Oneida @ Hampton

Bulldogs#1

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont post a lot anymore(mostly cause im too lazy lol), but it seems to me that both of these teams(coaches and players) have worked really hard to get here obviouslyso hats off to them. I can promise you oneida is a classy team with a lot of respect for hampton.They go by pride, class, and character. Trust me they know the task they have at hand is going to be a hard one. I would just like to congrat both teams and coaches for making it this far. I know there are a lot of other teams that would like to be playing this friday night.

Pujo, you seem like a class act yourself. I agree with you these kids put a lot of work in this and ill be proud of oneida win lose or draw. The coaches also put a lot of time in. Both staffs are good and well respected through the state.

Mosty its parents or just fans that get on here and talk smack, not the kids. The players know they have a job to do friday night and they are the only ones that can do it. Not mom or dad or uncle Tom.

Kaz long time no see ol pal.

So good luck to oneida and play hard..Leave EVERYTHING on the field and have no regrets. Hope both teams are injury free. Everyone have a safe trip.

Good luck to Coach BIG CHIEF Lambert!

1ST do you even whatch football.2ND have you not heard any body talk about sp if not you must be HIBERNATING or something. YOU DO NOT NO WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT

yea i have heard of S. Pitt on 3 different occasions. 1st time- they came up to Roan Mountain ,which is about 10 miles from Hampton, in 2001 in the 4th round of the playoffs and Cloudland beat them either 46-6 or 46-0. 2nd time- last year everyone was talking about how they would glide to a state championship. but guess what, they ran into gordonsville and gordonsville beat their brains in. 3rd time- this year everyone is saying the same stuff as they did last year. if they can run through the gauntlet of the teams in region 4 then hampton might have to worry about them. but i haven't seen them beat FCS or Gordonsville yet...

Mosty its parents or just fans that get on here and talk smack, not the kids. The players know they have a job to do friday night and they are the only ones that can do it. Not mom or dad or uncle Tom.

i agree with that. I (as people have been saying) may be overlooking Oneida but I am 100% sure that the players are not. I honestly don't know of a single player from Hampton who gets on here and posts...

I think before Oneida lost their QB this MAY have been a close game , but without your starter at that position regardless of how much you throw the ball its hard to beat a team the caliber of Hampton. I might be there friday to pull for a fellow region team and a fine bunch of coaches up there in Hampton. Hey pujo , keep the cold weather out of there and save me a place to stand.

bigtime.......man, where ya been? Would you do me a favor and tell BC to watch himself......I have a tendency to get a little concerned about him from time to time. I know when your eyes are fixated on the prize, you sometimes forget to breathe and everything goes haywire inside. He has done all he can, and tell him to smell the rose instead of clipping the thorns.

W or L, the Oneida Fans are quite happy with this coaching staff. Wright is very professional and his offensive players are starting to grasp some of the fine points of the system because of him. I would expect that to only get better next season because the OC is a nice fit. Brewster will have a whole truckload of big, hungry kids to decide what to do with in the off-season. You know what, I think they actually enjoy playing for him. Burchfield still has his foot in just about everything, I've noticed him and Robert are working together throughout ballgames to get the right pieces on the field. Stephens is a little unsung coach that actually contributes heavily to the team. (does he ever sleep?) Playing college football can't hurt. Matthews is just a down to earth Hog. I'm sure he doesn't hesitate to get down in a stance and relish a demonstration or two. Then there is the Big Enchilada (Lambert)! There is no question the boys have bought what it is he is selling. (who wouldn't!) As much as his players are beginning to believe in him, he believes in himself! I honestly think he feels he can accomplish something productive in a room with no doors. I wouldn't bet against him!

Pujo, your a good guy. I can't say I have any respect for LV, but you call it much straighter than most. Do I know the odds are stacked against my crew......yes. But, I also know you can't put a guage on the human element. We are all in many ways infallible, we just choose to ignore it. I guess that is the wave I'm going to ride in on. Maybe my logic isn't sound....call me an idiot if you will, but Oneida made mistakes in the first game too. It wasn't as if the Bulldogs came here and deliberately tried to keep the score down. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It looked to me as if the Indians had something to do with their "poor" play. Pujo is the only guy up there that can see the rational in what I am saying, whether its right or wrong. On paper Hampton advances, but last time I checked, they play on grass. There are some variables that weren't in the first meeting, that are there now for Oneida. (of course losing Tory kinda ruins that a little bit) Blevins should do just fine if he plays within himself. I really think this game will be good.......we'll see!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

bigtime.......man, where ya been? Would you do me a favor and tell BC to watch himself......I have a tendency to get a little concerned about him from time to time. I know when your eyes are fixated on the prize, you sometimes forget to breathe and everything goes haywire inside. He has done all he can, and tell him to smell the rose instead of clipping the thorns.

W or L, the Oneida Fans are quite happy with this coaching staff. Wright is very professional and his offensive players are starting to grasp some of the fine points of the system because of him. I would expect that to only get better next season because the OC is a nice fit. Brewster will have a whole truckload of big, hungry kids to decide what to do with in the off-season. You know what, I think they actually enjoy playing for him. Burchfield still has his foot in just about everything, I've noticed him and Robert are working together throughout ballgames to get the right pieces on the field. Stephens is a little unsung coach that actually contributes heavily to the team. (does he ever sleep?) Playing college football can't hurt. Matthews is just a down to earth Hog. I'm sure he doesn't hesitate to get down in a stance and relish a demonstration or two. Then there is the Big Enchilada (Lambert)! There is no question the boys have bought what it is he is selling. (who wouldn't!) As much as his players are beginning to believe in him, he believes in himself! I honestly think he feels he can accomplish something productive in a room with no doors. I wouldn't bet against him!

Pujo, your a good guy. I can't say I have any respect for LV, but you call it much straighter than most. Do I know the odds are stacked against my crew......yes. But, I also know you can't put a guage on the human element. We are all in many ways infallible, we just choose to ignore it. I guess that is the wave I'm going to ride in on. Maybe my logic isn't sound....call me an idiot if you will, but Oneida made mistakes in the first game too. It wasn't as if the Bulldogs came here and deliberately tried to keep the score down. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It looked to me as if the Indians had something to do with their "poor" play. Pujo is the only guy up there that can see the rational in what I am saying, whether its right or wrong. On paper Hampton advances, but last time I checked, they play on grass. There are some variables that weren't in the first meeting, that are there now for Oneida. (of course losing Tory kinda ruins that a little bit) Blevins should do just fine if he plays within himself. I really think this game will be good.......we'll see!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!Guys win or lose friday night you are all champions in my book as well as many others...Lets just go lay it all out Friday night and you will prevail!!!!

yea i have heard of S. Pitt on 3 different occasions. 1st time- they came up to Roan Mountain ,which is about 10 miles from Hampton, in 2001 in the 4th round of the playoffs and Cloudland beat them either 46-6 or 46-0. 2nd time- last year everyone was talking about how they would glide to a state championship. but guess what, they ran into gordonsville and gordonsville beat their brains in. 3rd time- this year everyone is saying the same stuff as they did last year. if they can run through the gauntlet of the teams in region 4 then hampton might have to worry about them. but i haven't seen them beat FCS or Gordonsville yet...

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Vador, One game at a time. keep those boys focused.

i think it'll come to a shafer kick at the end of the game sounds dramatic but it was this close last time why not this time, and the defense for oneida looks really strong with the woodard brother's out there

onedia 17

hampton 14 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

cause TL aint letting anybody score more than 3 TD's on him anytime soon