Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jefferson County could play South Doyle every night ...... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

JCHS 15 18 17 15 - 65

SD 8 8 11 9 - 36

JEFFERSON COUNTY (65) - Haley Nelson 18, Laura Potts 10, Taylor Brooks 8, Whitney Kyle 8, Lauren Lyke 5, Lacy Miller 4, Dezarae Huff 2, Katisha Mattison 4, Jordan Batey 3, Chelsea Whiteside 2, Raven Wheeler 1.

SOUTH DOYLE (36) - Galyon 12, Newman 12, Lowe 6, Gibson 5, Wooliver 2.

Knox News story on the Greeneville/Webb game makes it sound like a typical Crumbley game. Webb was missing their point guard, and so that might have made it an easier win for Webb. Anyone from Greeneville want to talk about it? Is Nicole completely recovered?

Looks like Cherokee won easily, and Mo East looks like it had a good tussle with Campbell County.

I think the home teams win Friday, but that wasn't so true a year ago.

Knox News story on the Greeneville/Webb game makes it sound like a typical Crumbley game. Webb was missing their point guard, and so that might have made it an easier win for Webb. Anyone from Greeneville want to talk about it? Is Nicole completely recovered?

Looks like Cherokee won easily, and Mo East looks like it had a good tussle with Campbell County.

I think the home teams win Friday, but that wasn't so true a year ago.

Webb was missing their point gaurd and that made it an easier win for them? You want to clarify that statement?

Sorry, I thought the way I phrased it implied that if the point guard had played, Webb would have had an easier time winning. Reading back over it, I can see where I wasn't as clear as I should have been. Probably a case of the brain getting ahead of the fingers.

Sorry, I thought the way I phrased it implied that if the point guard had played, Webb would have had an easier time winning. Reading back over it, I can see where I wasn't as clear as I should have been. Probably a case of the brain getting ahead of the fingers.

Or fingers ahead of the brain /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So what did you exactly mean by a typical Crumbley game?

With or without their starting point guard Greeneville still would have had a shot. I don't think that them missing one player would have made the ball game any different. Especially if you have an all American on your team. For those who went to the game can say that. The two teams on the floor had to diffent gears. I personally don't think that Webb hustled at all. Greeneville had a good game plan and played with a team that no one probably though would even be close.

Look for Greeneville to dominate conference again and continue on their winning ways.

As far as this Friday night I would go with Greeneville over cocke county. Until teams in the IMAC step up and play man instead of a zone then I don't see anyone else stopping Greeneville. Greeneville played three tough games to begin the season that gave them an opportunity to measure themselves. Look for the young players to continue to improve. By season end Greeneville will be hard to stop.

So what did you exactly mean by a typical Crumbley game?

A tough hardnosed defense holding a very good team in check. Ball control/tempo control on offense. Give yourself a shot to win.

Webb is really thin this year, so Goswitz (sp?) being out would mess up thier rotation, and force an inexperienced player to play more that Webb would like them to play. Jessica has run point for Webb since she was in 8th grade, so I firmly believe that her being out would have a big impact on the game, and was likely instrumental in Webb's lack of hustle as you stated. I think it will be interesting to watch this year how Webb does, and how Glory plays, now that she is signed. Some would think she would be more relaxed, another opinion would be that she would be less intense because of the future. Two schools of thought, it will be interesting to watch. It is also hard to judge, because Glory does so many outstanding things with a lot less effort than it takes most other players to do, that she appears sometimes to be not into the game.

Thanks for the information. I would have liked to have gone and watched that game, but was being a fan somewhere else. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Saw West play Campbell County last night. I was really impressed with the Smith girl. She can fill it up, and doesn't force her shot. I am hoping that that being on a foreign court tonight causes her problems.

Jefferson County is going to have their hands full tonight. TrotterCoach was right in an early post... West can supply the conference with guards. They are all very athletic, and quick. West suited up 9 last night, but only played 8. Tonights game could come down to depth, and the quality of it. I say Jeff County in a close one.

I haven't seen Cherokee or East, but based on who they have played, and how they have faired, I think Cherokee wins tonight.

Greeneville is almost impossible to beat in GreenEVILle. I don't think Cocke County can pull off mission impossible tonight. If the rotation was flipped, Cocke would have a shot tonight, and maybe even a shot later on at GreenEVILle, but I think it is too early for Cocke to go on the road to GreenEVILle and win. And I know, Cocke played them tough all three meeting last year.

Let the IMAC games begin! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />