Gallatin @ Independence

wave13

It's playoff time and I've been wanting to get back on here for a while now...I was told I had to cool it for a while. So let's just come out and say what everyone wants to hear...I know some people will get mad at me for this but I'm used to it (my wife stays mad at me all the time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

THERE IS NO MATCHUP. IHS WINS BIG!!!

There, I said it.

So what is the score going to be?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's playoff time and I've been wanting to get back on here for a while now...I was told I had to cool it for a while. So let's just come out and say what everyone wants to hear...I know some people will get mad at me for this but I'm used to it (my wife stays mad at me all the time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

There, I said it.

Good another one... someone who signs up the same day they post 5 times and make the people who have been here and know what they are talking about, really angry... Please disregard him...

Running game may be inconsistent, not the running back. Teams have schemed to stop the running game. When they sell out to stop the run, something else is open. Please tell us what the Eagles "obvious" weaknesses are.

Well I'll let you be the judge of inconsistency then. But let's take a look at some of the stats that have been put up by the running back this season. www.tennessean.com>

- vs. Brentwood Academy 8-9, 1 TD

- vs. Montgomery Bell Academy 8-15

- vs. Franklin 8-26, 1 TD

- vs. Brentwood 12-45, 1 TD

vs.

- vs. Dickson County 18-172, 2 TD

- vs. Centennial 32-209, 3 TD

- vs. Columbia Central 17-162, 2 TD

- vs. Memphis East 22-151, 2 TD

Now I post those not to take anything away from the kid because he is one heck of a running back, but that maybe the coaches at the first four schools knew something that every one else didn't know. In other words as to how to stop him.

I will not go over the Eagles "obvious" weaknesses. I would hate it if a coach from Gallatin got on here and read them and schemed against them as a result of the post. Now that would be an awful thing to happen. You wouldn't want such a thing to happen to the Eagles, would you?

Well I'll let you be the judge of inconsistency then. But let's take a look at some of the stats that have been put up by the running back this season. www.tennessean.com>

vs.

Now I post those not to take anything away from the kid because he is one heck of a running back, but that maybe the coaches at the first four schools knew something that every one else didn't know. In other words as to how to stop him.

I will not go over the Eagles "obvious" weaknesses. I would hate it if a coach from Gallatin got on here and read them and schemed against them as a result of the post. Now that would be an awful thing to happen. You wouldn't want such a thing to happen to the Eagles, would you?

your comparing apples to oranges. kinda like if your team ran all over stratford, whites creek, glencliff, or Hillwood. How impressed would you be with high stats over those teams? Lets face it these teams are the cream of the crop or they wouldn't be here. If your counting on "obvious" weaknesses you WILL lose with that attitude. You can't compare what one team did to one team. It LOOKS like Indy handled Ravenwood easily but it was a lucky win that easily could have went the other way when Ravenwood just broke down with just a few minutes left in the fourth and gave up I think 21 points 14 in the last 28 seconds. It looks one way on paper but totally different in reality.

your comparing apples to oranges. kinda like if your team ran all over stratford, whites creek, glencliff, or Hillwood. How impressed would you be with high stats over those teams? Lets face it these teams are the cream of the crop or they wouldn't be here. If your counting on "obvious" weaknesses you WILL lose with that attitude. You can't compare what one team did to one team. It LOOKS like Indy handled Ravenwood easily but it was a lucky win that easily could have went the other way when Ravenwood just broke down with just a few minutes left in the fourth and gave up I think 21 points 14 in the last 28 seconds. It looks one way on paper but totally different in reality.

Were you at the Ravenwood game? It was far from a lucky game. Becker bit on the pump by Heckman, which left Veres wide open for the scoore and the lead. No luck there, just pure football. Then Fowler made a great pick to finish it off. It was no luck, just good football and the better team came out on top. I find it hard to figure out why so many people can't give Indy credit for what they accomplished towards the end of the year this year by calling their wins lucky and acting like Indy didn't earn it.

vs.

You don't need to quote the stats from the Tennessean to me since I provided the stats to them. BA and MBA stop a lot of good running backs and Pettigrew was not 100% healthy. Did anyone else for IHS have good yardage? No. Franklin jumped up 21-0 and IHS went away from the run because they fell behind. I would also say those 3 teams have pretty good defenses. Brentwood did a great job od taking away the run. Why not mention Ravenwood and Northeast also. I don't have them in front of me but he had around 50 vs Ravenwood and ~160 vs Northeast.

My point is that coaches scheme to stop the running game, whomever the back is, and not just one running back. Do you honestly think that Head coaches scour over this forum to devise their game plan? They use game film, not forum posters to find weaknesses.

There, I said it.

I don't think your post will make too many Gallatin fans or players mad, some maybe but not many. What it will do is cause a bunch of grins and smiles.. especially with the GHS players.

Indy, from all I read and hear, has a very good and experienced group of kids. I congratulate them on everything they have accomplished in just a few years. I've talked to several of the Gallain kids and they have much respect for this Indy team. They know what's ahead of them Friday night and are excited to be playing. This GHS team was all but given up for dead just a couple of weeks ago but they came together and have been playing some pretty good ball the past two weeks.

Here's to an injury free and clean game... Go Wave!

Then lets look at Indy's 3 losses that look like blowouts then. IHS is down 21-14 vs BA going into the 4th quarter (Lose 35-14). They were down 13-0 vs MBA going into the 4th (lose 21-0). At Franklin they were down 21-16 with 8:32 left and end up losing 41-16. The Ravenwood game was close until Indy blew it open late. It doesn't matter how much you win by. I'd rather be lucky than good anyday.

I don't think your post will make too many Gallatin fans or players mad, some maybe but not many. What it will do is cause a bunch of grins and smiles.. especially with the GHS players.

Indy, from all I read and hear, has a very good and experienced group of kids. I congratulate them on everything they have accomplished in just a few years. I've talked to several of the Gallain kids and they have much respect for this Indy team. They know what's ahead of them Friday night and are excited to be playing. This GHS team was all but given up for dead just a couple of weeks ago but they came together and have been playing some pretty good ball the past two weeks.

Here's to an injury free and clean game... Go Wave!

Our team was also given up for dead after startin 1-3. Looks like both teams have risen from the dead. Indy player and coaches are not takin the Green Wave lightly at all. They are expecting a hard fought game to the end. It is easy to pick out the posters in this forum that are true fans of both teams and not just trolls that try to stir crap up. I am also hoping for a clean and injury free game and go Eagles.