11/16 Greenbrier at White House

timbdp

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His side isnt crying about a bad call or maybes'.His side won the game and moved on.His side didnt back in to the playoffs thanks to Dekalb,who beat Macon, who beat GB.Hmmmmmmmmmm.Anyway, Josh knows football,Josh beat Gb 4 years in a row[just like everyone else who has played for WH in the last 25 or so years].Josh was a player with heart and integrity who knew what it took to win and play like a champion.Josh doesnt cry about a bad call.Josh doesnt whine about a ref.Josh played football[and very well I might add again].Shhhh did anyone hear that?Gb just polished thier old region champ trophies again.Talk to me again about what GB has done lately Cat.Doesnt look so good now does it /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Tryin' not to laugh, but the GB side is a little testy and a little sensitive.... LOL

As for the game, I really don't believe it will be high scoring. Most GB/ WH games are not. Still believe it will be special teams, field position type of game. Maybe a big play....And here's hoping there are no close calls cause I hate the whining, either side....LOL Nothing says "I am a crybaby" more than blaming a loss on a call.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Tryin' not to laugh, but the GB side is a little testy and a little sensitive.... LOL

As for the game, I really don't believe it will be high scoring. Most GB/ WH games are not. Still believe it will be special teams, field position type of game. Maybe a big play....And here's hoping there are no close calls cause I hate the whining, either side....LOL Nothing says "I am a crybaby" more than blaming a loss on a call.

I'll agree. Calls go both ways. Only if a call absolutely affected a scoring play could an argument possibly be made.

But...

What would you call it when you try to keep your streak argument in tact by saying, "Well, you beat us but you still can't count it as breaking the streak cause we still beat you that year so we get to call it a steak in years instead of just a winning streak so really we can still say you didn't accomplish anything?"...lol Just repeat this out loud and listen to it...LOL Trying to keep GB down by using this approach as your argument is so teenage that it's lame.

Go ask Coach Porter and his staff their opinion of your argument. I'll bet that his class and character will show you a different view than that of those who have to see it this way. Just as Coach Williams will tell you that a bad call didn't lose the last game.

So Josh, Whsports... what years did you both play? You both have state rings? I know, I know... you both beat Greenbrier for 4 years each... that's a given. I'm just curious because it's almost like many of those who post on here comes across as if they were actually on the team that won it that year. Just curious... We can only take pride in our recent region titles and in the fact that our last title was your first year after dropping back down from 4A to 3A, along with Pearl Cohn. How you guys didn't win it all that year, last year, or this year, is beyond me. I guess we were fortunate to get that one.

White House has accomplished huge things in football. You got a state title, you probably have 20+ region titles, you've beaten GB _______________ in a row (fill in the blank here... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) With all of that going for you, you still can't go a week without having to remind everyone what you've accomplished and how you beat them down to do it.

I KNOW DANDY... I KNOW! I'm just being too sensitive...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have read this post out of seeing it constantly on the front page. I sincerely hope the players of both teams are steered away from this board. White House and Greenbrier both have solid teams with long histories. One teams had more losses than the other in recent years and just how does it make your wins bigger to belittle the one with losses? This is nothing more than kicking someone that is down. The words psych came up but you don't even realize this is the only way to fight a faceless bully on a message board. Year in year out you both have good teams. Take your wins and take your losses graciously and be glad you're still in the playoffs.

I'll agree. Calls go both ways. Only if a call absolutely affected a scoring play could an argument possibly be made.

But...

What would you call it when you try to keep your streak argument in tact by saying, "Well, you beat us but you still can't count it as breaking the streak cause we still beat you that year so we get to call it a steak in years instead of just a winning streak so really we can still say you didn't accomplish anything?"...lol Just repeat this out loud and listen to it...LOL Trying to keep GB down by using this approach as your argument is so teenage that it's lame.

Go ask Coach Porter and his staff their opinion of your argument. I'll bet that his class and character will show you a different view than that of those who have to see it this way. Just as Coach Williams will tell you that a bad call didn't lose the last game.

So Josh, Whsports... what years did you play? you both have state rings? I know, I know... you both beat Greenbrier for 4 years each... that's a given. I'm just curious because it seems that everyone who posts on here comes across as if they were on the team that won it that year. We can only take pride in our recent region titles and in the fact that our last title was your first year after dropping back down from 4A to 3A. How you guys didn't win it all that year is beyond me.

White House has accomplished huge things in football. You got a state title, you probably have 20+ region titles, you've beaten GB _______________ in a row (fill in the blank here... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) With all of that going for you, you still can't go a week without having to remind everyone what you've accomplished and how you've done it.

I KNOW DANDY... I KNOW! I'm just being too sensitive...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First of all, it is a SSTTRREETTCCHH to compare a call on the field with what may be some fans interpretation of what a "streak" is.....But what the heck, I'll bite.

What would I call it????? I'd call it a bunch of oversensitive GB fans who are bothered by the losses to WH....LOL.....Who finally win a game, but then lost later in the year....got to grate the nerves, imo, and in that sensitive mode, looks at every penalty, every yard, every play, every call as the reason for a loss.....then agrees with my assessment but feels the need to float an * out there just in case a call affects a scoring play.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Maybe you should repeat to yourself, out loud, listen to it carefully, just how childish (well below a teenager) your comparison was....Obviously, "the streak" is on your mind.

Also, don't know why you would bring our coach, or your coach, into the equation of a "streak"..... Coaches rarely post in this forum...it is normally reserved for passionate fans. But go ahead, it is your right to attempt to read the minds of a coach or two. From observation,both have shown the ability to coach and develop good programs, both seem to have a fair amount of class and character......Both win and lose with humility....Those are easy traits to figure out and no need to guess.....But I will not bring them into a discussion on a fan based board. No reason. As was stated before, a post here has no bearing on a game, just as an opinion as to what is a "streak" has no bearing on either program.

I have read this post out of seeing it constantly on the front page. I sincerely hope the players of both teams are steered away from this board. White House and Greenbrier both have solid teams with long histories. One teams had more losses than the other in recent years and just how does it make your wins bigger to belittle the one with losses? This is nothing more than kicking someone that is down. The words psych came up but you don't even realize this is the only way to fight a faceless bully on a message board. Year in year out you both have good teams. Take your wins and take your losses graciously and be glad you're still in the playoffs.

Kum Ba Ya, Kum Ba ya..... You left out, "can't we all just get along"???? LOL Where have all the manly men gone? Is the overly sensitive taking over?

Sorry, but the players read this stuff. Several I have spoken to believe it is funny, but not taken too seriously. This is a forum that is fun, combative, and several other things....LOL....It is a fan forum....

To all the sensitive, offended, self righteous....... If you do not like what you read, then heres a hint, don't read it. Do not participate. Do not open the thread. Stay away.....

I'm sure if GB wins, some crowing will occur. I'm sure if WH wins, some bragging will happen....So what.

If GB wins, I sincerely hope they keep winning. Would be a good story and good for the region. I know several GB fans, if we are fortunate enough to win, will root for us next week.

But I liked the "faceless bully" line...almost made me shed a tear... (not really) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good luck cats! I would love to see you kick the c*rap of the Devils but it'll be tough at their place. Even if you pull it off, they will pretend it didnt happen. Like bc said on some other threads, you will never find a group of fans more stuck on themselves. They love to live off of their history but they ain't done squat since moving back down to 3a. Greenbrier has more region titles than they do. bdplease............

But...

What would you call it when you try to keep your streak argument in tact by saying, "Well, you beat us but you still can't count it as breaking the streak cause we still beat you that year so we get to call it a steak in years instead of just a winning streak so really we can still say you didn't accomplish anything?"

I call it a fact,plain and simple

So Josh, Whsports... what years did you both play? You both have state rings? I know, I know... you both beat Greenbrier for 4 years each... that's a given.

I played back in the late 80's and early 90's.Josh can answer for himself

White House has accomplished huge things in football. You got a state title, you probably have 20+ region titles, you've beaten GB ______25+_________ in a row (fill in the blank here... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) With all of that going for you, you still can't go a week without having to remind everyone what you've accomplished and how you beat them down to do it.

Its because people like you give us no credit and constantly remind us of the few little things you did while we were gone.I'm sorry but that is like comparing apples to the moon.Just cant do it.If it eats at you so bad about the current streak, well get over it maybe next year you can change it.But wait, were going to be loaded next year /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

:Thats an understatement.Cry me a river and get some cheese for that wine :popcorneater

Good luck cats! I would love to see you kick the c*rap of the Devils but it'll be tough at their place. Even if you pull it off, they will pretend it didnt happen. Like bc said on some other threads, you will never find a group of fans more stuck on themselves. They love to live off of their history but they ain't done squat since moving back down to 3a. Greenbrier has more region titles than they do. bdplease............

BC says someone else is stuck on themselves, wow thats the pot calling the kettle black[personally I would look for a better role model].As far as your history lesson on region titles, go back and check your facts.We were winning region titles in 4a while they were beating Macon and Dekalb down in 3a.And during the time they were winning thier titles, we were still beating them every year, so what does that say for thier titles? It ought to feel pretty hollow and empty.You could only win them when WH and Pearl were gone.Sad, sad, sad

But you can be sure of one thing after all the talk this week.If GB was to win the game, we will find a bad call to blame it on.Its what we learned in Coach T class this week from our friends at GB. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

First of all, it is a SSTTRREETTCCHH to compare a call on the field with what may be some fans interpretation of what a "streak" is.....But what the heck, I'll bite.

Also, don't know why you would bring our coach, or your coach, into the equation of a "streak"..... Coaches rarely post in this forum...it is normally reserved for passionate fans. But go ahead, it is your right to attempt to read the minds of a coach or two. From observation,both have shown the ability to coach and develop good programs, both seem to have a fair amount of class and character......Both win and lose with humility....Those are easy traits to figure out and no need to guess.....But I will not bring them into a discussion on a fan based board. No reason. As was stated before, a post here has no bearing on a game, just as an opinion as to what is a "streak" has no bearing on either program.

Just to clear this up.....

First, there was no comparison made between a call on the field and the interpretation. The comparison was made with what you referred to as being a "crybaby". You say falling back on a bad call is being a crybaby... I say trying to convince everyone that you still have some kind of streak is just as childish. (it's like what was posted before... if GB were to win this one, the argument would be something like, "well it's still a streak cause we've still never lost to you on a Friday when the moon phase was the first day before the first quarter."..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Akin to... " I did not have sexual relations with that woman " Right.... keep convincing yourself.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Second, I mention both coaches for just the reasons you mention. I'm not reading their minds... I'm reading their actions and the things they say. Both are class acts. What really got me was when you said, "both win and lose with HUMILITY". I know you had to go look that word up..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You may want to switch over to emotional or touchy now... I think you've used "sensitive" 10 times in your last 5 posts..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ya'll take it easy on us..........