MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

Even though we are 12-0 and beat BA in the rgular season, if I polled this blog we would be a decided underdog. Our boys relish that role.

So the MBA boys are reading web blogs. What about homework? MBA might seem like the BLOG underdog but in the real world and the TSSAA High School Series (THSS) ranking (sort of like the BCS rankings) its MBA #1 and BA #2. Plus the Tennessean rankings also have MBA #1. Joe Biddle also has MBA #1 as well as Hope Hines.

That makes MBA the favorite for the game Saturday.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the MBA boys are reading web blogs. What about homework? MBA might seem like the BLOG underdog but in the real world and the TSSAA High School Series (THSS) ranking (sort of like the BCS rankings) its MBA #1 and BA #2. Plus the Tennessean rankings also have MBA #1. Joe Biddle also has MBA #1 as well as Hope Hines.

That makes MBA the favorite for the game Saturday.

. . . and just for the record, this board has MBA w/ 17 picks and BA with 8 (yes, I'm embarassed to say I went back and counted and yes, I only counted Hadouken once . . .).

As many have said before, this game is almost guaranteed to be close and low scoring, and a defensive war all the way through. Both defenses have played outstandingly this season. It will undoubted be a great game with fierce battles down in the trenches.Also as many have said, MBA does have the advantage in the kicking game, with Fletcher kicking, needless to say that that did decide the game. I would tend to say that MBA and BA are just about equal in the offensive category, while BA may have the edge in the backfield, except the QB, I would give the O-Line Edge to MBA, because, in my opinion, they have the best O-Line in the state. I would also say that the two defenses are comprable, MBA and BA both have outstanding D-Lines, but I would say that MBA has the edge in the linebacker corpse. The secondaries are also similar, but BAs corners are a little bit too aggressive and bit on too many fakes.What I am most concerned about is BAs unexperienced sophmore QB, from watching him, he seems to get frustrated and flustered when he gets pressured, and he can throw it away on an otherwise good play, or he can be forced to throw bad passes, sometimes resulting in ints. He can also tuck it and run, which will rarely result in a good play with MBAs defense.

Even though we are 12-0 and beat BA in the rgular season, if I polled this blog we would be a decided underdog. Our boys relish that role.

AMEN, we have dealt with it all season, and look how that has turned out, but we will have to really show up ready to play on Saturday

MBA-20

BA-13

Actually, you probably should do a recount. MBA is being picked many more times than BA. Your boys are going to have to come up with a different form of motivation -- "underdog" certainly isn't going to work. I don't think "smaller, better coached overachievers" will work either. They are going to have to play with the high expectations of most.

not to be mean, but MBA has been picked to win 6 or less of their 12 games this season, and BA was ranked #1 in the tennessean until they were beaten, and I dont think that they have been picked to lose a game all year, including the first MBA game

not to be mean, but MBA has been picked to win 6 or less of their 12 games this season, and BA was ranked #1 in the tennessean until they were beaten, and I dont think that they have been picked to lose a game all year, including the first MBA game

and I'm sure that unerdog role has served them well, but if this blog is any indication (contrary to what BigRedDad has said) MBA goes into this game as the favorite -- as it should be. MBA earned it. The "poor overlooked us" thing just isn't going to work this time . . . .

WHO cares!! When the two teams play on Saturday then everyone will find out ok. Everyone knows they are 2 of the best teams in tn. Everything that needs to be said about these two teams+ plus useless smack that nobody cares about has been said Okay. We will will see on Saturday. JEEEZ

GO

BIG RED.....

NOT!!!

B

WHO cares!! When the two teams play on Saturday then everyone will find out ok. Everyone knows they are 2 of the best teams in tn. Everything that needs to be said about these two teams+ plus useless smack that nobody cares about has been said Okay. We will will see on Saturday. JEEEZ

GO

BIG RED.....

NOT!!!

B

"Lighten up, Francis" Sgt Hulka 1981

This board is about discussion. I haven't noticed too much smack talk.

As many have said before, this game is almost guaranteed to be close and low scoring, and a defensive war all the way through. Both defenses have played outstandingly this season. It will undoubted be a great game with fierce battles down in the trenches.Also as many have said, MBA does have the advantage in the kicking game, with Fletcher kicking, needless to say that that did decide the game. I would tend to say that MBA and BA are just about equal in the offensive category, while BA may have the edge in the backfield, except the QB, I would give the O-Line Edge to MBA, because, in my opinion, they have the best O-Line in the state. I would also say that the two defenses are comprable, MBA and BA both have outstanding D-Lines, but I would say that MBA has the edge in the linebacker corpse. The secondaries are also similar, but BAs corners are a little bit too aggressive and bit on too many fakes.What I am most concerned about is BAs unexperienced sophmore QB, from watching him, he seems to get frustrated and flustered when he gets pressured, and he can throw it away on an otherwise good play, or he can be forced to throw bad passes, sometimes resulting in ints. He can also tuck it and run, which will rarely result in a good play with MBAs defense.AMEN, we have dealt with it all season, and look how that has turned out, but we will have to really show up ready to play on Saturday

I can go along with many of your points. However, our QB is better than he was when we played last. He missed a couple of wide open receivers with no pressure against MBA and many other teams on a consistent basis up until the last 3 weeks. He has stopped looking "freaked out" and has started looking confident. Now, at MTSU in the State Title game his improvements may be nullified by the tension. Also, I don't blame you for having the opinion that you have about our secondary. You are partially correct. It is tough to judge them on the MBA game. You guys execute the short to medium passes/patterns so well, it can make a secondary look that way.

GO

BIG RED.....

NOT!!!

B

. . . if everything has been said, why post and waste our time.

JEEZ

I can go along with many of your points. However, our QB is better than he was when we played last. He missed a couple of wide open receivers with no pressure against MBA and many other teams on a consistent basis up until the last 3 weeks. He has stopped looking "freaked out" and has started looking confident. Now, at MTSU in the State Title game his improvements may be nullified by the tension. Also, I don't blame you for having the opinion that you have about our secondary. You are partially correct. It is tough to judge them on the MBA game. You guys execute the short to medium passes/patterns so well, it can make a secondary look that way.

BA's DB Jeremy Martin is a monster. I would not want to be a WR and have to run routes against him. He would take your head off. Definite college player. He loves to get after people.....and I am putting that nice. He is one of my favorite players to watch.

Guys, if you want to watch something fun....watch Jeremy on the kickoff team. He is #15. MAJOR headhunter.

#4 Jess Rutledge has several years of playing time as a starter as well.

BA's DB Jeremy Martin is a monster. I would not want to be a WR and have to run routes against him. He would take your head off. Definite college player. He loves to get after people.....and I am putting that nice. He is one of my favorite players to watch.

Guys, if you want to watch something fun....watch Jeremy on the kickoff team. He is #15. MAJOR headhunter.

#4 Jess Rutledge has several years of playing time as a starter as well.

#26 Michael Kelly is another stud who goes 110% on every play...Great Kid...

He had a nice pick on EHS last week.