Oneida @ Hampton

Bulldogs#1

Torrey did have a very minor fracture to his fibula but the bad news is a probable torn & possible ruptured ACL. Tough as nails though, he was back an the sideline before the game ended. However that is as close to the action as he will get. As for the offense, Tyler Blevins is a good kid & he has talent. He also knows the offense well as is evident by him leading the offense to 27 points tonight, but he has a HUGE task ahead of him being asked to take the lead in only 1 week & then to start his first game vs Hampton @ Hampton in round 2 of the playoffs. . . . .no pressure there huh. As for the injury it came @ the end of a long run on the first Oneida possession of the game. It was a legal & clean open field tackle from behind. Just one of those things that you can't prevent but you hate to see happen. Please keep him in your prayers. Football is Torrey's passion & he was really wanting another shot @ the dogs. That's just his nature, he is a true competitor. When he isn't successful @ something he doesn't shy away he starts looking for his next chance. After all isn't that what's so special about a high school athlete. Best wishes & lets hope this is the last post of it's kind for a long time to come for all of our schools.

i'm sure everyone in hampton feels very sympathetic for the guy. football is our passion up here in these hills, but we are good sportsmen. God bless man, hope your recovery is quick and everything gets back to normal soon.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, that would be childish and inmature. I don't claim to know the future and I;m glad I can;t. All Ihave to go by is the past ,things thats already happened this season. Oneida beat Coalfield 20 to 13, could have easily lost, had 230 total yards in 4 quarters. Hampton Had nearly 400 yards in the 1st half and the score was 42 to 0. We both played Unaka, you scored 2 tds in the 4th quater to make it 27 to 0. Hampton scored 40 and the jvs were playing in the 4 quarter. You can even look at the Cloudland and Harriman game, Harriman beats them by 11, Oneida beats Harriman by 7. That would put Oneida beating Cloudland by 18. Hampton had Cloudland 35 to 7 at Halftime. Its not disrespect as you choose to call it, its evidence and its really the only thing any of us has to go by. All games are different and it wouldn't be one of the 7 wonders of the world if Oneida were to keep it close or even ,pull out a win. It would be a pretty big upset.

so with your way of thinking Hampton is the only team that got better as the season went forward, Oneida has been stuck at the same level of play. UT beat Miis st, bama beat UT So Bama Had no problen with Miis st. Oh !!! If you think Hampton will win Then you think Hampton will win, don't try to rationalize that thought with week 3 stats, Maybe Hampton will roll straight threw the state. Face It y'all thought you would beat Oneida 40 -0 and when that did not happen you have been upset ever since. No one knows what Friday holds for US I know we will see a game. I never understood why some people confuse scattered thought as logic.

so with your way of thinking Hampton is the only team that got better as the season went forward, Oneida has been stuck at the same level of play. UT beat Miis st, bama beat UT So Bama Had no problen with Miis st. Oh !!! If you think Hampton will win Then you think Hampton will win, don't try to rationalize that thought with week 3 stats, Maybe Hampton will roll straight threw the state. Face It y'all thought you would beat Oneida 40 -0 and when that did not happen you have been upset ever since. No one knows what Friday holds for US I know we will see a game. I never understood why some people confuse scattered thought as logic.

Pay attention, notice I used 3 different scenarios, the last 2 being played last week.

Okay, you're the second person to post on here that wants to read something into nothing. You seem to think Pujo was putting you down. Where does he say you guys have not improved. Show me one place or quit making things up as you go. Either you can read his mind or your own mind is making it up. Which is it cleatless??

Okay, you're the second person to post on here that wants to read something into nothing. You seem to think Pujo was putting you down. Where does he say you guys have not improved. Show me one place or quit making things up as you go. Either you can read his mind or your own mind is making it up. Which is it cleatless??

It doesnt matter what you say, compliment them and they think you are putting them dowm. I too have said both teams have improved, I just don;t think they have improved to Hamptons level. Proof is in the pudding, and the pudding will be served Friday night.

It doesnt matter what you say, compliment them and they think you are putting them dowm. I too have said both teams have improved, I just don;t think they have improved to Hamptons level. Proof is in the pudding, and the pudding will be served Friday night.

I think he trying to make us think that we just cant beat them again because Oneida is much more motivated than Hampton because we only beat them by 2 points in week 2. I think we should just let them think that, and let our dogs see if they can prove them wrong. All this talk is just that "TALK" . I am around these boys all the time, and they are not going to let week 2 happen again ( THEY HAVE LEARNED FROM THERE MISTAKES ) . Its all about "TEAM WORK"

I hope Hampton is'nt overlooking anyone cause it just gets tougher each week from here on through.My guess is Oneida will be ready even without their starting qb,just like hampton they have alot of pride and will probably put up a tough fight,they're not just going to rollover for anybody.I'M guessing If hampton stays focused they should win by atleast 20. GOOD LUCK DOGS.

pujo i think your bulldogs are going to be scorched by the indian tribe

And you could very well be right,and if and when it happens ,I'll be just as proud of them as I was before the game. And you are 1 of the very few who thinks this. Most people who keeps up with this knows Hampton should win.