Hampton v/s Midway

dawgbacker

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never answered my question, How many passing teams has Hampton played? I would say none, your in a run region who plays a run region in the playoffs .Region 1 and 2 have not had a good passing team since the 90's with greenback. and to answer our question I have seen hampton play 6 times i the last 2 years. Unlike most people I travel around Tennessee and have seen everyone from South Pitt to Mt pleasant, From Hampton to trousdale.

they are only 2 passing teams in 1A from what I have heard and they are McKenzie and TCA. other than that, the teams usually pas 6-10 times a game. get your facts straight...

they are only 2 passing teams in 1A from what I have heard and they are McKenzie and TCA. other than that, the teams usually pas 6-10 times a game. get your facts straight...

really, and what about Greenback, can't play defense, But man they throw the ball around, Lord Vader, nad that is Just one for you, you might want to get your facts straight, You know i picked Hampton to win and Just because I think thier pass defense is week and expressed that thought, you would think that I said midway would win by 100. and Dawg 75 I saw the Oneida First game, Cloudland and Grace.

really, and what about Greenback, can't play defense, But man they throw the ball around, Lord Vader, nad that is Just one for you, you might want to get your facts straight, You know i picked Hampton to win and Just because I think thier pass defense is week and expressed that thought, you would think that I said midway would win by 100. and Dawg 75 I saw the Oneida First game, Cloudland and Grace.

yea you are right. Greenback can throw the ball around. they threw it all the way to the house come playoff time. sure you can find little crappy teams teams who throw it a lot. but the only two teams that are any good that throw it a lot are mckenzie and tca. the only thing that you can say is that their pass defense is weak but you have nothing to prove it. all you can say is that they havent played anybody who throws it every play. hahaha, come up with some statistics or film or something to convince us...

I hope you don't think we're angry, heck aint no body from Midway talking so you'll have to do. I already told you I appreciate the support, and we do. Oneida's 2nd team quarterback wasn't that bad, honestly. He was on target most of the night, we just had good coverage, and they thought the way to beat us was threw the air, like you said. Didn't work, but they tried. Now their not a passing team by no means, but they slung the rock more than most and we batted em down, it's a shame we didn't catch any. Unicoi tried to throw the ball on us as did HV and Johnson County. All I'm saying is we aint soft there, but throw it to Milhorn's side, he's suspect to miss a few /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You didn't see much in the three games you got to watch, that's all I'm saying. We've had better games, especially defending the pass.

You coming up this Friday or not? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Actually most of the teams that plays Hampton tries to throw it alot,they like their chances better threw the air. Not very many good 1a teams are quality passing teams. Most of the good one's run the ball. If they are not having any success on the ground,they go to the air . Oneida tried to throw it more than they wanted to. I fully expect Midway to throw it several times. They seem to force people to throw it also, we may need to throw it several times. We don't want to and neither do they. Whoever has the most success on the ground will probably win the game. When teams have to alter what they like to do, it usually hurts their chances. Sometimes they just don't have any choice.

Actually most of the teams that plays Hampton tries to throw it alot,they like their chances better threw the air. Not very many good 1a teams are quality passing teams. Most of the good one's run the ball. If they are not having any success on the ground,they go to the air . Oneida tried to throw it more than they wanted to. I fully expect Midway to throw it several times. They seem to force people to throw it also, we may need to throw it several times. We don't want to and neither do they. Whoever has the most success on the ground will probably win the game. When teams have to alter what they like to do, it usually hurts their chances. Sometimes they just don't have any choice.

You're right. Midway and Hampton would like nothing more than to run it every play. I'm sure Midway would rather throw because they want to, not have to.

You're right. Midway and Hampton would like nothing more than to run it every play. I'm sure Midway would rather throw because they want to, not have to.

Actually Hampton does throw it because they want to sometimes . they have over 1000 passing yards and something over 20 TD passes. I'd say they have thrown it around 100 tmes all year. If they knew they could run it every down and win ,thats exactly what they'd do. Three things can happen when you throw the ball,2 of them are bad.

State Quarter-finals! Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Unlike some posters I've read on here, I think this one will be close. There are no patsies left at this stage, and when there are only eight teams left, each game will be a war. To hear about Midways QB is sad. I hate to hear about major injuries to a kid at this point, just when things get really major. The two teams sound alot alike to me, they both like to do many of the same things, but I think the fact that Hampton being at home, Midway minus their starting QB, and Hampton's experience at this stage of the play-offs will all be factors. Of course we'll just have to wait and see, but I like Hampton's chances. Go Dogs!