Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

1/15

Greeneville @ Cherokee

Cocke County @ Morristown West

(Jefferson County/Morristown East off)

I like Greeneville and Cocke County tonight.

It will be interesting to see who steps up to replace Goins' points at West. My bet is on Fanney.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standings into Friday....

Greeneville 6-0

Morristown East 4-3

Cherokee 3-4

Jefferson County 3-4

Cocke County 3-4

Morristown West 1-5

If Cocke County beats East on Friday, then they will be tied for second with the Lady Canes, along with the winner of the Cherokee/Jefferson County game.

Morristown West - with two remaining against Greeneville appears to have sewn up the sixth seed.

1/18

Jefferson County @ Cherokee

Morristown East @ Cocke County

Greeneville @ Morristown West

1/25

Cherokee @ Cocke County

Jefferson County @ Greeneville

Morristown West @ Morristown East

2/1

Cocke County @ Jefferson County

Cherokee @ Morristown West

Greeneville @ Morristown East

2/9

Morristown West @ Greeneville

Wow guys...had to search to the middle of the second page!

Stat - no comments about Cherokee/Greeneville?

Big Friday night tomorrow. What does everyone think?

Sorry Raider,

Can't complain about Lady Chief effort. Played very close first three quarters. Actually led by one after three, but went through a stretch starting fourth where they turned the ball over several times. Greenville makes people pay when they make mistakes, and this time was no different.

Chiefs held Dixon to about 12....most of those came in the first two minutes and last 2 minutes of the game. Chiefs put the game in Greenville's guards hands and it worked until they experienced the turnovers.

Still say they are beatable in Region 1.

Sorry Raider,

Can't complain about Lady Chief effort. Played very close first three quarters. Actually led by one after three, but went through a stretch starting fourth where they turned the ball over several times. Greenville makes people pay when they make mistakes, and this time was no different.

Chiefs held Dixon to about 12....most of those came in the first two minutes and last 2 minutes of the game. Chiefs put the game in Greenville's guards hands and it worked until they experienced the turnovers.

Still say they are beatable in Region 1.

The Lady Chiefs did have a good effort and their 3-point shooter had some great shots to fall. They are really good at taking it backdoor at the post position as well. However, I don't think anyone from Cherokee held Nicole Dickson to anything. Her defense wasn't quite what it usually is and she got herself in foul trouble and held herself back since she sat out most of the 2nd quarter. I am always amazed at how everyone underestimates the guards at Greeneville. Statman stated that they "put the game in Greeneville's guards' hands and it worked..." Statman, were you watching the same game I was? Shipley (GUARD), Kelley (GUARD/FWD) and McIntyre (GUARD) had 10, 12, and 8 points each. Those are some pretty good hands to be putting the ball in. Greeneville is more talented across the board than anyone knows and it has really helped take alot of the pressure off of Nicole knowing she doesn't have to carry the team all the time. This team is just that -- A TEAM -- and barring any major/multiple injuries, they won't lose in Region 1. GO LADY DEVILS!

The Lady Chiefs did have a good effort and their 3-point shooter had some great shots to fall. They are really good at taking it backdoor at the post position as well. However, I don't think anyone from Cherokee held Nicole Dickson to anything. Her defense wasn't quite what it usually is and she got herself in foul trouble and held herself back since she sat out most of the 2nd quarter. I am always amazed at how everyone underestimates the guards at Greeneville. Statman stated that they "put the game in Greeneville's guards' hands and it worked..." Statman, were you watching the same game I was? Shipley (GUARD), Kelley (GUARD/FWD) and McIntyre (GUARD) had 10, 12, and 8 points each. Those are some pretty good hands to be putting the ball in. Greeneville is more talented across the board than anyone knows and it has really helped take alot of the pressure off of Nicole knowing she doesn't have to carry the team all the time. This team is just that -- A TEAM -- and barring any major/multiple injuries, they won't lose in Region 1. GO LADY DEVILS!

No offense to the guards. I did intend to mention Shipley. She came in and busted a couple threes early that really hurt Cherokee's game plan. No doubt the guards at Gville are fine players and don'thave to back up to anyone else in the IMAC, but there is also no doubt that Dixon is the premeire player on that team.

Also, you do a good job of making my earlier point. The points did come from the Gville guards and the result was a close game compared to the game at Gville earlier in the season.

Good luck in Regions.

No offense to the guards. I did intend to mention Shipley. She came in and busted a couple threes early that really hurt Cherokee's game plan. No doubt the guards at Gville are fine players and don'thave to back up to anyone else in the IMAC, but there is also no doubt that Dixon is the premeire player on that team.

Also, you do a good job of making my earlier point. The points did come from the Gville guards and the result was a close game compared to the game at Gville earlier in the season.

Good luck in Regions.

No offense taken. It just seems to be a theme that is running through the entire IMAC thread when Greeneville is mentioned. I agree that Nicole is a wonderful player. Many of the plays for the last year or so have been engineered around her and for her to score so that is why you may consider her the premier player. I think you will come to see over the next couple of years that one player does not a successful team make in Greeneville.

The coaching staff is starting to see that some of the other younger players can perform at an extremely high level as well and are trusting them with more responsibility. Those of us who have followed these girls from the rec league and through middle school already know what they are capable of and it's good to see them finally given the opportunity to produce at the high school level. As their confidence levels grow, I think you will continue to see balanced scoring from the Greeneville squad. Ramsey, Kelley and Shipley have played together since they were 6 years old and they know each other's thoughts most of the time. Nicole was always a year ahead of them but they have played with her for a long time as well. McIntyre and Collins are simply awesome and seldom recognized. This team is so strong all around and has great chemistry.

I think you may have missed the point I was trying to make. No one shut Nicole down defensively. She shut herself down with a rare bad night on defense and not getting into position which brought about some silly fouls. (some questionable but the quality of the IMAC refs should have it's own thread -- they are horrible this year across the board!) But if that was Cherokee's game plan to take Nicole out of the picture and give it to the guards, it didn't work. The margins were a little closer than we would have liked but I think you will see that continue to grow as the younger players continue to grow in their confidence. When other teams focus on shutting down 1 or 2, there are always going to be 1 or 2 more to fill their slots seamlessly. This can only bode well for the Lady Devils.

No offense taken. It just seems to be a theme that is running through the entire IMAC thread when Greeneville is mentioned. I agree that Nicole is a wonderful player. Many of the plays for the last year or so have been engineered around her and for her to score so that is why you may consider her the premier player. I think you will come to see over the next couple of years that one player does not a successful team make in Greeneville.

The coaching staff is starting to see that some of the other younger players can perform at an extremely high level as well and are trusting them with more responsibility. Those of us who have followed these girls from the rec league and through middle school already know what they are capable of and it's good to see them finally given the opportunity to produce at the high school level. As their confidence levels grow, I think you will continue to see balanced scoring from the Greeneville squad. Ramsey, Kelley and Shipley have played together since they were 6 years old and they know each other's thoughts most of the time. Nicole was always a year ahead of them but they have played with her for a long time as well. McIntyre and Collins are simply awesome and seldom recognized. This team is so strong all around and has great chemistry.

I think you may have missed the point I was trying to make. No one shut Nicole down defensively. She shut herself down with a rare bad night on defense and not getting into position which brought about some silly fouls. (some questionable but the quality of the IMAC refs should have it's own thread -- they are horrible this year across the board!) But if that was Cherokee's game plan to take Nicole out of the picture and give it to the guards, it didn't work. The margins were a little closer than we would have liked but I think you will see that continue to grow as the younger players continue to grow in their confidence. When other teams focus on shutting down 1 or 2, there are always going to be 1 or 2 more to fill their slots seamlessly. This can only bode well for the Lady Devils.

I think the game plan of the team's have been to shut down Nicole and Rachel. Why not? Nicole is capable of getting 30 a night if she's not taken care of defensively and Rachel will get 10-15 on most nights.

Take your chances to defend those two and let someone else beat you is the gameplan a lot of coaches go to just out of default.

Cocke County's two against them, game one Dickson scored 28 (23 in the first half)....they did a better job defensively on her in the second half, but McIntyre hit two big shots and Shipley hit another one - accounting for 9 of the 12-point margin of victory.

Last Friday, Dickson didnt have her best night shooting, but got her usual points (17?) then McIntyre hit a big shot and Kelley scored 15, with two big baskets that made their lead go from 4 to 8 in a 45 second span.

In short, its pick your poison and common sense says to pick the one that isnt a sure thing like Nicole is.

Greeneville is an outstanding team and Dickson is the player that gets the most attention. She is a Division 1 prospect and will be the focal point of any good game plan by a well coached opponent. You have to go in saying Dickson will not beat us. However, sometimes she does anyway and if she is slowed down the other Lady Devils are good enough to pick up the slack. Greeneville is good offensively, but they are great defensively. Look at their schedule and look at opponents scores. The average has to be in the 30's. When I coached against them, we contained them offensively, but had a real hard time scoring. I think their defense could get them deep into the state tournament.

I think the game plan of the team's have been to shut down Nicole and Rachel. Why not? Nicole is capable of getting 30 a night if she's not taken care of defensively and Rachel will get 10-15 on most nights. Take your chances to defend those two and let someone else beat you is the gameplan a lot of coaches go to just out of default. Cocke County's two against them, game one Dickson scored 28 (23 in the first half)....they did a better job defensively on her in the second half, but McIntyre hit two big shots and Shipley hit another one - accounting for 9 of the 12-point margin of victory.Last Friday, Dickson didnt have her best night shooting, but got her usual points (17?) then McIntyre hit a big shot and Kelley scored 15, with two big baskets that made their lead go from 4 to 8 in a 45 second span.In short, its pick your poison and common sense says to pick the one that isnt a sure thing like Nicole is.

I agree but I'm just saying that there will be a few more sure things to have to combat in the next couple of years so it's going to be harder to pick your poison.

Ok Greenville fans,

This isn't going to be a popular post but here it goes. To say that Nicole is not the mainstay of your team is amazing. I can't think of a team in the conference that doesn't have a D1 player--the difference is that Nicole is a top 5 D1 player. It is like having Glory Johnson on your team. If any other team in the conference had her (except for maybe West) they would be in first place. Greenville has one of the biggest counties in Tennessee, and an ever growing draw of population compared to Cherokee and some other smaller population counties. You have no zoning rules which gives you an edge on Morristown East and West where you have to actually live in the correct zone to play. Last but not least, there was a whole thread devoted to the terrible reffing that happens when you "go to Greenville" to play. As someone said on the thread--"...we have to live with it every day--no one wins in Greenville." It is an undisputed fact that for the rest of Nicole's reign, yes let's call it like it is, that Greenville will be at the top of the heap.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="