Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if everyone could post a holiday recap of the IMAC teams they saw over the holidays. Conference play resumes in 6 days!

One quick note: Our IMAC refs did nothing to improve their standing in the eyes of the rest of the state this past week in Greeneville. I heard several conversations among non IMAC fans about the quality of the officiating. Most of it negative.

More later, I am trying to recover from travel lag to Greeneville and to Bearden to watch some boys play. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They got their money. That was all that seemed to matter. All that ever matters with them. It's the good Ole Buddy network. Take care of your friends and let them work all of the time don't dare try and let some new blood in this area. These guys are horrible and that's being kind. If I was these teams coming from far away or next door for that matter I wouldn't ever come back to the classic if that was the best they could get. Loved the Classic it was exciting just seeing all of the games but the refs put a BIG damper on it. It's not a job I would want but if you're going to do it give it your best don't just collect a check. I set with several different fans and they were all upset.

I agree with you lastlap.

Jeff County got better as the Ladies Classic went on. Maybe they can get out of their slump and win a few ball games. As far as the rest of the season I see Greeneville continuing on their winning ways. Both Morristown teams will be tuff at their place, but no one in the conference has any post players that can stop Greeneville's. The guards of Greeneville have to continue to improve. By tournament time they will have plenty of experience and will be ready for anything. I see Morristown West finishing second followed by Morristown East. Then Cherokee finishing in fourth. Followed by cocke county in fifth. Jeff County will close out the bottom finishing sixth.

It would be nice if everyone could post a holiday recap of the IMAC teams they saw over the holidays. Conference play resumes in 6 days!

One quick note: Our IMAC refs did nothing to improve their standing in the eyes of the rest of the state this past week in Greeneville. I heard several conversations among non IMAC fans about the quality of the officiating. Most of it negative.

More later, I am trying to recover from travel lag to Greeneville and to Bearden to watch some boys play. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cherokee played three games in the Daniel Boone challenge. They carried leads deep into the third quarter of all three games. Ended up losing big to Mitchell County, NC, lost by a few to Daniel Boone, and withstood a comeback effort by Unicoi COunty to hang on for a 7 point win.

Jeff County went 2-2 at the Greene Bank Tournament, losing to a very talented Briarcrest team, and to Memphis Central, and beating Chuckey Doak and North Greene. I actually thought their best game was the loss to Memphis Central. They did get better as the tournament went along, but the talent level of the opposition tapered off also.

They are still finding themselves, although I think they found out some things last week. Dez Huff seems to be lifting her game up, and the team is getting better contributions from several players. They still have too many trips on the offensive end go without a shot being taken, or a rushed shot before the offense even has a chance to be run through. Defensively, they are doing better, but help defense still needs improving. Rebounding seems to be getting better, as Jeff County out rebounded a bigger, quicker Memphis Central team.

Greeneville had it's weakness at guard exposed by teams that could hold their own against the Greeneville post players. They should have lost the Ft Mary game, as Ft Mary missed several key free throws in crunch time. And not to beat a dead horse, but they got the benefit of every questionable call in that game to rally back for the win. I think they are still the class of the IMAC, but there is going to be nights like Thursday when Nicole is having an off shooting night, and Greeneville can't overcome it. They still play the hardest defense in the conference, and that will carry them most nights. Upperman beat them because of Dyer's presence and the fact that Upperman has two very good guards who are quick to the basket, and can hit the three.

I watched the Greeneville / South Greene game, and speculated that if the Dye girl played for Greeneville, Greeneville might be a top 5 team. Despite thier shortcomings, Greeneville still should be the Region 1 winner. Of what I have seen, Tenn High is too one dimensional, and Science Hill is not consistent enough. I have not seen Sull South or Daniel Boone.

Cocke County went 3-0 at the Pilot Classic at Catholic last week.

They beat Catholic by 20, then beat Southeast Whitfield from Dalton, Georgia by 31 less than 12 hours later. On Saturday, they beat Fulton by 4.

Obviously not against the best competition - Catholic & Fulton are both under .500 - but, the team really showed signs of coming out of their slump.

They ran the ball and didnt play the halfcourt game.

Depew regained her shot and averaged a double-double in each game. Buda got on track and was a force and started to take the game over.

O'Neil also made an adjustment to the starting lineup and rotation and the amount of minutes and that seemed to pay dividends as well.

Standings into Friday's games:

Greeneville 3-0

Morristown East 3-1

Cherokee 2-2

Morristown West 1-2

Cocke County 1-3

Jefferson County 1-3

Remaining Games

1/4

Jefferson County @ Cocke County

Morristrown West @ Cherokee

Morristown East @ Greeneville