Gallatin @ Independence

wave13

Looking at some of the stats for Independence I see that Indy really likes to spread the ball around. The only thing consistant is Pettigrew with 157 carries for 1014 yards and 16 tds. The best stats I have for Heckman are 35 of 53 for 601 yards. He will also run just enough to keep you honest. Issac Baugh is the leading reciever with 29 catches for 449 yards. But he is by no means the go-to-guy. Parker, Reese, Veres(who looks to be a huge play reciever), Consigilio, and Pettigrew are all getting balls thrown there way. Pettigrew out of the backfield is very dangerous for a defense to cover. Consigilio is getting some touches running the ball as well. From what stats that I have it appears that Indy is averaging about 171 rushing yards and 113 passing yards per game. On defense Consigilio is leading the team with 121 tackles. It appears that you really have to concentrate on stopping Pettigrew while hoping your defense won't give up the big play from the Indy passing game. Very, very tough to defend. Pettigrew has run absolutely wild on some teams(209 yards and a couple of 170+ games) and also has been shutdown by some (12 for 45,17 for 51, 8 for 15).

It will take a great effort by the Green Wave to slow down the Independence offensive attack. But it has been done. The Gallatin defense must really step up their game if they don't want it to be a blowout. The kicking game appears to be close. Not sure of Ingham's fieldgoal avg. but I know he has only allowed 4 balls to be run back on kickoff returns all year. And he has hit at least one from 47 yards out.

Biggest concern for me is from the coaching standpoint. The style of play that Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Franklin play is just like that of the Eagles. And those 3 teams have been very successful against us the past 6 years. If Gallatin and Lassiter choose to go ultraconservative like the past, then it could be a long night for the Green Wave. I don't know if our defense can hold them all night without us putting up multiple points. Independence has come back a couple of times from being down in the 4th to pull out the win so Gallatin will not be safe anytime after the whistle blows. This is going to be a tough ballgame but not impossible if we play good ball.

Great post... No matter how this game turns out i have been really happy with the gallatin posters... Its nice to hear some great statements and quality observations. Its a good breath of fresh air compared to the other posters we have been dealing with all year.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaches tend to not sway away from what they are comfortable with. They are creatures of habit. If they get down early, then they may try it in desperation. Unless he feels he is totally outmatched I doudt he will change the playbook much. Wrinkles may be added though. These teams looked to be matched pretty evenly from what I have read. I think Indy wins, but it is not a lock. Can't wait until Friday night.

I agree. That is why I brought up the point about me being worried about Lassiter and his playcalling in the past few playoff games. Lots of plays inparticular, pass plays that go in a forward motion, usually get relocated to the back of the playbook until it is too late. This year for Gallatin the pass plays have really opened up the running game. I would hate to see that end in favor of a 1930's- 40's style run game that as a Ravenwood coach called it "very predictable".

However, we weren't supposed to even be here and that says alot about how the team has played of late. I think this will be a really good ball game.

It's almost that time again...nothing like football in November.

My concern is simple: when they switch on those lights this Friday, it's a whole different ballgame. Independence hasn't ever experienced this before, while Gallatin has. Certainly the Wave lost a considerable number of seniors after last season (43, I believe), but they still know what it feels like. For a young team, it's tough to make that adjustment to postseason ball. Gallatin is the kind of team you can't let hang around. In 2005, I watched a really good Page team lose its opening round game to Crockett County because they let the pesky Cavaliers stay in the ballgame.

That's not to say that I believe Gallatin will win this game. I haven't seen them play since last year against Ravenwood, but I feel like Independence has more talent. As long as the Eagles play solid football and don't turn the ball over, they should win by 3-7 points.

I would like to see G-Town win because the people at Independence make me SICK!!, but Independence by 12

I would like to change my prediction for this game G-Town by 6, Independence will not be ready for this type of game. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I would like to change my prediction for this game G-Town by 6, Independence will not be ready for this type of game. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Nutz,

An 18 point swing in less than 24 hours. Your hatred of Indy people must have multiplied. If you opened a sport book franchise they would think you fixed the game...lol

Wow that is a big change, what made you change your mind on the Indy team being ready?

For the better part of the past decade, Gallatin had been playing the roll that Indy is playing in this game; #1 or 2 seed looking at a double digit underdog. However, Gallatin now finds itself in a possition with nothing to lose. That could be a dangerous thing for the Eagles. This Gallatin team is unlike any i've seen. They have played their most inspired football when it has mattered most. Like Gwave1, I think this Wave team has yet to play its best game this season. I won't throw all the tradition stuff at you, but though Indy is clearly the better team on paper, Gallatin has all the intangibles going into this game. Should be a great one. I look forward to visiting a new stadium.

REMEMBER THE G FACTOR