Henry County vs. Raleigh Egypt

bigredfan4ever

Just to let the gang know how we will be making this week's brew...something for your reading enjoyment.

Round about the cauldron go;

In the poisoned entrails throw.

Toad, that under cold stone

Days and nights hast thirty-one

Sweltered venom sleeping got,

Boil thou first i' the charmed pot.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Macbeth, 4. 1

RED SWARM...RED SWARM...RED SWARM!!!

Wow, quoting Macbeth for the Big Red! Impressive! BR84, I think you need to rustle up some gold dust scrapped off an Egyptian Sarcophagus for the brew. Symbolizes the Patriots putting the Pharoahs down! Cool, crisp air rolling in this week. Football weather at its finest!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold dust going in now. We also have splinters off of an old chariot and cat fur. MMM...can you smell it yet? Smells like a Big Red...WHOA...don't spill that!! That derned Gator is at it again. I tell you what, he can make me madder than a one-armed man at a paper hanging contest.

Does anyone have any scoop on RE? What are they like? Do they run or pass? How about their D?

Guys, just as the great RW said earlier...EVERYONE is 0-0 right now. It's either win or go home!! I don't want to go home yet. Not till after the trip to M-town!!

You may want to dress the freshman team for this one! It's true that stranger things can happen but I don't see this one. There is no doubt the coaching staff is all over it and RE has very little to offer in the way of resistance.

Dry track at Munford and things could get interesting. It will be a close one and not similar to the last game. Hopefully we can minimize the running back while getting some points again.

Didn't see Fairley this year but it will be a struggle for Hardin. Not sure if there is a home field advantage other than the bus ride since Memphis games (Melrose the exception) don't usually get much attendance.

Would be great if Northside could pull it off but Melrose would have to be looking way ahead. Experience and home field is a tough combo to overcome but Northside is a much, much better 4 seed than RE so it could happen.

Good Luck and hope for no injuries across West Tennessee!

There are several City of Memphis teams that have a following. Fairley is one of them. There should be a nice crowd on hand @ J.P.Freeman, especially since Whitehaven will be playing Ridgeway virtually down the street and around the corner from J.P. Freeman. I expect traffic to and from each game along with people milling around. Expect a good game from Fairley.

I definitely think the Yanker should go to Paris and get there early and enjoy the hospitality of the great Henry County fans and friends he has there. I`m sure he would have a marvelous time. That`s what high school football is all about. Besides, if he only knew who Patsdoc is and knew that I have got to meet her, he would definitely be jealous of me. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

BTW patsdoc...this could definitely be a pizza weekend. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

The boys just got pizza yesterday for the region championship. I hope they are still hungry! The offer still stands of course.

This 1st one should be a cake walk for you Pats. As for us as well. What do you Pat fans think about meeting between us ?

well if we play it will be in the semi's at our house, but we both have long and hard roads in front of us. the first rounds may be easy but the 2nd and 3rd rounds will be battles.So both teams have to remain focused

well if we play it will be in the semi's at our house, but we both have long and hard roads in front of us. the first rounds may be easy but the 2nd and 3rd rounds will be battles.So both teams have to remain focused

And so they will.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Boys...the pot is simmering quite nicely today. I do have an uneasy feeling today about the game though. We cannot take RE for granted. They will not lay down and play possum for us. This is the playoffs!! I will say it again..."REMEMBER WESTVIEW!"

BTW...where is the interestingly, always insightfully, ever intruiging YANKER!!!???

Olddevil good to meet you as well. I hope all is well with you and yours. We should all get together around the cauldron Friday before the game...hehehehe!!

Boys...the pot is simmering quite nicely today. I do have an uneasy feeling today about the game though. We cannot take RE for granted. They will not lay down and play possum for us. This is the playoffs!! I will say it again..."REMEMBER WESTVIEW!"

BTW...where is the interestingly, always insightfully, ever intruiging YANKER!!!???

Olddevil good to meet you as well. I hope all is well with you and yours. We should all get together around the cauldron Friday before the game...hehehehe!!

BR84 it was nice meeting you at the Hardin County game also. I was the one beside patriots04, thats my brother

Im pretty confident about facing RE. I seen a small clip of there game film today and from what i seen they were pretty little

Good Morning Big Red Country! It is a nice cool - well, downright COLD - crisp morning up here! Practice under the lights is a sight to behold, for that only means that the Playoff season is upon us. Raleigh Egypt does have some potential threats. Lots of speed, a prolific passing attack, and some big linemen up front. On the flip side, they must be GROSSLY undisciplined to lose as much as they have. So the key to this one is putting it on early and often, then sustaining so as not to allow them any hope of getting back in the game. If the Patriots give them any reason at all to believe they can play with us, they will be a completely different ball team. Nonetheless, I believe in our Patriots and believe they will be prepared for this one. This is a great group of kids, and one of the best assembled coaching staffs in the state. Two days away! I'm getting more and more excited!!!

Go Big RED!!!

BR84 it was nice meeting you at the Hardin County game also. I was the one beside patriots04, thats my brother

Im pretty confident about facing RE. I seen a small clip of there game film today and from what i seen they were pretty little

Little, are you kidding me, they are probably the biggest team we have played all year. They are huge up front,

ttwo cats like 6-3 280-290, they are fast, they are very talented, have shown a tendency to not be very disciplined and just play the game with no direction, but think not of them as being small or uncoordinated. They have more talent and size than we have seen this year.