Lenoir City "Fans"

dr137600

does lc have an rotc. just because he didnt throw a pass doesnt mean he can play college ball. he might play a differnt position in college. you never know. the kid is athletic. college programs are run differently than high school programs. college athletes are paid to play. high school athletes are not. you expect more from college players. they are men. high school athletes are still just kids.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a though:

Maybe the parents of the football players should seek some advise from the parents of the cheerleaders. Meaning, if I am not mistaken, in 2005 the cheerleaders parents had had enough & they called & visited & called & visited & even met several times with the administration, not only @ the school, but even at the central office, until they finally reach mutual ground. At that time they got a cheerleading coach & asst that did wonders for the girls as a team. I am sure that if you ask maybe a senior cheerleader's parent they could give you the info on what & how this was done. Basically, instead of continuing to complain, they took the bull by the horns & banded together & actually saw results.

BUT, this will only work if all parents come together, problem will be that the parents of the senior players will have the same thoughts my parents did my last year. "This is my son's last year" & you will have very few freshman parents will get involved, they think this will cause their child playing time.

Anyway, like I said this is just a thought.........

does lc have an rotc. just because he didnt throw a pass doesnt mean he can play college ball. he might play a differnt position in college. you never know. the kid is athletic. college programs are run differently than high school programs. college athletes are paid to play. high school athletes are not. you expect more from college players. they are men. high school athletes are still just kids.

I hope they all get to play next season somewhere, if they want to.

I know people who follow the Maryville program pretty close who don't even know the head coach at LC's name. dr you know alot about both LC and Maryville, live in Maryville, know not only coaches at Maryville but also seem to know the entire coaching staff at LC, know quite a bit about the Freshmen team (I couldn't truthfully tell you if Maryville even fielded a Freshmen team, although I'm sure they did.) I think I'm begining to see the light here.

maryville has a freshmen team, and a jv team. I watched them both play powell. very well coached, but i think lc could have been there freshmen. i did go to college so i do know a lot of these people, because I have also played football with and again these people.

I know Nick and Mike white both played at maryville college

brian gossett and klye harris played at maryville college

jesse robinette played at maryville college

coah q played at furman

jimmy gaylor played at tennessee

coach ellis played at carson newman

is this the light.

I think there is a big difference between knowing and understanding football and being able to coach it, at least to be a successful coach. If you can lead the kids and get them to respect you and want to win for you, you have won half the battle (not an easy thing to do). Again, I think it all starts with discipline and treating the kids with respect, just as if they were your own kids. I would think you will find most all the successful coaches are able to do this. What happens is many of these young coaches have very young children or no children at all and do not know how to treat 15-18 year old kids. Again, the successful one's do and they don't have 12-15 players quit on them every year.

I think there is a big difference between knowing and understanding football and being able to coach it, at least to be a successful coach. If you can lead the kids and get them to respect you and want to win for you, you have won half the battle (not an easy thing to do). Again, I think it all starts with discipline and treating the kids with respect, just as if they were your own kids. I would think you will find most all the successful coaches are able to do this. What happens is many of these young coaches have very young children or no children at all and do not know how to treat 15-18 year old kids. Again, the successful one's do and they don't have 12-15 players quit on them every year.

don't most of the coaches teach. They would have to know how to deal with 15-18 year old kids. maryville coaches dont have older kids. some dont have any kids. and besides it is up to the parents to teach there kids to respect others, not the coaches.

don't most of the coaches teach. They would have to know how to deal with 15-18 year old kids. maryville coaches dont have older kids. some dont have any kids. and besides it is up to the parents to teach there kids to respect others, not the coaches.

My point exactly Doc. Maryville coaches "get it". Their players want to win for them because they have a disciplined team and the kids are treated with respect. I agree that parents should teach kids to respect others, however, respect also should be earned. One way to do this is to do what you say you're going to do. Don't say one thing and do another (parenting rule #1).

dr,

we got it. You love the current LC coaches. This debate is not about the moral fiber of these gentlemen nor if you and I know cover two or three. The debate is are these the right people to (re)build and run the LC program.

I agree, several of the coaches have great potential, but somehow that potential is not turning into production. I am not calling for the firing of every coach or any coach for that matter. I told myself I wouldn't second guess the coaches, but I got caught up in the moment in our discussion and did just that so I want to get by to the point.

My point has been all along, LC needs to impassionately analyze the program and determine the best for the PROGRAM. If the coaches are as good you claim, then they should be able to not only see the issues of players, facilities, administration support, etc, but be able to be self-critical. All good coaches are able to do so. Change starts with the leader. Again I want to say, the head coach is RESPOSIBLE for everything the program accomplishes or fails to accomplish. I believe this is all most LC fans want is for the coaching staff (and their followers) to recognize the program has not performed and quit blaming everyone except themselves. If coach White is able to do so, then great, I love to see young coaches succeed. However, if he is just working to keep his job, then maybe the LC fans are right in their assessment.

Pantherman85, thanks for the job offer, but I am a little too old to get back into the game.

can you people tell me where the tallent was on this team?

Must not have been any talent for a number of years. Since, according to you dr it can't be a coaching problem, the last 4 seasons with 12 wins (7 in the 04 season) must have been the players. These teams have won 20 games and lost 42 in the last 6 seasons. Record (2001-Present): 26-47-0 (.356). The 2001 (6-5) and 2004 (7-5) seasons were the only winning seasons. There is talk of a new stadium, new field etc, with no more talent than this coming through LCHS, and remember it can't be the coaches, maybe we should just give up and make a parking lot, I know they need parking at the school.

Must not have been any talent for a number of years. Since, according to you dr it can't be a coaching problem, the last 4 seasons with 12 wins (7 in the 04 season) must have been the players. These teams have won 20 games and lost 42 in the last 6 seasons. Record (2001-Present): 26-47-0 (.356). The 2001 (6-5) and 2004 (7-5) seasons were the only winning seasons. There is talk of a new stadium, new field etc, with no more talent than this coming through LCHS, and remember it can't be the coaches, maybe we should just give up and make a parking lot, I know they need parking at the school.

great with stats but not answering questions. I never said it wasn't coaching. not once, i just said you can't blame the coaching for everything. kids have to take some of the blame. adminstration also is to blame.