ask Coach Majors who was the operation officer for the ROTC department while he was a student.

lc quarterback was a senior. maybe his last game. dont know if he will play in college. great coaching job. let the kid play. the backup has next year. good job coach.

Dr, where would a QB that didn't even throw a touchdown pass in High School have a chance to play college ball? One reason this QB was so inexperienced is that the LC Coaches decided to not play him in games last year when LC was losing badly. From what I hear, Maryville plays their back-up QB almost every game to get him some experience. Friday vs, LC, they played 5 QB's. Good job Coach Quarles.

You are correct, Maryville ran great routes. In cover two the safeties start on the hashes, take three read steps, then roll witth the offensive flow. When I said sit on the hashes, I meant from where they start.

MANY times LC would run single receiver routes (to number 1 or 12) Also on the vaunted freshman team they ran single routes to Needham.