MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

The refs had to have a purpose in calling six encroachment penalties on a team without a single one all season. The penalties in the first quarter set the tone for the game. A new crew, a new game. Wesley johnson held the whole game as he did the first MBA-BA game. It was never called. What he did to 35 was no worse than what happened to Jay Cole. New crew, new game.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son plays O-Line for MBA, and I asked him about the encroachment calls. He said that BA had an offensive lineman consistantly lining up offside. As far as the the illegal procedure calls against MBA he said that the BA players were barking out the cadence. That is something the officials are suppose to pay attention to, but hey who knows.

I would like to make a comment about the the venue. I hate to play this game in front of 40,000 empty seats. There was no atmosphere in the stadium. On top of the fact the boys have to adjust to a new environment. The hash marks are closer together then on a high school field, the goal post are narrower, and they have a 25 second clock working at both ends. I was told that part of the trouble for both teams ws that the 25 second clock reset faster then the officials did during the season.

Having said all of that I think I speak for all MBA players, coaches and fans when I say we will play in the parking lot if need be. Bring on the best of 4A, or 5A, we will play them. We might lose but we wont dodge them.

Lets see. Your son wasn't on the field at the times the encroachments (6) were called. So he knows. MBA called shifts against BA last night and in the first gam e just like BA did. Should those have been called. You may not look in the mirror, Buddy, but your selfserving comments about the game fool no one .

It was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. Both teams were certainly effected by it. It made it almost impossible for BA to do anything in the 1st half--every possession started at 1st and 15 or 20.

All that to say that MBA was CLEARLY the better team. They absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides. They were tougher, more physical, etc. I give them a lot of credit. I did not think anyone could push BA around like that. While the outcome was close (12-0) MBA never lost control of the game.

The kid has a career infront of him you bafoon. Regardless of whether we won the championship or not, it didn't require the actions that some of the BA kids put forth after the game. It's a shame to see how low they sank especially the line man that hurt Jay Cole...tell me you wouldn't react as fervently if one of your players had the same happen.

Quit being a hypocrite.

Oh great, I have the husband after me.

How do you know it was done on purpose? You can see into someone's heart?

Enjoy, if there is crying to be done, leave it to us. It is extremely unbecoming to you and your wife.

The refs had to have a purpose in calling six encroachment penalties on a team without a single one all season. The penalties in the first quarter set the tone for the game. A new crew, a new game. Wesley johnson held the whole game as he did the first MBA-BA game. It was never called. What he did to 35 was no worse than what happened to Jay Cole. New crew, new game.

Please no more excuses, you are beginning to sound like the Father Ryan posters. BA lost to a better team, get over it.

Oh great, I have the husband after me.

How do you know it was done on purpose? You can see into someone's heart?

Enjoy, if there is crying to be done, leave it to us. It is extremely unbecoming to you and your wife.

yeah, because its obviously accidental when a player is walking over to his team after a game and happens to slip, go 5 feet out of his way and stomp on an ankle, what can I say, the ground was wet and he must have just slipped, right 32skidoo?

yeah, because its obviously accidental when a player is walking over to his team after a game and happens to slip, go 5 feet out of his way and stomp on an ankle, what can I say, the ground was wet and he must have just slipped, right 32skidoo?

I don't know. I didn't say I did. I just don't think you do either.

MBA had 9 penalties for 54 yards and BA had 7 penalties for 31 yards. Stop complaining. If you watched the game, then you know MBA controlled the entire game and the score should of been a lot worse. Good year BA, but you lost to the better team. Congrats MBA on being 13-0, winning STATE, and being one of the top 25 teams in the country. Great year.

MBA had 9 penalties for 54 yards and BA had 7 penalties for 31 yards. Stop complaining. If you watched the game, then you know MBA controlled the entire game and the score should of been a lot worse. Good year BA, but you lost to the better team. Congrats MBA on being 13-0, winning STATE, and being one of the top 25 teams in the country. Great year.

Correction: They are NOT top 25, but ARE top 50 on one UNapproved REGIONAL (southeast) POLL.

They are probably amongst, if not the, top coaches in the state right now.

Great game for both sides, but what truly bothered me was BAs sportmanship, or lack thereof. #4 was taunting the MBA students, team, and on two distinct occassions, the MBA coaches. And after the last play of the game, when the clock had been at zero, and the whistle blown, and the players were rushing the field, one of the BA OLineman stomped on Jay Cole's ankle, on prupose, and he now has a high ankle sprain, thats beyond Ryan-like

Haha so are you saying thats ONLY something Ryan would do?

Haha thats good stuff though, way to go to the man on BA for doing that!

Gotta love football

Haha all you gotta do to take care of that is crack him in the ribs when you are doing that and I PROMISE he won't do it again... Trust me