Greenbrier 13 McMinn Central 10

painter

GB at midfield with 2 minutes left and you guys with 3 timeouts left, then 3 personal fouls in a row and now their inside the 10. If you hold them and make them punt you have a chance to tie or win. I hate to tell you but yes discipline had alot to do with it.

I thought you were out of town for the game!! If you were there, you would have seen what was happening and would not be making the statements about descipline. This game was well played by both teams and was hard fought. Yes, Central has had their moments, and YES the coaches are/were addressing the issues and will continue to work on improving in this area. I really don't remember but 1 PF, and that was a double PF between one of Central's best natured kids, #50 AND from what I have read, one of GB's best natured kids #71. Please let it rest for a year and see if things are better next year after Central's kids have time to grow and get better. I have faith the coaches will concentrate on being more desciplined next year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% with your opinions about 5-Sport Dad. He a good man, great father and a loyal Greenbrier fan. Nobody supports the Bobcats more than he does. I am not from Greenbrier, but know this man from the many sports his daughter plays. A very talented athlete. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I read the post my self!! and volnation did not curse she was cursed at and called names by 5sportdad! and that's the truth . The way he talked to her is no way a man should ever talk to a female. ok, so volnation may have said some things out of spirit for her team but she did NOT curse or use any foul language at all. You all have started this and I'm worn out with it. Why don't you get a life! Leave people alone and stop the personal attacks it's not nice of "so called" men, which i have to question.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ok,, what the heck is the about? AM I missing something? ?????????????

stupid is what i call it....and he should pat himself on the back /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I read the post my self!! and volnation did not curse she was cursed at and called names by 5sportdad! and that's the truth . The way he talked to her is no way a man should ever talk to a female. ok, so volnation may have said some things out of spirit for her team but she did NOT curse or use any foul language at all. You all have started this and I'm worn out with it. Why don't you get a life! Leave people alone and stop the personal attacks it's not nice of "so called" men, which i have to question.

Look, I'm not here to argue. The scoreboard is off, and the game is over. BUT if you read back through all those posts and be unbiased and realistic, you will see all Greenbrier read last week is big predictions and a lot of talk last week about how the Chargers were going to "whoop" us, roll, and every other scenario, along with personal arguments going on between what seemed like all of Region 3. I read all the posts, and if you read any smack coming from Greenbrier it was from fans of teams that have played us at some point and knows the strengths of our team. We didn't throw out any comments about coming down there to roll or anything like that. So your anger is misdirected. WE didn't start anything. As far as the posts between 5Sport, I do believe he is a good man that got a little fed up. Volnation got upset that our boys didn't shake her hand, and the two met on this board and clashed. It was an argument between TWO people, not all of Greenbrier. I don't want anyone harboring bad feelings towards our school for a football game where one team walks away feeling good and the other team walks away feeling bad or angry because the object is for someone to win, and this time it happened to be us. We don't have a "rivalry" for Central to develop some kind of hatred for us. It was one game. It shouldn't diminish the pride you should feel as Region Champions or your great season. I wish Central ( finally got it right) the best of luck next year.

Hey, you got beat, end of story. Go home and lick your wounds and try to get better. Volnation posts were more inflamatory than most. Try and mimic what you witnessed when you played Greenbrier, it might help your football program. And volnation is a teacher, hmmmm interesting /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Look, I'm not here to argue. The scoreboard is off, and the game is over. BUT if you read back through all those posts and be unbiased and realistic, you will see all Greenbrier read last week is big predictions and a lot of talk last week about how the Chargers were going to "whoop" us, roll, and every other scenario, along with personal arguments going on between what seemed like all of Region 3. I read all the posts, and if you read any smack coming from Greenbrier it was from fans of teams that have played us at some point and knows the strengths of our team. We didn't throw out any comments about coming down there to roll or anything like that. So your anger is misdirected. WE didn't start anything. As far as the posts between 5Sport, I do believe he is a good man that got a little fed up. Volnation got upset that our boys didn't shake her hand, and the two met on this board and clashed. It was an argument between TWO people, not all of Greenbrier. I don't want anyone harboring bad feelings towards our school for a football game where one team walks away feeling good and the other team walks away feeling bad or angry because the object is for someone to win, and this time it happened to be us. We don't have a "rivalry" for Central to develop some kind of hatred for us. It was one game. It shouldn't diminish the pride you should feel as Region Champions or your great season. I wish Central ( finally got it right) the best of luck next year.

I would like to say,and this is not taking sides at all.But i sat on Greenbrier's side,not to support them but just to watch a football game.When i got there centrals side was full and Greenbriers wasn't.But i must admit it filled up quicky, right before the game.You'all really brought a big following.Just was a little late getting there.But with that being said i talked to some of the fans around me and they were some nice people.Never did i here them bad mouthing or even running their mouths at all.They new where i was from and treated me with great respect.One guy came up to where we were at half time and just talked football.All i really seen was fans that really backed their team.Thats what high school football is all about.I was really inpressed.If some of you remember me and where i'm from,i would love to play you'all in the 1st round next year,it would be a honor.I just hope you have to travel here.Since its a 3 hour drive.Good luck against White House.

I would like to say,and this is not taking sides at all.But i sat on Greenbrier's side,not to support them but just to watch a football game.When i got there centrals side was full and Greenbriers wasn't.But i must admit it filled up quicky, right before the game.You'all really brought a big following.Just was a little late getting there.But with that being said i talked to some of the fans around me and they were some nice people.Never did i here them bad mouthing or even running their mouths at all.They new where i was from and treated me with great respect.One guy came up to where we were at half time and just talked football.All i really seen was fans that really backed their team.Thats what high school football is all about.I was really inpressed.If some of you remember me and where i'm from,i would love to play you'all in the 1st round next year,it would be a honor.I just hope you have to travel here.Since its a 3 hour drive.Good luck against White House.

Thanks. Classy post......

Thanks for the post, rednation. I think anybody in Greenbrier would admit nobody's perfect and that everyone has a trigger that gets a bad reaction sometime. That's evidenced in the personal foul on the field by one of our best natured and well liked players. However, I do think that one of the main things Greenbrier coaches/teachers tries to stress is sportmanship and class on and off the field. Because many of the fathers of these young men also attended Greenbrier and played for Greenbrier, they also have that teaching. Our own principal once was a player and then a GHS coach so it's drilled into these kids every day. Of course, there are so exceptions to the rule...in every school.

And you're right, we follow these kids. I am always amazed at how the fans come that don't have a player, or their player has graduated and gone on, and they still come. Football just gets in your blood, but in a small town like ours, it is like one of our players had said in the paper...it's like a big family.

Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you. Maybe next year. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I am embarassed about the way some have posted in this posting. We got beat and that is that... I wish Greenbrier the best and they are some very nice people that I met also at the game from there. I did see our people handle the lost like losers and not proud of the kids.. I for one have been outspoken on some of the issues of this team this year but hey,, they made it to the first round of the state. I just hope that the coach will get a handle on his problem players next year before it does get out of hand.. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="