9AA

CoachF

You think. They still blew out three teams today at the Seigal High School play day in the Boro. All 20+ point wins without Z Mason. You better start planning ahead now because these guys are tough at every level. Of course in basketball anything can happen and it's important to not get over confident. What I saw today would scare any opposing coach. Add Z.....get ready!

Who did they play?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think CPA will be very good this year. They have a lot of experienced players and good balance in size, ballhandlers, and shooters.

I believe Z Mason will be better this year not only because he is a year older, but because he played football this year. He didn't play football last year and throughout this year's football season he seemed to develop more of a competitive nature. He has always been low key emotionally, which can be a good thing, but I think his football experience toughened him and has made him more confident and competitive.

Just an observation, but we will see.

CPA will win districts and contend for a its first state championship this year.... cpa will also be very fun to watch w/ its up tempo style of play and also that at least 4/5 starters can dunk.....first game is thursday at cpa vs. fairview and then on saturday at livingston academy which i look for cpa to win easy...

I like CPA going away in this disctrict.

David Lipscomb can be a spoiler, lot of depth on DL. They need to play more together as a team than they did last year. They were the least structured DL team I have ever seen.

PC always tough to play.

Be interesting to see what Doc puts together in the post-Robinson era.

1. CPA - Z, Miller, Anderson will be hard to stop all year... and they're juniors.

2. Lipscomb - As you said, they are Lipscomb. J. Simpson, C. Simpson, Webb, Clayton, Hunt- very athletic team.

3. Pearl Cohn - Carter and Mason are a good combination.

4. FRA - A few losses from last year but still have a fairly strong roster. Kennedy is a sharp-shooter.

5. MLK - No Gerald. Possibly a giant killer as District play begins.

6. Hume Fogg - Still have a few players from last year, fight for not last.

7. East Literature - New addition- I saw them at the Belmont Camp and they really didn't show much.

8. Ezell Harding - Same team as last year... unfortunatley.

Ezell may play like the same team as last year, but I saw their play day game against Gordonsville and there is a sophmore guard, who "lit it up". His name is Luke Reed and I was told his older sister is Miriska Reed who dominated at Ezell and Trevecca. he may not take them to the top this year, but the expectations are high. They also had a knee injury to one of their starting guards that looked very serious, I would bet he is out for most if not all of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen anything said about MLK this year. What is up with Doc and the Royals?? I believe they have a good shooter returning and played some young guys last year. Anyone have a report on them??

Certainly Doc has the ability to coach and win. Personel may be young this year though and Gereld has moved on in pretty good fashion. To be fair, MLK has not played yet. They start on Nov. 27 against Brentwood Academy. No matter how young, I would expect them to be athletic and well coached.