PREPXTRA Rankings (KNS)

ETNBB

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like somebody got some sour grapes for Christmas. Are you basing your whole opinion on a close game with WB? You don't say who you think is better than Farragut and should be in the top 10 instead. They are 13-3 with only losses being to top tier teams in the State. They are ranked 11 in the strength+success for AAA and beat the best team in NE Tennessee, Dobyns-Bennett, by 19. Bearden, Fulton and Farragut were clearly the best teams at the super 16. Carter, Loudon and the rest of the teams were not very impressive. Carter barely beat Morristown East in OT where Farragut crushed them. Cocke County has been really up and down and has not looked like a top ten team and Cathloic hasn't really beaten anybody good. William Blount is probably better than this group of teams and may have a case for being #10. South Dyle and Karns have also looked good at times this year.

Not sure why the "sour grapes" line. I'm not trying to make any case for WB to be in any top 10 or trying to attack Farragut ... I'm just stating my opinion. Maybe Farragut does belong in the area top 10 ... for that matter, maybe WB does. But simply from a AAA perspective, don't know enough this year about AA teams yet ...

There is Oak Ridge, Maryville, and Bearden. Everyone else around Knoxville area (AAA) is on a different tier. This is my opinion. Write it down, check me at the end of the season ... see if I'm right or wrong then. Just from what I know from summer and last year, I'd probably put Fulton and AE (AA) in this upper tier as well. Have not seen Anderson County play.

I'm certainly not anti-Farragut. Coach Dodgen is one of my all-time favorite coaches. But I don't think they are on the same level as the above-mentioned teams this year. Hey, let then knock off OR Thursday night then come on here and tell me what an idiot I am. It won't be the first time somebody's proven that !!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not sure why the "sour grapes" line. I'm not trying to make any case for WB to be in any top 10 or trying to attack Farragut ... I'm just stating my opinion. Maybe Farragut does belong in the area top 10 ... for that matter, maybe WB does. But simply from a AAA perspective, don't know enough this year about AA teams yet ...

There is Oak Ridge, Maryville, and Bearden. Everyone else around Knoxville area (AAA) is on a different tier. This is my opinion. Write it down, check me at the end of the season ... see if I'm right or wrong then. Just from what I know from summer and last year, I'd probably put Fulton and AE (AA) in this upper tier as well. Have not seen Anderson County play.

I'm certainly not anti-Farragut. Coach Dodgen is one of my all-time favorite coaches. But I don't think they are on the same level as the above-mentioned teams this year. Hey, let then knock off OR Thursday night then come on here and tell me what an idiot I am. It won't be the first time somebody's proven that !!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This is different from your original statement of "Farragut is not a top 10 team in East Tennessee." They are probably not playing at the same level as Bearden, Oak Ridge, and Fulton at the moment because they seem to be playing to tight. They only lost to Maryville by 3 and they beat Fulton 3 times in spring ball so they have the potential and talent but the players will need to find a way on their own to relax and play with more confidence, defensive intensity for the whole game, block out and rebound, and attack the basket on offense. It will be interesting to see if they can pull it together and play with the upper tier teams by the end of the season. But hey why not start with Oak Ridge on Thursday....

After watching the Super 16, no AA schools should be listed ahead of any AAA schools except for Fulton. AE is also in there because they always compete. Carter had destroyed almost all the teams they had played coming into the Super 16 and they were loosing by 30 at halftime to Bearden. The size difference and overall competition in AAA is much better than AA. My Ten

1. Bearden

2. Maryville

3. Oak Ridge

4. Fulton

5. Austin East

6. Farragut

7. Powell

8. Anderson County

9. Carter

10. William Blount

After watching the Super 16, no AA schools should be listed ahead of any AAA schools except for Fulton. AE is also in there because they always compete. Carter had destroyed almost all the teams they had played coming into the Super 16 and they were loosing by 30 at halftime to Bearden. The size difference and overall competition in AAA is much better than AA. My Ten

1. Bearden

2. Maryville

3. Oak Ridge

4. Fulton

5. Austin East

6. Farragut

7. Powell

8. Anderson County

9. Carter

10. William Blount

I agree with 1-6. After watching Powell at the Pilot tourney, I would definately rank Anderson County higher. With the exception of Jason Seymore, Powell is average at best and should have lost to an average Catholic team (that made 3 STUPID plays in the last 30 seconds to lose at the buzzer) and was blown out by Cocke County. Seymore carries that team and they would probably be the 5th place team if they were in the other district. I would also probably flip flop WB and Carter until Carter shows some consistent level of play.

I agree with 1-6. After watching Powell at the Pilot tourney, I would definately rank Anderson County higher. With the exception of Jason Seymore, Powell is average at best and should have lost to an average Catholic team (that made 3 STUPID plays in the last 30 seconds to lose at the buzzer) and was blown out by Cocke County. Seymore carries that team and they would probably be the 5th place team if they were in the other district. I would also probably flip flop WB and Carter until Carter shows some consistent level of play.

Irish I agree with everything you said except for flip-flop of Carter and WB. Carter had a bad stretch against AE, Alcoa, and Rutledge but has bounced back to beat some good teams and is playing solid ball. They also beat Anderson County 73-57 earlier in the season along with Karns and Halls in the Gibbs tourn. Carter has been playing solid basketball except for the Bearden game where they were just out classed. Carter had to play without two double-digit scorers against Morristown East but won in ot.

I agree totally about Powell. Without that Seymore kid, they would not be able to compete. But, I guess some teams need to have a guy to carry them, however if he ever has an off night it will be hard for them to win IMO.

Irish I agree with everything you said except for flip-flop of Carter and WB. Carter had a bad stretch against AE, Alcoa, and Rutledge but has bounced back to beat some good teams and is playing solid ball. They also beat Anderson County 73-57 earlier in the season along with Karns and Halls in the Gibbs tourn. Carter has been playing solid basketball except for the Bearden game where they were just out classed. Carter had to play without two double-digit scorers against Morristown East but won in ot.

I agree totally about Powell. Without that Seymore kid, they would not be able to compete. But, I guess some teams need to have a guy to carry them, however if he ever has an off night it will be hard for them to win IMO.

Powell played poorly in the Catholic Tournament. They should not have lost to Cocke County, although CC is not a bad club. Personally, I thought that Powell was the team that made the mistakes at the end of the Catholic game, like shooting a three while up two inside the last minute and then committing an intentional foul. Seymore just made a great play at the buzzer. Seymore does carry Powell sometimes but there are other capable players on that team. Powell has not gotten to 12-2 behind only one player.

Knoxville Basketball looks good this year. Seem to have more good teams this year than in years past.

1. Bearden

2. Maryville

3. Oak Ridge

4. Austin East

5. Fulton

6. Farragut

7. Anderson County

8. Powell

9. William Blount

10. Carter

South Doyle and Karns are close behind.

Bearden to me seems to be a team that could come home with a Gold Ball at the end of the year if they keep playing like they are right now. Douglas is back for Maryville now so it will be interesting to see the Match-up of those two teams when they meet again.

Knoxville Basketball looks good this year. Seem to have more good teams this year than in years past.

1. Bearden

2. Maryville

3. Oak Ridge

4. Austin East

5. Fulton

6. Farragut

7. Anderson County

8. Powell

9. William Blount

10. Carter

South Doyle and Karns are close behind.

Bearden to me seems to be a team that could come home with a Gold Ball at the end of the year if they keep playing like they are right now. Douglas is back for Maryville now so it will be interesting to see the Match-up of those two teams when they meet again.

At this point I still have to rank OR and Maryville ahead of Bearden. I know Bearden is loaded, but they have a loss to a short-handed Maryville team (no Douglas). You may be right, as the season pans out Bearden may run the table, but for now I'm keeping them at 3rd.

I'm still not sold on Farragut, but as somebody said earlier in this thread, I may be putting to much emphasis on the one game I saw them play at William Blount. Obviously, they've got some quality wins and have competed well with both Maryville and OR. Sixth in the knoxpreps area may be valid KnoxBall.

Blount goes to Bearden this Tuesday. Hope it doesn't get "too ugly." WB will have some huge match-up problems I'm afraid. I promise though, Coach Baumann will get maximum effort out of them. They'll play hard.