Hampton v/s Midway

dawgbacker

Good luck to pujo and the bull dogs from TC! you have showed nothing but respect for us and my team since '05 and i appreciate that as a recent player and now a fan!

It is well earned respect, as long as you guys are able to keep your Coack, Trousdale will always be one of the most respected schools in the state.. It take a tough ole boy to suit up for the Yeller Jackets. Hats off

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF HAMPTON COMES OUT AND PLAYS ROCK SOLID DEFENSE LIKE THEY HAVE ALL YEAR THROUGH THE AIR AND THE GROUND THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE IT TO THE 4TH ROUND. THEY NEED THEIR OFFENSE HITTING ON ALL CYCLINDERS AS WELL. PLAY MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL CAUSE A LITTLE MISTAKE COULD TURN INTO A BIG GAIN FOR THE OTHER TEAM. GOOD LUCK DOGS

IF HAMPTON COMES OUT AND PLAYS ROCK SOLID DEFENSE LIKE THEY HAVE ALL YEAR THROUGH THE AIR AND THE GROUND THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE IT TO THE 4TH ROUND. THEY NEED THEIR OFFENSE HITTING ON ALL CYCLINDERS AS WELL. PLAY MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL CAUSE A LITTLE MISTAKE COULD TURN INTO A BIG GAIN FOR THE OTHER TEAM. GOOD LUCK DOGS

We played a nearly flawless game in the 1st round, last week, not nearly as well. We hurt ourselves several times. Oneida was a very quapity team and extremely well coached,but several of the mistakes we made didn't have anything to do with Oneida. We usually catch any balls the other teams throw to us ,but in the two games with Oneida, we must have dropped at least 6.Strange how things happen sometimes. Also had 2 very costly penalties. If we play up to our potential ,we should live to see another week. This team has a chance of doing something no Hampton team has ever done before, A school record. They may be FIRED UP.

Poor lil old Midway............Apparently they have no chance against these Dogs. Someone call their school and tell them to cancel the bus, just forfeit and save everyone a long drive up and an even longer one back.

Hampton 75

Midway 2

Hampton takes a safety to end the game because they feel sorry for Midway.

i totally agree...

I have no idea if he is going to be able to play. And yes it does hurt a team. Thats one reason Hampton beat Oneida.

it does hurt a team but that isn't an excuse for a loss. hampton had their QB (Lunsford) knocked out on the very last play before halftime last year at Friendship Christian in the 4th round. Without Lunsford, the Dogs came out and outscored FCS in the second half...

it does hurt a team but that isn't an excuse for a loss. hampton had their QB (Lunsford) knocked out on the very last play before halftime last year at Friendship Christian in the 4th round. Without Lunsford, the Dogs came out and outscored FCS in the second half...

Midways starting QB is a very good athlete, he and the running back compliment each other because

both have very good speed and because of the spread option offense they run, the backup is not nearly as explosive and he is a sophomore , when you lose possibly the best player, the Quarterback, and a senior leader it can make a difference in the outcome of the game. Just for the sake of arguing what would happen if Manning or Brady missed a big game against a quality opponent , Stansbury is to Midway what Peyton Manning is to the Colts. I'm picking Hampton by 10 only because Midway is not as explosive without there quarterback.

Poor lil old Midway............Apparently they have no chance against these Dogs. Someone call their school and tell them to cancel the bus, just forfeit and save everyone a long drive up and an even longer one back.

Hampton 75

Midway 2

Hampton takes a safety to end the game because they feel sorry for Midway.

the score you have posted is over the top but they have had mercy all year on teams most of the time only played 2 quarters but I have no doubt that it will take a complete game this week to get the job done trust me midway is getting all the attention of the people that really matter and that ain't us coacht posters!!GO DOGS!!

Midways starting QB is a very good athlete, he and the running back compliment each other because

both have very good speed and because of the spread option offense they run, the backup is not nearly as explosive and he is a sophomore , when you lose possibly the best player, the Quarterback, and a senior leader it can make a difference in the outcome of the game. Just for the sake of arguing what would happen if Manning or Brady missed a big game against a quality opponent , Stansbury is to Midway what Peyton Manning is to the Colts. I'm picking Hampton by 10 only because Midway is not as explosive without there quarterback.

well if they are not explosive without him it will be alot more than 10 points if the dogs get rollin and you can't answer could get ugly fast! have a safe trip and good luck to both teams.GO DOGS!!!!

Stansbury is able to play defense, but that big ole cast on his right hand makes it impossible to play QB. I think Pressley is a good athlete, but he also has injured wrist and is wearing a cast which makes it hard to take snaps cleanly, run the option and throw the football. Midway can still win the game, but it's hard to change so much of what you do in less than two weeks. That's why they looked out of sync to me last week.

If Stansbury's job was to just hand the ball off nearly every play then replacing him wouldn't be as tough, but he runs the option and has really good speed.

If they want to win then their defense will really have to step up. Against Harriman they did just hat and held Harriman to 108 yards and 7 points. Midway's offensive line must also do well and open some holes. Hampton will no doubt look to take away Robinson first with less of a threat of the option game.