Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

So is anyone else tired of these 1-5 post people posting the freaking novels about why one team or the other stinks... I know you have to have your first to get to 100 but good lord.. its a little late in the game isnt it??

I wish the "trolls" as sparty calls them would just stay away...

I have IHS by 10 in what should be best game of the year...

No matter the outcome I am proud of my team for getting this far and I am proud of our region!

IMO I think the winner of this game heads to state and has the best chance of winning...

Go Eagles!!!

I pray for a injury free game!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does Michigan want to beat Ohio State a little bit more than App. State?

does Texas want to beat Oklahoma a little bit more that Oklahoma State?

does Kentucky want to beat Tennessee a little bit more than Vandy?

Of course they do, and it goes both ways.

You are throwing out the ulitmate coaching cliche. That is what you tell your players going into those type of games to keep them attentive and focused. Some games mean a little bit more to players than fans or coaches. Remember it goes both ways as a Franklin fan most of us would like to say we beat Brentwood and Ravenwood, but they cant.

If you asked a player from Indy, Ravenwood, Brentwood, they would say that game means a lot to them. Come on be honest with yourself there. Remember it goes both ways i am sure the players from Franklin would say the same about those teams. I just cant agree with you there.

The point that I was making is that, for as much as many Franklin fans on here think that Franklin will always be the team to beat in this region, they aren't. In fact, for the past two years it has been Ravenwood that has proven themselves to have earned that title, well up until this year.

okay heres what ive got so far...Franklin fans are extremely arrogant and provide laughable outcomes...Indy fans are a little overconfident (but it comes with the ground, being in the playoffs for the first time). Some guy keeps writing novels that nobody cares to read because its just plain retarted and only bashes franklin. so all and all this is going to be a great game and the winner is going to rep region 6 at state in two weeks.

as for the score

IHS-24

FHS-14 (no field goals for franklin their kicker has proved he chokes, probably on the pair Barney left on the fence...)

I like to see so many people fired up about this game. I hope everyone comes out. The fact is, its the quarterfinals and both teams are going to be prepared and wanting a win just as much as the other. There will be no lack of heart. Both teams are very good teams, but my opinion is that Indy brings a slightly better team to the table all around and their defensive play will make all the difference.

Independence- 28

Franklin- 13

Pettigrew defines himself in this one, look for him to go big.

It is gunna be a good one, I'm looking forward to it.

I said that "history repeats Itself" and now let me explain why & how. FHS is a long-standing team, IHS is on their first play-off run. According to previous posts, "everyone wants to beat FHS", But someone else made the comment of "Franklin is searching for respect as one of region 6's elite teams", obviously FHS cannot get their statements in order. Franklin has been to this movie before, Back in 05' Franklin was facing a young-upstart program in Ravenwood. Franklin walked into the game with the same claim to fame "better athletes= better team=win", But at the end of the night Franklin was sent home to watch the remainder of the play-offs from their living-room, couches. Im sure I can expect the same Franklin apologists to explain away mistakes (Im sure the On-side kick was just another example of Franklin "running-out-of-time") And once again FHS is playing the young, Independance eagles. Franklin walked into IHS last year boasting the same great defense & running game, and walked out with their tail between their "camo'" legs. IHS has the ability to line up head-to-head and crush Franklin on both sides of the line. Independance will run the ball directly at the heart of FHS's defense. And Im sure Franklin fans/ player/ alumni/ coaches will have nightmares of TC Jennings being re-incarnated in a young Heckman. Franklin will be a perfect example of "pride before the fall" as every Rebel is sent home with thoughts of "maybe next year"

FRANKLIN REBELS- 14

IDEPENDANCE EAGLES- 16

....History repeats itself

Don't compare TC and Heckman together. I think you just brought disgrace to what TC did at Ravenwood. I would like to see how Heckman would have fanned out playing 05....no take that back!

So is anyone else tired of these 1-5 post people posting the freaking novels about why one team or the other stinks... I know you have to have your first to get to 100 but good lord.. its a little late in the game isnt it??

Thank you, I was getting to where I just didn't feel like reading them anymore. It's the big day you Eagles and Rebels. Hope for a clean and injury free game. Whoever does win, just make sure you win next week, you can't let a West Tennessee team into the championship after all. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Don't compare TC and Heckman together. I think you just brought disgrace to what TC did at Ravenwood. I would like to see how Heckman would have fanned out playing 05....no take that back!

Relax sleeper. God forbid anyone say anything about TC or compare him to any mere mortal, let alone a sophmore from Indy. It upset you so much it affected your typing. Since your Raptors are not playing you have to come in here and protect their honor. Why don't you go start a Ravenwood (off season) thread and I promise I won't post unless you mention Heckman or any other IHS player or coach.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i agree this may not be the best franklin team in recent memory but independence has got something coming to 'em if they think they're gonna run all over this defense.

in my opinion the game lies in the hands of the franklin offense. if they can produce, they will win.

Wow balla. Why didn't you just say that if Franklin scores more points they win? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i agree this may not be the best franklin team in recent memory but independence has got something coming to 'em if they think they're gonna run all over this defense.

in my opinion the game lies in the hands of the franklin offense. if they can produce, they will win.

I don't think John Madden could have put this any better, himself...

Wow balla. Why didn't you just say that if Franklin scores more points they win? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

wow. last time i checked defenses score points, at least franklins does. so therefore if indy manages to get a pick 6, that probably wouldnt help franklin too much.

also, "produce" is not necessarily defined as points. if franklin engineers long drives that keep independences apparently unstoppable offense off the field, even if that drive doesnt score points, that would probly give them a better chance at a victory than a 3 and out.

but you're right, if franklin scores more points, they win, which they are going to. and apparently the victory will be led by a choke kicker, a crappy quarterback, an overrated running game, and a defense that hasnt faced anyone decent yet.