Lenoir City Head Coach Resigns

lcfootball101

We don't have a choice in playing 4A!! Believe me, we know better than anyone that we need to be moved back down but since it's determined on school size, not team size or ability, we have to deal with it. You're right MHS, we wanted a change and we got it, the Head Coach is the ultimate person that has to answer for things but he's got A LOT of assistants that need to go to!!!

Curious as to how close you are to being able to go back down to 3A? I was wanting to think a few years back you guys were going to Austin East and winning ball games and doing well. It didn't seem like your roster was real big for a 4A school. I understand the numbers thing, I just thought maybe you had a shot of going back down. You guys were put in a murderous 4A region to be the new kid on the block. Hope I didn't stick my nose in too much but knowing the family I had to get my two cents in. Hope you find the coach that can help you get it turned around. Losing streaks aren't fun, but I am sure they aren't to the coaches either.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious as to how close you are to being able to go back down to 3A? I was wanting to think a few years back you guys were going to Austin East and winning ball games and doing well. It didn't seem like your roster was real big for a 4A school. I understand the numbers thing, I just thought maybe you had a shot of going back down. You guys were put in a murderous 4A region to be the new kid on the block. Hope I didn't stick my nose in too much but knowing the family I had to get my two cents in. Hope you find the coach that can help you get it turned around. Losing streaks aren't fun, but I am sure they aren't to the coaches either.

Last I saw we were over 1200 students and looks like we will grow next year. I don't really know what the cutoff is but I think we are to far above it.

He resigned as head coach. Does he still intend to stay with his teaching position and track head coach? Anyone know?

Well alot of students have been wondering that two becuase he is about 40% of the students favorite teacher and a good track coach , So he said he really doesnt know his near future at this time. But id think that he will try to find a new job with something to do in football but I mean you never know. Id love to have him stick around tho were his friends could be around him.

*A rare GovMan sighting*

Nick White is quality. He is a young man of character, integrity, and honor. I've known him since he was a kid ... known his family well. Lenoir City High School WILL NOT find another head football coach anywhere who is any better a man than Nick. Our society has become so much about winning and instant gratification, that we're willing to "sell our souls to the devil" if it will produce a "winning program".

You know what? I'd rather my son play on a losing team with a coach who would instill discipline and character and decent behavior and good sportsmanship into his life, then I would for him to play on a state championship team where these qualities were not present. Call me a big wuss if you want, but I want my son to play for coaches who will punish him if they him him cussing. Coaches who'll discipline him if he's trash talking or cheap shotting opponents or breaking the rules. Coaches who can discipline him and get all over his case without having to resort to foul language themselves to do it.

Do I want him to play for a "winner" and to be a "winner"? YES ... ABSOLUTELY YES. But not if it costs him all that is good and decent in life. There will be life after high school sports and it will revolve around lessons learned and examples shown in both winning and losing. In my opinion, Lenoir City High has lost two coaches now in less than a year that are "winners" in life and "winners" in leading young men.

I'm glad that my son plays for a group of basketball coaches who resemble the coach described in the final three sentences in my second paragraph. I hope and pray that Nick and his family will end up eventually in even a better situation than the one he's chosen (?) to leave.

*A rare GovMan sighting*

You know what? I'd rather my son play on a losing team with a coach who would instill discipline and character and decent behavior and good sportsmanship into his life, then I would for him to play on a state championship team where these qualities were not present. Call me a big wuss if you want, but I want my son to play for coaches who will punish him if they him him cussing. Coaches who'll discipline him if he's trash talking or cheap shotting opponents or breaking the rules. Coaches who can discipline him and get all over his case without having to resort to foul language themselves to do it.

That's what we want at LCHS too and haven't had it!!!

That's what we want at LCHS too and haven't had it!!!

I would 2nd that. That is what all the discussion has been about.

"You know what? I'd rather my son play on a losing team with a coach who would instill discipline and character and decent behavior and good sportsmanship into his life, then I would for him to play on a state championship team where these qualities were not present. Call me a big wuss if you want, but I want my son to play for coaches who will punish him if they him him cussing. Coaches who'll discipline him if he's trash talking or cheap shotting opponents or breaking the rules. Coaches who can discipline him and get all over his case without having to resort to foul language themselves to do it."

I heard this same thing from LCHS parents too. One thing I will say at this point, the head coach needs to surround himself with quality people and hold them responsible for their actions because he will be held accountable by everyone.

I played football at Lenoir City this year. Last year to, since this year I am a senior. Coach White may not be the most winningest coach ever, maybe he has some faults, maybe some people don't like him. All I know is that in my many years playing the sport, it was the most fun under this man. He was very disciplined with his players. Even if I go on to play else where, Coach White will always be my favorite. I just hope he can land on his feet and keep going. He is twice the man than anyone on this board.