Grundy County

Guest orange

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Grundy County well. Unfortunately, if you are putting all of your hopes on Coach Swafford, you will be sadly disappointed. It's too bad that whoever made this hire didn't look into his history. It's all there. Not only is he a terrible role model for the kids, he will make a laughingstock of your school. That's what he did at South Doyle, where he was eventually fired. For the sake of your team, I hope his stay in Grundy County isn't long.

I wish Grundy County well. Unfortunately, if you are putting all of your hopes on Coach Swafford, you will be sadly disappointed. It's too bad that whoever made this hire didn't look into his history. It's all there. Not only is he a terrible role model for the kids, he will make a laughingstock of your school. That's what he did at South Doyle, where he was eventually fired. For the sake of your team, I hope his stay in Grundy County isn't long.

Buddy, you hit the nail square on the head.

I have know Coach Swafford & his entire family for years, he is a fine football coach, I wish he was at Bledsoe County that is for sure, I would love for my sons & nephews to play for him. He will make Grundy Co. a respectable football team, & they will play hard, smash mouth ( 1980's Bledsoe County football) that is a promise...... There will not be a easy win to be had for opponents with Jim there I can promise you...Good luck Coach Swafford up at Grundy, We will be up to watch a game or 2 ole buddy......... BCW

Sounds like the people that know Coach Swafford best are 100% behind him and that there are a few people from the Knoxville area that have some hard feelings. I have looked up the records from South Doyle and it seems as if he turned that program around and had them on a winning track. He took them to the playoffs just like he did a team from Stewart Co. Also, I looked up some records from before and after he was at both places and they were losing before he got there and after he left. Maybe there is some jealousy in the air because people could not do what he did. I also talked to a friend of mine from the Knoxville area and apparently there were some admin changes after Coach Swafford was there for a couple of years and he got caught up in a political situation with the administration needing to hire an old buddy or two. Guess no one has ever heard about that before huh? I have still not had the chance to talk to Coach Swafford, but everyone out here is really excited and thinks we are on the right track. I am looking forward to the season and for those of you that want to "bad mouth" people on here, GET A LIFE and get out and support your own programs and leave us up here on our mountain ALONE!

Sounds like the people that know Coach Swafford best are 100% behind him and that there are a few people from the Knoxville area that have some hard feelings. I have looked up the records from South Doyle and it seems as if he turned that program around and had them on a winning track. He took them to the playoffs just like he did a team from Stewart Co. Also, I looked up some records from before and after he was at both places and they were losing before he got there and after he left. Maybe there is some jealousy in the air because people could not do what he did. I also talked to a friend of mine from the Knoxville area and apparently there were some admin changes after Coach Swafford was there for a couple of years and he got caught up in a political situation with the administration needing to hire an old buddy or two. Guess no one has ever heard about that before huh? I have still not had the chance to talk to Coach Swafford, but everyone out here is really excited and thinks we are on the right track. I am looking forward to the season and for those of you that want to "bad mouth" people on here, GET A LIFE and get out and support your own programs and leave us up here on our mountain ALONE!

You are wrong. There certainly isn't any jealousy involved where I am concerned. I'm not sure what records you are referring to, but he inherited a talented team at South Doyle. Any Coach who stepped into that situation should have had moderate success with that group of kids. If you looked at the seasons following their departure, you certainly couldn't say 'he turned the program around'. There was nothing political about his departure. The incident that caused his firing was the final straw in a long list of issues regarding his behavior. To my knowledge, the present football coach who replaced him wasn't a buddy of anyone in the past or present administration. I think those that are posting here regarding Coach Swafford feel like the parents of Grundy County players deserve a heads up. I'm not sure where he has been the last couple of years. The last I had heard, he had been in North or South Carolina but abruptly left both his teaching position and coaching job without another job. That sounds odd to me, given his track record. Like I said in a previous post, I wish your team well. As a parent, I think the parent's of GC players should go into this with their eyes wide open. Perhaps it's a good thing he hasn't kept any job long.

95 8-2 (region champs)

96 5-5

97 5-5

98 4-6

99 o fer

2000 (Swaffy era) what was their record ?

2001 8-2 (lost in first round to McMinn Co.

2002 What was their record?

I think he had 1 winning record at S.D.

You are wrong. There certainly isn't any jealousy involved where I am concerned. I'm not sure what records you are referring to, but he inherited a talented team at South Doyle. Any Coach who stepped into that situation should have had moderate success with that group of kids. If you looked at the seasons following their departure, you certainly couldn't say 'he turned the program around'. There was nothing political about his departure. The incident that caused his firing was the final straw in a long list of issues regarding his behavior. To my knowledge, the present football coach who replaced him wasn't a buddy of anyone in the past or present administration. I think those that are posting here regarding Coach Swafford feel like the parents of Grundy County players deserve a heads up. I'm not sure where he has been the last couple of years. The last I had heard, he had been in North or South Carolina but abruptly left both his teaching position and coaching job without another job. That sounds odd to me, given his track record. Like I said in a previous post, I wish your team well. As a parent, I think the parent's of GC players should go into this with their eyes wide open. Perhaps it's a good thing he hasn't kept any job long.

Relax. My first impression of him is he is going to have a hard time finding football players. So whats that tell you ?

Relax. My first impression of him is he is going to have a hard time finding football players. So whats that tell you ?

Maybe he needs to change his shampoo to Head and Shoulders rather than use the other leading brand; afterall, You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Did he have dandruff?

bledsoe co. warrior,

You may want your sons/nephews to play for Swafford, but you better keep your eyes wide open. He hit a kid at South Doyle, not a rumor just a fact. Better check his history at Stuart Co. and South doyle and find out WHY HE LEFT THOSE TWO PLACES.

2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollar...don't let him go there!!!