Gville vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

congrats to the big blue!!, you guys can, if you want it bad enough, beat spitt boys.they do seem a little[alot] arrogant. it's in gville favor for them to be overlooking you guys.just ask appalachian st. the old saying goes,its not the biggest dog in the fight , but the tiger with the biggest fight in them that wins!! i hope the ball bounces in gvilles favor!! go get em tigers!! from your neighbors on the northside of the river, i'll be there supporting.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Come on Bee. After all the name calling between York and SC. The slurs on the Amish. That cant defend themselves because they dont own computers. And you want to close a thread for Hillbilly and dagum? Whats up with that? I actually thought you were a more open minded person than that.

I asked them to stop on that thread...and for the most part they did...I am quite open-minded...and if you want to be called a hillbilly...by all means go for it...but I'm not so sure that the kids at G-ville want to be called that...or any other name...and if one name is allowed to slip by...it only gets worse...

I meant what I said...no name-calling...or it will be edited, deleted, then closed...

All I have heard all year is how tough Region 4 is. Okay, 2 weeks and South Pitt is still waiting for somebody from that region to challenge them. Granted, Trousdale's kids showed a lot of heart and played their tails off and the coaching staff does as good a job as anybody in the state. But they were outmanned bigtime. FCS fans bragged a lot, but after what I saw Friday, that team needs to visit the wizard and get a heart. Once South Pitt hit them in the mouth, FCS wanted none. For all his yards against Region 4, Rickaway was getting to the sideline and out of bounds as quick as he could against the Pirates. I must say I'm enjoying the fact that Region 4 continues to have doubters. Maybe you guys can put together an all-region team that could give the Pirates a little test. Heck, we'll even let you throw in any Monterey players for good measure.

For what it's worth, Rickaway only had about 60 yards against Gville.

Region 4 consistently has 3 top tier teams. Region 3 consistently has one.

Lookout Valley was better this year but that was it.

Do you expect Gville fans to get on here and say how bad they're going to lose. You're crazy if you do.

People should have confidence in their team, if they don't the team will know it.

Yes, I think Gville can go to SP and win. It is a tall order but it can happen.

All I have heard all year is how tough Region 4 is. Okay, 2 weeks and South Pitt is still waiting for somebody from that region to challenge them. Granted, Trousdale's kids showed a lot of heart and played their tails off and the coaching staff does as good a job as anybody in the state. But they were outmanned bigtime. FCS fans bragged a lot, but after what I saw Friday, that team needs to visit the wizard and get a heart. Once South Pitt hit them in the mouth, FCS wanted none. For all his yards against Region 4, Rickaway was getting to the sideline and out of bounds as quick as he could against the Pirates. I must say I'm enjoying the fact that Region 4 continues to have doubters. Maybe you guys can put together an all-region team that could give the Pirates a little test. Heck, we'll even let you throw in any Monterey players for good measure.

Man, let a team go 12 & 0 and fans come out of the woodwork. Difference is, the long term fans..

foul weather, whatever, not fair weather, winning, etc., have class. There are good folks in SP,

as well as players, coaches. You are not doing them any favors with your post.

Just for the record...Monterey "is" in Reg. 4 as well. Another common mistake of newcomers and

bandwagon jumpers-on....not doing the old homework.

"If" you are from SP, be proud of your team...don't embarrass them.

BTW, I had the opportunity to meet some of the Monterey fans at the TC/SP game, and again

at the G-ville/LV game. Great folks...really enjoyed talking to them, and really appreciate them'

coming to support TC & G-ville...thanks, guys...see ya @ SP/G-ville.

For what it's worth, Rickaway only had about 60 yards against Gville.

Region 4 consistently has 3 top tier teams. Region 3 consistently has one.

Lookout Valley was better this year but that was it.

Do you expect Gville fans to get on here and say how bad they're going to lose. You're crazy if you do.

People should have confidence in their team, if they don't the team will know it.

Yes, I think Gville can go to SP and win. It is a tall order but it can happen.

Well stated. I hope SP plans to run straight up the middle. We'll see how tough their pride is this year. Seems to me they need a wake up call. It should be a nail biter. I sure want my money's worth. Seven dollars + a tank of gas+food=near a 100 bucks.

This should be another classic between these teams. I went to see these two teams play last year and it was won by Gordonsville going away. What will happen this year remains to be seen. I feel confident that we will see two good teams going at it.

I still would like to see some type of exhibition at half time. I actually have a new idea. It has gotten cold now, so what do you guys think about a dunking booth in the endzone by the scoreboard? We could get MO$$Y, Bishop Don A Shizzle and Croz6110 against Pirate Tom, Pirate Mike, Zonepirate, Geno and Old Pirate. They could get on the dunking booth one at a time. The winning team gets something from the concession stand and the losing team ALL must go and bow down to the crowd from the 50 yard line. It would be something different and we would all get a kick out of it. LOL

This should be another classic between these teams. I went to see these two teams play last year and it was won by Gordonsville going away. What will happen this year remains to be seen. I feel confident that we will see two good teams going at it.

I still would like to see some type of exhibition at half time. I actually have a new idea. It has gotten cold now, so what do you guys think about a dunking booth in the endzone by the scoreboard? We could get MO$$Y, Bishop Don A Shizzle and Croz6110 against Pirate Tom, Pirate Mike, Zonepirate, Geno and Old Pirate. They could get on the dunking booth one at a time. The winning team gets something from the concession stand and the losing team ALL must go and bow down to the crowd from the 50 yard line. It would be something different and we would all get a kick out of it. LOL

Wow, I think this is your longest post ever.

I don't think I'll be volunteering for the dunking booth.

Oh come on Croz, I know it will be cold, but it will be good, clean entertainment for everyone to enjoy at your expense. What time will you be arriving on Friday? I think I will get there early, maybe around 5:30 or so to size everyone up. I have seen the teams play in person this season, but seeing them on the same field will give me some more potential matchups to look at.

Oh come on Croz, I know it will be cold, but it will be good, clean entertainment for everyone to enjoy at your expense. What time will you be arriving on Friday? I think I will get there early, maybe around 5:30 or so to size everyone up. I have seen the teams play in person this season, but seeing them on the same field will give me some more potential matchups to look at.

I like to get there early, but with my wife coming with me, I can't leave to early because of the kids.

Still, I have to decline the dunking booth.

However, I think alot of people would like to see you in the dunking booth.

I like to get there early, but with my wife coming with me, I can't leave to early because of the kids.

Still, I have to decline the dunking booth.

However, I think alot of people would like to see you in the dunking booth.

Yes it would be great to see a Legend in the dunking booth. I'm not going to be the Legend to volunteer so LivingLegend, you will have to represent us. I will be standing there blending in with the crowd watching this take place.

I guess we shouldn't even show up then...

Shizz, give us our due and don't start that. If you were there you would have been impressed too. I thought FCS had some speed but they actually looked slow last night. Our kids even surprised me with the game they had. In pre-game warm-ups you could see the determination in their eyes and feel the electricity in the air. Now putting 2 games like that in a row will be a tough feat