Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

Melrose is giving up 4.1 ppg and has given up FIFTY points all year long. They've given up 12 points total in their past 7 games. They have played a MUCH more difficult schedule against superior talent in the Memphis City school system on a weekly basis. A team like Henry County sees about the same number of talented players scattered across West Tennessee in season that a team like Melrose sees weekly. What makes you think that Henry County is going to just run up and down the field and score at will? Nobody else has been able to do it all year.

Region 7 is a weak region. I think even the most ardent homer would admit that. There is not a 4A or 5A team outside of Memphis in West Tennessee that is not in Region 7. Did you realize that? The Jackson teams are down considerably from some good football that they have enjoyed through the years. Hardin County is a perennial 3-4 loss team in their best year's of football. I believe they have won 10 games (including playoffs) once in the last 40 years.

The only way that Melrose loses this game is if they give it away.

it seems to me u are really high on something this is going to be the best offense melrose has met all year. Melrose will be the Defense HC done met all Year. well it seems like region 8 is weak to because HC done put a wipping on two of them.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning Big Red Nation & Happy Thanksgiving! After a huge rain yesterday, the Patriots are out this morning practicing their final practice in preperation for the Golden Wildcats. The air is cold and the atmosphere intense. What a battle lies ahead for tomorrow! Let's get behind them Big Red Faithful and be prepared to lose our voices all over again this week. Bells in hand, standing room only, what a sight.

Let's Get it ON!!!

The Tennessean is picking Melrose to win 21-19. His picks were 9-1 last week. The guys are used to being the underdog and love proving everyone wrong!

Calling all the Big Red Nation-

WE NEED THE STADIUM PACKED WITH RED. WE MUST BE LOUD AND ON OUR FEET!!!!!! THE CROWD CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE IN THIS GAME!!!!!!!

The boys deserve home field advantage. Many of these boys went into the Mound and beat the Wildcats last year. All that travel with the team know our away crowd is louder than our home crowd and that is sad. PLEASE be there and be VOCAL!!!!

Get there early or you will find yourself standing. Melrose will pack OUR side of the stands if you don't.

This game is the WEST TN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - Treat it that way!

GO BIG RED!! Show the state what we all know - THE BEST IN THE WEST!

Guest Advisor

Melrose is giving up 4.1 ppg and has given up FIFTY points all year long. They've given up 12 points total in their past 7 games. They have played a MUCH more difficult schedule against superior talent in the Memphis City school system on a weekly basis. A team like Henry County sees about the same number of talented players scattered across West Tennessee in season that a team like Melrose sees weekly. What makes you think that Henry County is going to just run up and down the field and score at will? Nobody else has been able to do it all year.

Region 7 is a weak region. I think even the most ardent homer would admit that. There is not a 4A or 5A team outside of Memphis in West Tennessee that is not in Region 7. Did you realize that? The Jackson teams are down considerably from some good football that they have enjoyed through the years. Hardin County is a perennial 3-4 loss team in their best year's of football. I believe they have won 10 games (including playoffs) once in the last 40 years.

The only way that Melrose loses this game is if they give it away.

[/quote

Lipscomb NERD....if Region 7 is so weak, explain to the CoachT beloved why then is Jackson Northside, Liberty Tech, and Jackson Central Merry all ranked in the Top 10 on THIS very website for toughest schedule! Wait a second.......let me count the Region 8 4AAA teams in the top ten........ummm.......hmmmm.......well that number is ZERO!!! Typcal Lispscomb nerd......Bison or Mustang...you are all the same!!

Duh Uh excuse me......... Matthews is in school finishing up his required classes to graduate. At least he is in the field of education. Matthews is qualified due to he's in school about to graduate to become a certified TSSAA teacher/coach, unlike their offensive coordinator ( Roy ) the security guard who is watching aisle 5 on the monitor at Kroger for a potential shoplifter

Well Duh...excuse you!! You said that no one that is not certified is qualified to coach. Here you explain that he is about to be certified (so does close count?). Explain one thing to me. Since Matthews has been coaching the defense at Melrose for years and they have been exceptional throughout all that time period, does that mean that they just got lucky, or rather, that regardless of certification or not, Matthews has done an outstanding job. Also, another tip...Next time there is a coaching change at Melrose, look for Matthews to take the reins. He'll do an exceptional job, even with so little time as a certified teacher. To quote my man, Charlie Brown....GOOD GRIEF!!!

Well Duh...excuse you!! You said that no one that is not certified is qualified to coach. Here you explain that he is about to be certified (so does close count?). Explain one thing to me. Since Matthews has been coaching the defense at Melrose for years and they have been exceptional throughout all that time period, does that mean that they just got lucky, or rather, that regardless of certification or not, Matthews has done an outstanding job. Also, another tip...Next time there is a coaching change at Melrose, look for Matthews to take the reins. He'll do an exceptional job, even with so little time as a certified teacher. To quote my man, Charlie Brown....GOOD GRIEF!!!

Sorry, I forgot the reason for posting today. Wanted to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and extend best wishes and good luck to the Pats this weekend. You've represented your region well. Play hard and good luck!

Happy Thanksgiving from your local YANKER!!!! Congratulations on your win last week! My father and I enjoyed the game and the atmosphere...HC is representing our region very well again in the playoffs. The YANKER is very thankful for my father and for football season (although I do wish my beloved Cougars were still playing)!!! The YANKER is glad that you were all so happy with my replacement aboard the helicopter last week...he certainly was not the YANKER...but then who is????? Your local government has requested, yet again, for the YANKER to present the game ball...and I actually agreed this time but it is not to be...there are not enough National Guard units to be on hand at the game...nor are their enough National Guard units to be in the surrounding towns. You see, the neighboring towns will be like ghost towns...all would leave to catch a glimpse of the LEGENDARY YANKER...leaving their homes and town squares subject to inevitable looting. So the YANKER wanted to do this game ball thing for you...but security is simply too complicated and dangerous for all involved. The YANKER is sorry...but such is the life of the YANKER!!! All of that aside...we will be at the game and witness the HC victory by a 27-20 score over Melrose!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!...good luck!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, as well. What game will you be attending?

[/quot

If you call work attending then I'll be attending the W.Station-Millington quarterfinal. It's cold here today with more cold weather for tomorrow. This matchup pits two 12-0 teams in what should be a dandy. A total contrast in styles though! W. Station is a very versatile team that is 60-40 pass oriented with Millington a physical, pound it at you bunch. I am hopeful that we do our jobs as well as the teams that are participating. I.E. (Take the officials out of play and let the players decide the outcome on the field.)