Gville vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

TC and FC all ran different stuff and ran it effectively. I have a feeling a team like Hampton just comes with what got them to 13-0

Ole MO$$$$'s kid is a good football player but more than that he is a good kid. I know you are proud MO$$$$

Yeah, and contrary to legends comment of him almost reaching legend status. He has reached that to me and GHS. I am sure it will be a while before GV has another DT reach his stats. Yes, it hurt having to end his HS career. I am not so sure it will all end on that field tonight however. He still loves football and even if he don't get any offers I think he would make a fine walk on somewhere. Like someone said a champion is not determined by wins and losses. I know he is not a thoroughbred, but he is not a donkey you cant turn into one.

Good luck to my next favorite team, next week. I also think that week off hurt both teams tonight. Way to many mistakes both ways.

I have to agree with Croz on the refs with the ball measuring. Never seen that done before. It happened to both sides. Kind of comical. Kind of made them look like they were afraid to make a decision. I could have ran and got me a coffee if I knew it would take that long to decide. Not that it would have made a difference. Just weird. Maybe it was the full moon. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats out to S.Pitt on the win last night. You proved you could plow through region 4. Nice job ! G-ville had their chances, but kept shooting their self in the foot when they got into scoring position. what was it 3 or 4 times? ( Good defence S.P.)

G-ville, props goes out to you guys for a oustanding yr. you had some adversitiy this yr, came through it and played like the champions you are. well done ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What a great game last night. There were obvious mistakes, but that is football. GV played their hearts out, but in the end the Pirates were just better. We made key plays when it mattered the most. And like MikePirate and ZP said, the difference in this year and last was the line play. They really took it to the GV line, making room for those three running backs to make plays. MP, is was nice to see that an old friend and former Pirate is on the board. GV's quarterback is a great player. His running ability made us respect him, and it opened up some good pass plays for them. If we play a team that does not have as mobile a quarterback as Smith, I don't see them passing on us like GV did. Anyway, Pirates enjoy the win and keep working hard. You might just bring home the state championship!

GO PIRATES!!!!!

Congrats to the Pirates.

Well played game.

As the LivingLegend did, I saw Grunt also sporting that Cowboys jacket. Me and a former Boyd Buc player were roaming the Gordonsville side tonight. Go get Hampton next week Pirates. I will be there!

It was good to see the famous reaction again last night. We didn't make it in time for the scoreboard gathering. I'll try to get there earlier next week. Congrats to SP on the win. Congrats to big blue for a good season. MO$$$$, that young man of yours was very impressive. I saw him make several tackles on plays away from him. No quit in that kid! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Grunt, I saw you as you passed by last night but I was running my mouth and couldn't get to ya.

We would've had to quit to be mercyed, and that wasn't going to happen.

hmm you say if and no way.. i could see the mercy happening BUT!!!! i saw some bad officiating on both sides.. nothing to determine the games outcome though.. what i mostly saw was a few holdomg no call's and some poor ball measuring and placement for both team's... BUT>>> in no way did i see where Gordonsville could have won that game.... what a awesome team they have and congrats MO$$ on your son's season...and i read that Gordonsville didnt play well. well with that being said i dont think spitt played well...they were good but not as good as last week. but good team's make great team's look just ok...spitt has good pass defense.. but as we have said all year we are a bend but dont break defense and it showed.. we are gonna find a way to stop you we dont quit.. it would have been easy for us to have quit when gordonsville drove down inside the 15 . but we held our ground and intercepted the pass. wich is FOOTBALL... what im most proud of is the fact that we wne through region 4 and most say that couldnt happen because all we play is puff team's and what would happen if we had to play all 4 qrt's... well ask Gordonsville what happen's... and the fact that we have been called nothing but speed and a outside running team.. WELL.... we ran through the def line... and over...not taking anything from Gordonville, just stating some thing's that spitt fan's and players hear... we are not a big team but a very strong team.. and i wanna give a shout out to in my mind is defensive player of the year and probably the smallest man on the field.. Jarrod Dawson.. not sure of the spelling...#35 he will hit you no matter how big you are.. good luck pirates next week with Hampton

Congrats to the Pirates on a big win last night you guys are awesome this year. I hate to see Gvill and region 4 eliminated,but as my old coach used to say if you are playing after Thanksgiving you have nothing to be ashamed of you have had a great season Tigers you guys had that a great season be proud /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .Region 4 as a whole knows now what it will take to climb the mountain now is the time to start focusing on next season.Way to go Tigers. Good Luck to the Pirates and the Bulldogs on the way to the Boro.

hmm you say if and no way.. i could see the mercy happening BUT!!!! i saw some bad officiating on both sides.. nothing to determine the games outcome though.. what i mostly saw was a few holdomg no call's and some poor ball measuring and placement for both team's... BUT>>> in no way did i see where Gordonsville could have won that game.... what a awesome team they have and congrats MO$$ on your son's season...and i read that Gordonsville didnt play well. well with that being said i dont think spitt played well...they were good but not as good as last week. but good team's make great team's look just ok...spitt has good pass defense.. but as we have said all year we are a bend but dont break defense and it showed.. we are gonna find a way to stop you we dont quit.. it would have been easy for us to have quit when gordonsville drove down inside the 15 . but we held our ground and intercepted the pass. wich is FOOTBALL... what im most proud of is the fact that we wne through region 4 and most say that couldnt happen because all we play is puff team's and what would happen if we had to play all 4 qrt's... well ask Gordonsville what happen's... and the fact that we have been called nothing but speed and a outside running team.. WELL.... we ran through the def line... and over...not taking anything from Gordonville, just stating some thing's that spitt fan's and players hear... we are not a big team but a very strong team.. and i wanna give a shout out to in my mind is defensive player of the year and probably the smallest man on the field.. Jarrod Dawson.. not sure of the spelling...#35 he will hit you no matter how big you are.. good luck pirates next week with Hampton

Deny it all you want to. Gville made some key misakes that helped to keep them from winning.

Two fumbles with no one around them, one on a play that would've possibly been six points.

Two int's in the endzone, one from the seven yard line. If we score on three of these 4 opportunities, we match the Pirates score, and it also changes momemtum. Yes Gville could've won, but we didn't take advantage of our opportunities.

As far as the officiating goes, I'm all for letting the boys play, but when a defender is grabbed from behind over the top of the shoulder pads near the play, it needs to be called.

Congrats to South Pitt and Good Luck!!!!

I want to Thank the Entire 2007 Regional Champ Tiger Team for a GREAT season.

A Special Thanks to the Tiger Seniors for the memories and you will be very missed by this Tiger Mom:

Football Players: 14-Dustin Monti, 15-Justin Smith, 17-Matthew Thornton, 23-Jordon Davis, 25-Jesse Gullett, 28-Nathan Mannnig, 37-Derek Apple, 48-Jake O'Neal, 49-Stephen Pride, 53-Nick Campbell, 56-Josh Arnold, 59-Justin Sims, 60-Cody Mason and 61-Chris Fuson.

Team Support: 82-Jeremy Sevier-Mgr and 47-Drew Gentry-Video.

Cheerleaders: Nicole Ray, Michelle Winfree and Captains-Toshia Milks & Kayla Woods.

Deny it all you want to. Gville made some key misakes that helped to keep them from winning.

Two fumbles with no one around them, one on a play that would've possibly been six points.

Two int's in the endzone, one from the seven yard line. If we score on three of these 4 opportunities, we match the Pirates score, and it also changes momemtum. Yes Gville could've won, but we didn't take advantage of our opportunities.

As far as the officiating goes, I'm all for letting the boys play, but when a defender is grabbed from behind over the top of the shoulder pads near the play, it needs to be called.

IF, IF, IF, IF, IF,...... SP dropped the open kick-off. If we don't fumble and we score the whole game complexion changes because your first score never happens. We also fumbled on a later drive. It's all part of football. I didn't like all the holding that didn't get called on G'ville. Several non-calls would have been drive stoppers. That's part of the game too. G'ville is a very good team and I know you live and breathe G'ville football but it is time to say the better team won and quit "IF"ing.

Old Pirate says the head ref was apparently half blind or forgot his glasses. Those measurements were a little funny looking,that's for sure. As far as teams, come on guys Gville was a 1 dimentional team with 89yds rushing on the night. SP's strong right at you rushing attack was something to see for an old pirate. The passing was a little of a surprise but the Gville QB earned SP's respect and obviously the coaches chose to defend his running a little more than a normal situation. The linebackers weren't dropping as quickly as they would normally.

OP says fans sometimes see the game thru rose colored glasses and not as it really is. The SP players made defensive plays that kept Gville from scoring. It was not that Gville drop passes in the end zone that stopped their drives. Simply said the Pirates made plays defensively, try to give credit where it is earned.

Fumbles...... help all the Pirate Nation if the Pirates play as sloppy next week as they played last night. Gville played hard and deserve credit but don't by any means think they got the Pirates best game. Heck, OP says hopefully they haven't played their best game to date, but certainly it was not last night with numerous penalties and fumbles missed coverages,running backs missing their running lanes, tripping over their own players. Nuff said.......................... Gville reportedly put in a few wrinkles that the Pirates weren't prepared for and made some razzle-dazzle plays work.

Surely most could see SP was giving the short stuff and preventing being scorched by someone. #7 made some nice catches and runs after reception. But there were 2 teams playing, with one obviously better than the other. OP says if they played 10 times, Gville would have a tuff time winning. No disrespect to Gville meant, guys. SP was the best team going away,even on an off night.

Ole Possumtowner is proud of dem G-Men dey played tuff. S Pitt is a strong team. Dey should take care of busness and git em a gold ball fer sure. Ole Possumtowner heard dare wuzz some bad calls and all but dat dont matter. Dats part of dis game. Ole Possumtowner done said 3 weeks ago dat if S Pitt beat TC, FC, and the G Men dey deserved to win it and dats whut is gonna happen.

Reg 3 Champs - Check

Reg 4 Champs - Check

East TN Champs - Next

Gold Ball - It will happen

Good luck to yall. Dont git no big heads and keep yer eye on dat gold ball cause if ye dont it will sur nuff come up missin.