Father Ryan

bigbigguy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is definitely true that memphis officiating is not at the level with the rest of TN. Father Ryan hasn't been to memphis since i think about 3 yrs ago when there were some... pretty questionable calls that cost them 1st in the CBHS duals- to put it nicely. and to answer cbq of course the teams that aren't as good will travel to the better schools to get the experience. why would the better teams always travel to wrestle teams that usually, NOT ALWAYS HOWEVER, are not as skilled?

Ill make it a little clearer for ya bud. The officiating in Memphis has been subpar in the past. (P.S. Im trying to be nice)

Yeah, and I've heard and SEEN this going both ways, so saying one side is worse than the other is because you are choosing sides. I can give you plenty of examples where calls were influenced by the local refs. So don't say that one side is worse than the other, because this does nothing by weigh the sport down, and right now we need to be doing thigs to advance the sportAnd the name is not BUD.

In the past CBHS, Germantown, Houston, Kirby, etc... and other Memphis school have attended the Father Ryan invitational. If CBHS and other schools don't travel to FR why should FR travel to Memphis?

Ok, who said none of the teams from the West were not going east this year? Do you know this for a fact, or just speculating?

Ill make it a little clearer for ya bud. The officiating in Memphis has been subpar in the past. (P.S. Im trying to be nice)

I was at the CBHS duals two years ago and cannot remember any close calls that decided the match. It was a good win by CBHS that Father Ryan later avenged at the state duals (with some very questionable middle TN refereeing calls that I remember vividly).

Hmml, probably depends on which side of the bleachers you are on.