Greeneville Vs. Volunteer

DevilFan77

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, a very dangerous opponent coming into Burley stadium Friday night. Gave the Devils all they wanted in the regular season. It was a very hard fought victory.

I was disappointed in the turnout on Friday night at Burley Stadium also, I thought the place would be jumping. I know it was fairly cold and a little cold rain fell but a blanket and an umbrella or poncho would take care of that. Of course everyone could have gone to Fatz at halftime and enjoyed the rest of the evening. It was good to see the startes get some rest and let the reserves play some.

Devils have got to take care of the football and not make mental mistakes, I believe they have the upper hand but it is not gonna be easy at all I don't believe. One week at a time Greeneville, one week at a time. Work hard, play hard and get it done!

We played Volunteer i believe like week 6 or 7...We have come a long way since then and I believe it's the devils game to lose...I believe the devils have the upper hand for many reasons...Weve already beat the falcons once this season, its at home(thats a biggy), and just because i believe the devils are a stronger team...but goodluck to the falcons it shld be a good rematch... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The game earlier in the season was a very good high school football game! The 2 turnovers we gave up in the 4th quarter was the difference in the game. Not to say thats what won it for the Devils but I sure would have liked to seen the outcome of that game without the turnovers and a possible OT game. I like the Falcons in this game because of the momentum they got behind them, they don't have the record as everyone else does in 4A playoffs but these young men have alot of heart and talent. Their on a mission and coming to play I hope for an injury free and mistake free game and let the best team win.

In my opinion, a very dangerous opponent coming into Burley stadium Friday night. Gave the Devils all they wanted in the regular season. It was a very hard fought victory.

I was disappointed in the turnout on Friday night at Burley Stadium also, I thought the place would be jumping. I know it was fairly cold and a little cold rain fell but a blanket and an umbrella or poncho would take care of that. Of course everyone could have gone to Fatz at halftime and enjoyed the rest of the evening. It was good to see the startes get some rest and let the reserves play some.

Devils have got to take care of the football and not make mental mistakes, I believe they have the upper hand but it is not gonna be easy at all I don't believe. One week at a time Greeneville, one week at a time. Work hard, play hard and get it done!

THS said they had the upperhand as well! If you went to their thread you would have thought we shouldn't have been there. Their coach was asking our coaching staff about tips for you guys next week. It's nice to come here and see that the Falcons are getting some of the credit they deserve (but not all). It should be a very exciting game to watch so we'll see you guys on Friday night.

"GO FALCONS"

THS said they had the upperhand as well! If you went to their thread you would have thought we shouldn't have been there. Their coach was asking our coaching staff about tips for you guys next week. It's nice to come here and see that the Falcons are getting some of the credit they deserve (but not all). It should be a very exciting game to watch so we'll see you guys on Friday night.

"GO FALCONS"

Can't give you too much credit Pops, we did beat you after all...even if it was a nail biter to the end. Greeneville was fortunate to snag those turnovers late. It seems our D has really come through for us when we needed it.

I hope Greeneway and his receivers can keep it going this week @ Burley. They had an amazing night Friday...gotta keep it going.

Greeneville by 11

It looks to me as if everyone is picking their team,not uncommon, even more so when volunteer is coming off two big wins and then Greeneville coming of a beating to Sullivan East. The falcons from watching them play only a few times, a couple early in the season and then this past week at Tennessee High have came a long way the D is playing VERY strong and the O line is blocking their butts off giving Keith all the time in to world and then giving running lanes for who it might be at the time at running back. If volunteer can play with the passion they did at Tennessee High and minus the few mistakes they had with the snaps then they will put them selfs in a great position to win the game and make it past the devils to meet the winner of Rebels and the Trojans with that said let worry about the Devils first. There is no over looking the devils it is already shown that they are a very good football team but its also hard to beat a football team twice.. So i think if you liked the game during the regular season you might want to make the long crazy trip from Church Hill or Hawkins County to Greeneville to watch what is shaping up to be another shoot out till the last play of the game! Being a past falcon and a falcon faithful I'm calling my falcons at the end no prediction but it will be close.

GO FALCONS!

-Ed Smith

One last thing I Need bragging rights on Eric Tilson who is in the next room over at the dorm ha ha

It looks to me as if everyone is picking their team,not uncommon, even more so when volunteer is coming off two big wins and then Greeneville coming of a beating to Sullivan East. The falcons from watching them play only a few times, a couple early in the season and then this past week at Tennessee High have came a long way the D is playing VERY strong and the O line is blocking their butts off giving Keith all the time in to world and then giving running lanes for who it might be at the time at running back. If volunteer can play with the passion they did at Tennessee High and minus the few mistakes they had with the snaps then they will put them selfs in a great position to win the game and make it past the devils to meet the winner of Rebels and the Trojans with that said let worry about the Devils first. There is no over looking the devils it is already shown that they are a very good football team but its also hard to beat a football team twice.. So i think if you liked the game during the regular season you might want to make the long crazy trip from Church Hill or Hawkins County to Greeneville to watch what is shaping up to be another shoot out till the last play of the game! Being a past falcon and a falcon faithful I'm calling my falcons at the end no prediction but it will be close.

GO FALCONS!

-Ed Smith

One last thing I Need bragging rights on Eric Tilson who is in the next room over at the dorm ha ha

i say tilson gets the bragging rights...plus how much did u guys beat cherokee by...???...

GO FALCONS!

-Ed Smith

Haha call him Tilly poo, It is an inside joke he will laugh. Theres no way Tilson bragged about the last time they played. That game was ugly.