Greeneville Vs. Sullivan East

DevilMan03

I will guarantee you that if it would have been possible for Kev-O to have played all four years of high school ball he would have played. He was a darn good player too. However things happen and he was unable to finish playing his high school career. Enough said! Now as for this conference this and this conference that... WHO CARES? All I know is that Greeneville play Sullivan East on Friday night and if they take care of business then they will get to play again next week. As for the playoffs a few years ago when East sent Greeneville on to basketball season well honestly a lot of the players were ready for it to be over and even talked more about the party after the game than about the game itself. Not an excuse just how it happened, not that they would have won the game anyway because East was pretty good that year. Good luck to both teams, I hope Greeneville wins but I hope noone gets injured on either team.

Good post volunteerfan23. Your "takin care of business" (a little Bachman Turner Overdrive there for us old guys) is right on target. I say let yer cleats and pads do tha talkin! This is gonna be a barnburner.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the following breakdown about each team

Greeneville- Beats South by 3, beats West by 7, Loses to Boone, Loses to 2A ky Defending State Champ

West- Loses to Greeneville by 7, Loses to Knox Catholic Ranked in top 5 3A state, Loses to Science Hill

South- Loses to Greeneville, Beats THS, Beast S Hill by 20

THS- Loses to South by 7, Beats S Hill by a couple

Looks like any of these 4 could move on to Maryville

Now as for the rest of both conferences as how good they are and also look at non-conference opponets

South and TN High have 3 schools in their conference who are 3A schools playing up so they definately have an advantage there.

Greeneville is also a 3A playing in a 4A so this could be seen as a disadvantage

East beat Volunteer by 7

Johnson County got beat by a 1A school and played at least 1 2A School

Unicoi beats a week 2A school in South Greene and played another 2A in Happy Valley

TN Highs non conference was week with the exception of DB. Va High and 5A S Hill no playoff

Mo West played two 5A schools and a State top 5 3A school

Greeneville played the #1 team from MLC and a 5A playoff team and KY State Champ

South played Boone and Greeneville Non Conference

You talk about 2004 what about 2005 and 2006 as far as head to head in playoffs which did better.

Greeneville- Beats South by 3, beats West by 7, Loses to Boone, Loses to 2A ky Defending State Champ

West- Loses to Greeneville by 7, Loses to Knox Catholic Ranked in top 5 3A state, Loses to Science Hill

Now as for the rest of both conferences as how good they are and also look at non-conference opponets

South and TN High have 3 schools in their conference who are 3A schools playing up so they definately have an advantage there.

Greeneville is also a 3A playing in a 4A so this could be seen as a disadvantage

East beat Volunteer by 7

Unicoi beats a week 2A school in South Greene and played another 2A in Happy Valley

TN Highs non conference was week with the exception of DB. Va High and 5A S Hill no playoff

Greeneville played the #1 team from MLC and a 5A playoff team and KY State Champ

You talk about 2004 what about 2005 and 2006 as far as head to head in playoffs which did better.

One point you are leaving out is that Greeneville just like Besty might be a 3A but they do get alot of kids playing there that would go to your county schools normally. I will also add that the 1A team that beat Johnson County has a great shot to win the state and still hasnt been beat. They would no doubt be a playoff team in the 5 Rivers or MLC in my opinion this year. You also forgot that SH shutout West and got drilled by South and beaten by TH High. We will all see come Friday I am sure if any of this really means crap.

You now know how it feels when it gets personal. I think you owe Pumpkinhead a BIG apology and may I suggest you stop throwing stones from a glass house...Clown!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> In my lifetime I notice that there are two types of people in this world…those who participate, and those who just watch those who participate. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Uuuh...and before you go off half cocked and try to shoot back another one of your juvenile responses I would first sit back...take a deep breath...and repeat after me "I'm waayyyyy out of my league, I'm waaaaayyyyyyy out of my league"!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

If you go back an look i did give an apology /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> an what have you said that ticked me off other then talking about South an THS on the Greeneville East tread????? How about some info on you, does anyone know you or can tell us about you or what kind of guy you are, lets hear about your character......... How many people on here have said good things about me? Am i way out of my league haha no way! please explain it to me on how Im out of my league, If its because Im young then what does that say about yourself on here fighting with a "juvenile".

I made a little mistake there are 4 schools in the MLC that should be playing 3A (North, Johnson County, Betsy, Unicoi) also West was beaten by 5A Jeff County.

Greeneville beat Jeff Co. to

One point you are leaving out is that Greeneville just like Besty might be a 3A but they do get alot of kids playing there that would go to your county schools normally. I will also add that the 1A team that beat Johnson County has a great shot to win the state and still hasnt been beat. They would no doubt be a playoff team in the 5 Rivers or MLC in my opinion this year. You also forgot that SH shutout West and got drilled by South and beaten by TH High. We will all see come Friday I am sure if any of this really means crap.

You are correct if Greeneville and Betsy didn't have tuition kids they would be 2A and then look out. As for Hampton they are strong. My point is if you look at the strength of schedule of every team in both conferences the 5 Rivers would be stronger based on who they played overall.

East beat Volunteer by 7

You can drop that Mercer County crap. They went 1-3 in their conference this year 5-5 over all (one win being Greeneville) /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . And Greeneville lost to a Boone team by 14 that South beat by 30. West loss to Science Hill (the one that’s not in the playoffs) by 21 points while THS beat them by 6 and South beat by 20.

By the way I would put Johnson County (3A) up against (4A) Cherokee, Cocke Co and (5A) Boone and Crocket ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! You’re going to feel like an idiot if Johnson County beats up on West. We at THS know better than to ever underestimate them Mountain City boys (and soon you will too)!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You are correct if Greeneville and Betsy didn't have tuition kids they would be 2A and then look out. As for Hampton they are strong. My point is if you look at the strength of schedule of every team in both conferences the 5 Rivers would be stronger based on who they played overall.

I wont argue the last point but I think location on the map probably kills Johnson County and Unicoi. The schools played by them that are lower in class are from the old Watauga Conference and are basically scheduled due to the past and also to keep travel expense down. I will say that playing Happy Valley does nothing to help anyone at the 4A level for sure. I dont really buy the 2A argument but I will say as I was told once for complaining about the same thing in Johnson Counties case. You play the hand you are dealt and if it is 4A ball when it should be 3A or 2A so be it. Go knock heads and improve every week. Best of luck to both teams!!!

You can drop that Mercer County crap. They went 1-3 in their conference this year 5-5 over all (one win being Greeneville) /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . And Greeneville lost to a Boone team by 14 that South beat by 30. West loss to Science Hill (the one that’s not in the playoffs) by 21 points while THS beat them by 6 and South beat by 20.

By the way I would put Johnson County (3A) up against (4A) Cherokee, Cocke Co and (5A) Boone and Crocket ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!! You’re going to feel like an idiot if Johnson County beats up on West. We at THS know better than to ever underestimate them Mountain City boys (and soon you will too)!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ur an idiot Morristown West will compete and beat anyone year in year out. West and SS will be a great game west will be a great team to knock off the big man curt. Also don't u have a son that plays for THS. Just remembering what i have read if so whats his #. SO the Greeneville Defense can put a big bullseye on his front side

Ur an idiot Morristown West will compete and beat anyone year in year out. West and SS will be a great game west will be a great team to knock off the big man curt. Also don't u have a son that plays for THS. Just remembering what i have read if so whats his #. SO the Greeneville Defense can put a big bullseye on his front side

I am 100% positive he will not give a #. He has ticked off to many people on here an im sure he is scared people would take it out on his son.

Don't worry about that. You had better worry about Sullivan East. The bulleye's might need to be on them. I am sure theirs is very focused on Greeneville. On top of that if Greeneville is lucky enough to ever see TN High I would hope Caps boy is on offense because the Greeneville D will see plenty of them when you cant move the ball.