CBHS vs Ensworth

wavelax1

CBHS already has a party planed for when they play BA.....

Jester 11 I dont know who you are, but fair warning, you make blanket untrue statements like this, you offend everyone who is associated with the Brothers.

And to refute this point that a party is planned, CBHS has what are called "Victory Dances" every year. These dances are nothing big just a little social event on certain Friday nights. Key word in this all is VICTORY. Who in their right mind guarantees victory against BA (even the year we went to state and beat BA twice in 3weeks we never guaranteed victory against them...as I would say for any program in our division). Secondly those dances are only held TWICE (3 at the most) a year during the REGULAR SEASON against oppents whom victory is inevitable against (no offense but i.e., Ral. Egypt, Craigmont, BCS and so on). So please get your facts correct sir.

trust me I've been around that coaching staff long enough to tell you, when it comes to playoffs its full surface. No more testing the waters. Its time to put up or shut up. Best if luck to both teams, however I wish the Brothers come out on top in this 1st meeting of the two.

Go Brothers!!

Tide Roll!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I certainly didn't mean to cause any bad blood between the two schools. I thought that I was stating the obvious. Having seen Ensworth play MBA, I thought that they were a great team (comparable to an ECS). I just think that they have some things going against them right now like injuries and a road game against a hot, healthy team. I may eat my words, but I doubt it. Let's play ball!

this is going to a very tough game without jeffeson. He is just ones of those players that can do everything for you. I think if he was playing, ensworth wouldnt have been in this position or if they were, they could pull this game off with a W by a decent amount. But since he is not playing i have to say CB by 10 because of all that size and the depth/numbers they have

I think the issue about depth is very important here. Ensworth is a very well coached team with very good athletes, but they are a bit thin on depth. The Jeffereson injury has had a major impact on Ensworth. Similar injuries to Jordan at BA and Crum at MBA have certainly had an adverse effect, but not to the extent of Jefferson's injury on Ensworth. I think this is likely to be a recurring issue for Ensworth due to their planned size (roughly 60 boys per class, if I recall what EHSParent wrote). They'll be good, but injuries will hurt them mnore than they will the bigger schools.

I think the issue about depth is very important here. Ensworth is a very well coached team with very good athletes, but they are a bit thin on depth. The Jeffereson injury has had a major impact on Ensworth. Similar injuries to Jordan at BA and Crum at MBA have certainly had an adverse effect, but not to the extent of Jefferson's injury on Ensworth. I think this is likely to be a recurring issue for Ensworth due to their planned size (roughly 60 boys per class, if I recall what EHSParent wrote). They'll be good, but injuries will hurt them mnore than they will the bigger schools.

I agree with your comments about Jefferson being out (that is a blow to the offense) and the depth issue. I'm not as concerned with the size issue, EHS has played a number of teams that have a size advantage and have managed well. I think Bowers et al has done a great preparing the team all season lang and the players believe they can win. They have over acheive this year, but if CBHS thinks EHS is going to roll over, they will get beat. If some of the posters from CB are a reflection of the players attitudes, an upset is in the making!

Good luck to both teams - can't wait to see the final score.

I dont feel the same about Jefferson being out as the rest of you do. Jefferson will be certainly be missed not only as a player but as a leader on the team but i do not think that Ensworth is going to go down the tubes just because he is not there. Orleans has had more TD's this season than Jefferson and O had more even when Jefferson was playing. Also Rodney Anderson is a force to be reckoned with and i think both players know that the spotlight is on them now and that they need to do work this Friday.

EHS by 4

I dont feel the same about Jefferson being out as the rest of you do. Jefferson will be certainly be missed not only as a player but as a leader on the team but i do not think that Ensworth is going to go down the tubes just because he is not there. Orleans has had more TD's this season than Jefferson and O had more even when Jefferson was playing. Also Rodney Anderson is a force to be reckoned with and i think both players know that the spotlight is on them now and that they need to do work this Friday.

EHS by 4

WOW, EHS is a better offense with Jefferson (and the others)!! Yes, Orleans and Anderson are formidable backs, but you can't take Jefferson out of the mix and think they are a better offense (your right - he will be missed). He not only lined up as TB, but also put pressure on the defense by linging up at QB. They all have diff. running styles which also throughs the defense off. My only point is that w/o Jefferson they don't have the same punch they did with him. For EHS to be successful both Orleans and Anderson will have to have big games. I do agree that EHS will not go down the tubes cause Jeffeson is out, but certainly they are a better offense with him playing. If you disagree with that I would hate to see your fantasy draft picks!

EHS upsets CBHS in a very tight hard hitting game.

WOW, EHS is a better offense with Jefferson (and the others)!! Yes, Orleans and Anderson are formidable backs, but you can't take Jefferson out of the mix and think they are a better offense (your right - he will be missed). He not only lined up as TB, but also put pressure on the defense by linging up at QB. They all have diff. running styles which also throughs the defense off. My only point is that w/o Jefferson they don't have the same punch they did with him. For EHS to be successful both Orleans and Anderson will have to have big games. I do agree that EHS will not go down the tubes cause Jeffeson is out, but certainly they are a better offense with him playing. If you disagree with that I would hate to see your fantasy draft picks!

EHS upsets CBHS in a very tight hard hitting game.

Yes, Jefferson being out is a very definite blow to the team. Already, not a deep team as stated earlier . . . to take perhpas its premier player out can really hurt, especially if Opaku Darkwa or Anderson get injured, too. Don't forget that Jefferson also returned punts for TDs and also played defense, too. It hurts Ensworth, and others will have to play up to their potential for 48 minutes.

Which schools are you referring to as 'big schools' because Brentwood Academy has less than 60 boys in the senior class......With only about 16-17 of them actually playing football.

Or do you mean big schools as in the the better football schools like BA, MBA, and FRHS?

For BA it really doest matter how big the class is, its really more about how much money they can offer in recruiting.