MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#26 Michael Kelly is another stud who goes 110% on every play...Great Kid...

He had a nice pick on EHS last week.

26??? Michael Kelly.. He was the guy that, during the ensworth ba game, taunted the EHS sideline by prancing on EHS's sideline after he cought that interception. 110 percent is good but so is sportsmanship.

26??? Michael Kelly.. He was the guy that, during the ensworth ba game, taunted the EHS sideline by prancing on EHS's sideline after he cought that interception. 110 percent is good but so is sportsmanship.

You are mistaken. He intercepted the ball as he ran out of bounds in front of the BA student body. He briefly held the ball out pointing toward the student body. There were officials on both sides of him. They would have thrown a flag if he were taunting.

same goes for jess rutledge, he is the cockiest and one of the dirtiest players ive seen, in the first matchup he tackled preston bailey on the opposite side of the field as the play, and at least 4 secs after the whistle had been blown, and right onto the MBA bench, needless to say that the players were about ready to rush him

same goes for jess rutledge, he is the cockiest and one of the dirtiest players ive seen, in the first matchup he tackled preston bailey on the opposite side of the field as the play, and at least 4 secs after the whistle had been blown, and right onto the MBA bench, needless to say that the players were about ready to rush him

Ok, would not challenge you on Jess. He cleanly smacked an Ensworth ball carrier out of bounds into their bench area and came up yelling at all of their players that were standing around, this past week. I have heard many reports about Preston not being the perfect gentleman out there, as well. I would spin it as high intensity players. However, I would contend that 4 secs could be considered "story teller's license". I believe there would have been an ejection if it was that late and maybe the players and the crowd would have jumped him.

Michael Kelly was not taunting in the incident previously described, is all I was saying.

Ok, would not challenge you on Jess. He cleanly smacked an Ensworth ball carrier out of bounds into their bench area and came up yelling at all of their players that were standing around, this past week. I have heard many reports about Preston not being the perfect gentleman out there, as well. I would spin it as high intensity players. However, I would contend that 4 secs could be considered "story teller's license". I believe there would have been an ejection if it was that late and maybe the players and the crowd would have jumped him.

Michael Kelly was not taunting in the incident previously described, is all I was saying.

Anything over a second would be hard to believe. Alot can happen in 1-2 seconds on a football field.....like covering 30-60 feet. Anything more than a second is a spin.

Mike, Jess, and Jeremy Martin are some of the most competitive people I know and they do everything they can to win...It can sometimes get the best of them but it usually pays off. Jeremy Martin is going to be a college player. Jess has had some monster hits this season. They're good players and have been playing really well as of late.

It doesnt shock me at all about any 'late hits' in this game with the emotions that the players play with in these games. These two schools hate eachother and it shows in nearly every sport. I remember in the basketball game last year at MBA there were some hard fouls and a few borderline cheap shots.

This game Saturday is going to be hype. There are going to be hard hits and there is going to be trash talk, but its not so much the arrogance or cockiness, its just the intense rivalry and dislike for eachother.

And I'm excited to see it.

not this hit

. . . then we all assume that the flag was thrown. Even the "refs that didn't call anything MBA's was" would have thrown the flag on a hit 4 seconds after the whistle.

I agree with the commenst around intensity but I'd certainly disagree with your contention that Rutledge is a dirty player. He plays full out and plays until the whistle blows, but in the games I saw (and I saw most although I didn't see the MBA game . . .) I don't think he was flagged for an unsportsman like all year. Don't mistake intensity for dirty.

not this hit

I think vols98 has fully demonstrated in a previous post that he is a bit chronologically challenged! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

(KWoodruff, chronologically means having to do with time.) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Did you see it. He was holding the ball out to people with his other hand on his hip strutting with the ball up on the sideline. He walked on the sideline for a long time.

I saw it. "...a long time" was probably 2-3 seconds, but it was bush league IMO. Had he done that where the coaches could see him, he would have been yanked so fast he would have gotten whiplash. Very "un-BAlike". And "un-MBAlike" as well, I'll throw in for good measure.

Ryanlike? You be the judge!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />