south doyle

notright

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would they be leaving? didn't south-doyle just have the best season they've had in several years?

Thats right Sneaky. Sounds like the Clinton situation spilling over to South Knoxville. I thought the same a bit unlucky not winning the Clinton game. Huge win over Central no one picked that. Gave our Red Devils all we wanted two weeks ago. I think the the programs moving in the right direction. Overall Region 3-4A their wasn't a easy game accept for one. I see SD climbing above Clinton & Central next year.

why would they be leaving? didn't south-doyle just have the best season they've had in several years?

There is a small group of alleged supporters of the program who are on a witch hunt to run off some of the coaches, the athletic director, the waterboy, equipment manager, and who knows else in that program. That group has resorted to trying to find reasons that don't exist to point fingers. I had one call and flat out lie to me to try to get a tape of an interview I did with a S-D official looking for something to take out of context to "use" as ammunition to aid their weak cause.

Some people just don't understand how difficult it is to build a program in region 3-4A. It takes years to get to the level of being competitive.

S.D. is coming off of the most competitive season in recent years. Why would there be a coaching change? I am amazed that a few malcontents get things stirred up when a coaching staff can't work miracles, don't play the right players, kiss up to the booster club etc.. I am not familiar with the situation at S.D. except to say that they had a good year by their standards and with some stability and GOOD PLAYERS the teams will perform better in the years to come.

Coaches prepare the players but players have to make plays. In some cases the other teams players are better. Here is a good measuring stick. G.Q. at Maryville is considered by many the best High School Football Coach in Tennessee. How many games would he and his staff won in they Coached S.D.? Would they have a 55 game winning streak, would they have won 5 State Championships in a row. "NO" Certainly G.Q. is a very good coach. But he would be the first tell you that he is blessed with very good talent, great community support, and a few transfers. now and then.

If the parents will let the kids play, coaches coach, and support the program when the talent is there S.D. will win. Face it South, Young, South Young, Doyle, or South Doyle has never experienced a great deal of success on the grid iron. Can anyone tell me about any power house teams from any of these schools in the last 25 years, 30 years, 40 years, etc...

In my opinion a public school Coach should only be removed from his Coaching Position for the following reasons: Profanity/Verbal Abuse, Physical abuse, Inappropriate relations with a student, mis-use of funds.

I think what he means is that this was probably the best talent SD has had or will have a for a long time and 4-6 was the end result.

I don't agree with that at all. S-D did have some talent, but i've seen more talented S-D teams. Early 2000s teams with Harper and that group were more talented than what i've seen them put on the field since. The past couple of S-D teams had some good skill position players, but they sorely lacked talent in the line, and i'm not talking about just size, but talented size.

I'm just not sure that fan expectations on the south side of the river are realistic.

I think what he means is that this was probably the best talent SD has had or will have a for a long time and 4-6 was the end result.

I hope South-Doyle fans gets what they deserve (I know it is only a few of them) but they are the ones that are making the noise. You have one of the best coaches around but you want someone who will play your kid even if your kid is not very good. This is high school all kids do not get to play. Go and get another one like the last one you had because this is what you deserve. For the South-Doyle fans who want a good program speak up for your coaches and let them know you are with them.

Htv excellent post. Region 3-4A is a tough a region as there is anywhere top to bottom. When your starting QB Mitchell breaks a arm and is out for 5 or 6 games that doesn't help and you lose your #1 tailback Wilcox before the season even gets under way thats two big hits. Can't blame coaching for that. I can say this Halls beat you guys 70-13 two years ago and this year you came within a frogs hair of a big upset. Give it some time. The talent looks to be there to compete if everyone rallies around the program and doesn't cause any roadblocks.

I have been doing some research and have found a few interesting stats. Other than Maryville and Powell, SD scored more points on every opponent this season. They also lost 1 game to an opponent who did not make the playoffs (Clinton) and closed the gap on Halls. The team has improved steadily for four straight years in the toughest 4A region in the state, and averages over 360 yards a game this season. Sounds like a coaching change is needed here? IF so, I hope Jon Gruden or David Cutcliff are available for SD to hire /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I have been doing some research and have found a few interesting stats. Other than Maryville and Powell, SD scored more points on every opponent this season. They also lost 1 game to an opponent who did not make the playoffs (Clinton) and closed the gap on Halls. The team has improved steadily for four straight years in the toughest 4A region in the state, and averages over 360 yards a game this season. Sounds like a coaching change is needed here? IF so, I hope Jon Gruden or David Cutcliff are available for SD to hire /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Still wouldn't be a good enough Coach if they didn't play the right kids or stink up to the booster club!