Greenbrier 13 McMinn Central 10

painter

I don't get on here much and I'm not sure what was said last night either. My son is #10 for Central last night was the last game he will ever play for them. He did fracture an ankle first quarter and had to watch most of the game from side line. The reason I am posting is in response to the Greenbrier boys being rude.When the boys were shaking hands after the game #84 and the Ziggler kid both hugged my son and told him that it was a victory but it wasn't the same since he didn't play. Laddies and gentlemen that is first class I do not care who you are or where you are. For those two excellant athletes to say that at a time when my son was feeling so bad that was excellant and my hat off to your team ,coaches , school and community good luck with White House and once again thank from a proud Charger father.

I hate to see any player not be able to fnish their last game in the senior year. One side is always going to have a team of seniors that lose, and have the heartbreak of knowing it's over. But there is just something about standing on the sidelines and not being to contribute to your team until the whistle blows. Sorry to hear of his fractured ankle. Those ache for quite a while. I hope your son recovers quickly.

Zack Ziegler and #84 Bryan May are great kids that have good parental upbringing so its just bred in them. Of course they are athletic playmakers too. (Zieglers dad was a UT All-American. ) Since many of you were quick to offer prayer when you read that Ziegler may not play due to injury, I hope I'm not stepping over the line by saying this but May could also use your prayers for his mom who is battling cancer. He is a tough kid with a big heart as is Zack.

Hopefully we'll meet up again next year IN Greenbrier.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get on here much and I'm not sure what was said last night either. My son is #10 for Central last night was the last game he will ever play for them. He did fracture an ankle first quarter and had to watch most of the game from side line. The reason I am posting is in response to the Greenbrier boys being rude.When the boys were shaking hands after the game #84 and the Ziggler kid both hugged my son and told him that it was a victory but it wasn't the same since he didn't play. Laddies and gentlemen that is first class I do not care who you are or where you are. For those two excellant athletes to say that at a time when my son was feeling so bad that was excellant and my hat off to your team ,coaches , school and community good luck with White House and once again thank from a proud Charger father.

Slack... tough news about your son. That's a hard way to go out. I had two sons that played a couple years back and I couldn't count the number of prayers that I said waiting to see them get up after a play. It's a dangerous game. Good luck with the ankle. Just remind your son that he was a part of something really special in what his team accomplished throughout the year. He'll always have that.

Thanks for passing on the info about the Bobcat players and your comments about the program. With all the stuff that fans throw around on here, these type things don't get mentioned like they should.

I am bewildered by what I have read on here. " Volnation" posted comments about the best team not winning, our "narley"(correct spelling, gnarley) "GreenbriAr men", and that our young men were rude and then said for us to go back to the woods. This person is supposed to be an educator, but uses profanity on-line. She also believes that it is all about her because, by golly if she (or her husband) wants to shake one of our players hands, he should stop eating and celebrating with his friends and family and acknowledge her. I am also appalled at the post where Cat Fan thinks that you may live in Greenbrier but "aint" from Greenbrier. GIVE ME A BREAK! 5-sportdad is a great man, husband and father. His wife is a beautifull person, inside and out (believe it, volnation). I read and re-read the thread that was shut down, and believe it had to be because of volnation's cursing and name calling. Never once did I see 5-sport stoop down to that level. He may have mocked volnation, but if you can't take it, DON'T dish it out! Good luck to the Greenbrier Bobcats next Friday, may the BEST team win, safely and fairly. God Bless them and the White House Blue Devils. WHEW, I am worn out.

Good job to the young lads from Mcminn on a great season.

I to would like to congragulate Greenbrier. Region 4a was just what I was afraid of, a step above. The good new is that Region 3a is up and coming. I know you will see pretty much the same team you scene of Friday night next year. Good Luck Greenbrier you had some big kids and you did what it took to win.

I would also like to say Thanks for the fun season Chargers, we are proud of you. The good news is our basketball programs are second to none. Can't wait until all the programs are on the map.

I was wondering how strong our region was and it was answered Friday night. Central (#1 in District) vs #4 Greenbrier and loses. Polk gets hammered and also the #2 team Howard gets hammered. Maybe it is me but I am thinking our district is very weak? Not to take away from some of Central's players (Slack,,ect...) but I just think our region and district are very weak and this proves my point.

I hope the best for GREENBRIER and wish them to go far.. I talked to few of the parents and they were very nice.

I was wondering how strong our region was and it was answered Friday night. Central (#1 in District) vs #4 Greenbrier and loses. Polk gets hammered and also the #2 team Howard gets hammered. Maybe it is me but I am thinking our district is very weak? Not to take away from some of Central's players (Slack,,ect...) but I just think our region and district are very weak and this proves my point.

I hope the best for GREENBRIER and wish them to go far.. I talked to few of the parents and they were very nice.

I talked to a buddy of mine that grew up the Greenbrier area, pretty close anyway, and he told me that they were not far from having to move up to the next division. Is this true?

J. Slack,

I am back,

First let me say that I am not the least bit happy about you getting on the Polk thread and running your mouth like your going to have a talk with me the next time you see me. Also bragging on the Central thread to volnation that "I owe Lanning a good talking to if ya know what I mean". Well, what do you mean? If you think you intimidate me by getting on this board and "calling me out" youre a bigger fool than I thought. I am not hiding behind my computer if so you wouldn't have known who I was. I have let my identity be known from the start. If YOU really wanted to go straight to the source as you said, you could have called me on the phone personally (the number is in the book) but you are the one that posted this so everyone could see it on this board and now people that don't even know me have the impression of someone I am not. They are judging me on what you said J. Slack and you do not even know me personally; you have said you knew me from playing softball. Lets see I played for thirteen years, nope sorry don't remember hitting it by you when you were pitching in a game or two at Delano or Athens. As for you having a talk with me, I think someone offered you my cell number last Thursday night at Central so you could be a real man as you say and call me but you replied "that is not what I really meant it sounded worse than what I intended". If you didn't mean it, you could have edited it or deleted it. However you then go to the Central thread and make your comment to volnation.

I have never said anything bad about your son! I spoke the truth and if you or him can't handle that then sorry. I did not say he was "run of the mill" so if your going to quote me get it right! I said "Slack is a great kid but kids with his ability are a dime a dozen all over the country" which is the truth. If that hurt his feelings I am sorry but having played college baseball and pro softball I can promise him that coach's at that level don't really care about hurting his feeling so my advice to him is grow a thicker skin or he will never make it in college. Another comment I made was a reply to some one talking about the camp in California that you sent Ryan too and I said, "those camps and showcases do not mean you're a Division 1 prospect, kids get those letters and if your parents are willing to pay the money then you get to go its all about making money" as an example when I coached baseball all I had to do is send a letter to a D1 school and say I had a kid that would benefit from their camp and guess what the kid would get a letter saying you have been personally invited to our baseball camp because your a prospect. In fact you should be prouder of the fact that he has a 3.65 GPA and a 27 on his ACT. That will get him further in life than his athletic ability.

The next thing you questioned was about the job I do and how I influence my students. J. SLACK you know nothing about what I do and how I deal with kids. I try to motivate and build character in every student. I want them to be good citizens that can contribute to society after they get out of school no matter if they go to college or join the workforce. As for our athletes I expect more from them than I do the others since they represent my school that is why I strongly believe in being a disciplinarian in the classroom and on the field. So keep your mouth closed about the job I do and how I influence kids because you are clueless!! I have never said anything on this board to hurt a kid and you will not find a post where I have done so.

As for your requesting an apology, I will not apologize for something I have not done. I am sorry to hear about your sons ankle. I wish him the best and congrats to him and Central on a great year!

Mr. Lanning

Way to go, Green! I didn't get to make it to the game Friday night, but I will for sure be at the game Friday night. I was so glad to hear the final score! It sure seems like a long time when you're wondering what's going on. You boys know you're in our thoughts. Have a great week of practice, patch the holes, build a wall, and blockers, open so tunnels! Lets make this a big one. Play hard!

I talked to a buddy of mine that grew up the Greenbrier area, pretty close anyway, and he told me that they were not far from having to move up to the next division. Is this true?

From what I hear the school enrollment number is, we'd have to gain about 100-125 kids to move up. I don't think that will happen by 2009, the next re-classification.

Region 4-121

Region 3-25

Way to go, Green! I didn't get to make it to the game Friday night, but I will for sure be at the game Friday night. I was so glad to hear the final score! It sure seems like a long time when you're wondering what's going on. You boys know you're in our thoughts. Have a great week of practice, patch the holes, build a wall, and blockers, open so tunnels! Lets make this a big one. Play hard!

From what I hear the school enrollment number is, we'd have to gain about 100-125 kids to move up. I don't think that will happen by 2009, the next re-classification.

Thank You for your reply, I wish that we could dress as many players that were on yours. It looked nice.