Lenoir City "Fans"

dr137600

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now i just said i never said it wasnt coaching or it was coaching. Im just saying that everybody just keeps blaming it on eveything else. it could be players, it could be coaching, it could be support from school, community, fans. eveybody needs to stop bickering. I would never want to coach at lenoir city especially after reading all of these posts. you people are terrible.

great with stats but not answering questions. I never said it wasn't coaching. not once, i just said you can't blame the coaching for everything. kids have to take some of the blame. adminstration also is to blame.

I went back and read this thread from the start and no, you never said it wasn't coaching, but you have blamed everything except coaching. It has been proven in football and other sports that being a good player doesn't equate to being a good coach. I think back to Magic Johnson just as one example, great player and a horrible coach and there is Steve Spurrier, like him or not, he is a good coach, just not in the NFL. Yes the great coaches were players, but the great players were not always great coaches, and all coaches don't fit in every situation. All of LC's coaches are young, most just starting out in this career, I commend the effort they put forth, no one questions that, but the results are just not very good. There is no guarantee that a new coach would win even 1 game next season, but maybe the players would believe they could, and I just don't think they have any confidence now. You have to admit that with coaching changes comes hope for the next season. Most of the younger players (Fr and So) I have spoken with don't believe in this staff.

now i just said i never said it wasnt coaching or it was coaching. Im just saying that everybody just keeps blaming it on eveything else. it could be players, it could be coaching, it could be support from school, community, fans. eveybody needs to stop bickering. I would never want to coach at lenoir city especially after reading all of these posts. you people are terrible.

I would guess you wouldn't want to coach anywhere then, because if you had the record of this staff, the post wouldn't be very good about you either, no matter the zip code of the school.

dr,

The LC fans are not terrible people, they just want the same as every other fan group. Some of the folks on the chat have sons on the team and just want the best for them, not just wins, but a program that will make them better people. They do not like it when coaches disregard the truth, are inconsistant in their discipline, curse them like sailors (do disrepect Navy folks), and treat parents like the are just a nuisance. I agree, these coaches are young and still learning their trade, but most are in a situation of their own doing. No one forced them to do the things they did or failed to do. They made those decisions.

Come on dr, you are great. You have been great for the program and have done more than most. You have unified fans........ against you. Yes, you have built a team.

I am still waiting on what you would do if you were in charge. Have fun with it.

The cussing the player happened many times at practice and even a couple times on the sidelines on Friday nights. I know it happened last year at Clinton on the sidelines when the coach in question grabbed the kids as he came to the sidelines and got in his face cussing. There is no place for this. I do not cuss my kids and would not appreciate a coach cussing my kid. If your fishing for a name "DR" you fishing in a dry well because I am NOT going to name names.

lcfootball makes no sense. steve spurrier was a great player and a awesome coach. i think he won the heisman trophy. can i please have an example of a coach cursing a player. I still have no evidence about that.

I think he is a great coach too, my point was he didn't fair so well in the NFL but has done a good job back at SC, like I said, some coaches do better in certain situations, like college over the NFL, I heard him talk about that on a ESPN show one night. Some good NFL coaches wouldn't make good college coaches, just different fits for different people. Maybe this staff (or parts of it) would be sucessful in another situation, but I'm afraid it just isn't working at LC. Maybe 2A or even 3A, but this doesn't seem to be it.

maybe the team would be better in 2a or even 3a. Maybe the fans are just jumping ship to fast. 4a is a tough region. maybe the team is just not ready to play in this region. maybe lc is just going through some growing pains right now. if you think a 3a team can just move up to 4a and be competitive in 3 years you mught be expecting way to much.

I dont think the players would be coach to use the wrong leverage. That makes no sense. the coaches dont tell the quarterback who to throw the ball to. the quarterback makes that decision from the reads that HE makes. I never said anything about sharing a field so I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know what goes on during practice. Do you go to practice??? Maybe i will have to leave work one day next year and go watch. I can probably guarentee that the little league and the high school do not run the same offense and defense. So the freshmen coaches had to coach the kids to run the high school program. Knowing that people support you is very inspiring. You don't what to let people down. I went to the maryville high school game and I saw that running back pick up the coach. That was very touching. Maybe the kids like the head coach.

Seeing on how you know everyone why don`t you ask that running backs dad what he thinks!!!!