Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'IF' Britton does come there, which I doubt, I will be there for every home game pulling for Oakland! Personally I think he will go to Spring Hill as he and Coach S are fishing buddies as well as being friends. I look for him to be the DC there.

I have no doubt that Britton could do a good job at Oakland, but I think we got enough ex-Riverdale assistants for now. After all, this is Oakland, not Riverdale /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I have no doubt that Britton could do a good job at Oakland, but I think we got enough ex-Riverdale assistants for now. After all, this is Oakland, not Riverdale /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I agree 100% with you, OP. Nothing against Britton, but when you get so many reminders from RHS under one roof then we start to lose the OAKLAND feeling here. THEN you start getting the old R word on everyone' s lips again.

I agree 100% with you, OP. Nothing against Britton, but when you get so many reminders from RHS under one roof then we start to lose the OAKLAND feeling here. THEN you start getting the old R word on everyone' s lips again.

I don't understand why everyone is scared of riverdale?? I'll say it...riverdale, riverdale, riverdale!!!! yeah they have been better than us....alot better over the years. thing is though these "riverdale people" aren't at riverdale anymore!!!!!!! This is sports you want the best players coaches, etc.!!!!!!!!! I don't care who coaches what sport its still Oakland!!!!!!! Riverdale has come close to getting former Oakland people to coach different sports over the years...so what!!!!!!!!! As long as we are the patriots and we wear red white and blue guess what...we are OAKLAND!!!!! I hope the coaches show off there rings to the players too!!!! they should!!!!! I just don't see why people won't jump on board with this new staff!!!! Just because he has riverdale ties???? That's pathetic!!!!! This goes for anyone.......If you don't like it we don't need you!!!!!!!!!!!! No more Building houses metaphors!!!!! FINALLY after the past four years Ooakland can build a heck of a basement!!!!! New blood in the program, young hungry, enthusiastic.......WHAT ELSE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT????????????????????

I don't understand why everyone is scared of riverdale?? I'll say it...riverdale, riverdale, riverdale!!!! yeah they have been better than us....alot better over the years. thing is though these "riverdale people" aren't at riverdale anymore!!!!!!! This is sports you want the best players coaches, etc.!!!!!!!!! I don't care who coaches what sport its still Oakland!!!!!!! Riverdale has come close to getting former Oakland people to coach different sports over the years...so what!!!!!!!!! As long as we are the patriots and we wear red white and blue guess what...we are OAKLAND!!!!! I hope the coaches show off there rings to the players too!!!! they should!!!!! I just don't see why people won't jump on board with this new staff!!!! Just because he has riverdale ties???? That's pathetic!!!!! This goes for anyone.......If you don't like it we don't need you!!!!!!!!!!!! No more Building houses metaphors!!!!! FINALLY after the past four years Ooakland can build a heck of a basement!!!!! New blood in the program, young hungry, enthusiastic.......WHAT ELSE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT????????????????????

Dont have a problem with any of that except your telling me that only Riverdale coaches are qualified to coach at Oakland. In hiring all these guys, he has potentially run off the coaches he probably needed to keep to make a smooth transition. As a staff, Id put Oakland's former staff against anybody, and yet were retaining what, 2 coaches? And only 1 of those had experience as an HC while the other 3 are being left in the cold?

I dont think anyone is scared of Riverdale, I just think there is better way of putting together a staff and a program than filling it up with former riverdale assistants. Say what you want about the former staff, but they were as loyal as any staff your are going to come across.

As for supporting the program, I am not going to look down on McDaniels given what his background is, I have always been for letting the results speak for themselves than talk and gossip. But this isnt going to be a 1 year fix like it was at Moore Co, its going to take time to build a winner at Oakland.

Dont have a problem with any of that except your telling me that only Riverdale coaches are qualified to coach at Oakland. In hiring all these guys, he has potentially run off the coaches he probably needed to keep to make a smooth transition. As a staff, Id put Oakland's former staff against anybody, and yet were retaining what, 2 coaches? And only 1 of those had experience as an HC while the other 3 are being left in the cold?

I dont think anyone is scared of Riverdale, I just think there is better way of putting together a staff and a program than filling it up with former riverdale assistants. Say what you want about the former staff, but they were as loyal as any staff your are going to come across.

As for supporting the program, I am not going to look down on McDaniels given what his background is, I have always been for letting the results speak for themselves than talk and gossip. But this isnt going to be a 1 year fix like it was at Moore Co, its going to take time to build a winner at Oakland.

sorry...we are retaining 3 possibly 4....I haven't heard the final on coach moose..that will make 4. Trust me.....there wasn't a whole lotta smooth in that locker room to begin with!!!!!!! Loyal or not they NEVER got results....and loved that staff but as a whole as a coaching "team" they couldn't put it together. thats all I'm saying. I don't care where any of these guys come from.

BTW I think there were already some riverdale guys on you beloved Oakland staff before the change

The R word I was referring to was not Riverdale....it was RECRUITING and face it when you get that many former RHS folk together we are going to hear that word.....whether they do it or not.

Calm down Magoo. I know you are passionate about this staff and it shows, but you don't need to offend OHS fans like Myself and OP that have stuck by OHS through all the bad times and remained positive towards the school . Let me tell you that We aren't the only folk wanting Oakland to look like Oakland. In fact we are in the majority.

So why then are they keeping any of the old staff if they didn't get any results? Makes no sense to me then.

The only RHS former staffer that I know of that was currently at OHS was Coach Cowan and he was the one who called the Offense this yr . Most I talked to were stunned at that hire.

Let me tell you......if OHS has no use for me as a fan anymore, BGA and Coach U will be happy to take me off your hands. Just let me know now so I can quit wasting my money going to any more of the OHS basketball games this yr BUT they do call me their LUCKY CHARM round KING's COURT.

I plan to be at spring practice to see what is going down at OHS and hopefully will be as Rah Rah as you are.

By results I mean consistant winning.....there were flashes of success i'll be the first to give credit where it is due...but I due feel that the coaches and the players were a little....how do I put this...handcuffed... the players could play with emotion the coaches didn't show alot of emotion...change had to happen....I believe moose was part of riverdale at one time. I don't mean to offend anyone....but at the same time don't offend me with this I want it like it used to be crap!!!! I think that everything will be fine!!!! I'm the one being positive and jumping blindly on board....Isn't that what we should do??? Remain positive...stick by this school??? I am!!! I am also moving forward!!!!! you all should try it