Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

i just got back from the hospital for my ribbs... and im ok... my prides hurt, but at least it was to a team that deserves it. Indy played hard the whole first half and we had no idea what hit us. Being the great team we were we came back, but just couldn't get anything going that last few minutes...

P.S. and of the words/gestures exchanged between me (65) and anyone else during the game im sorry... just got a bit excited

(your representing 6-5a from now on so lets see a state title

Glad you are OK. I know losing hurts but you guys fought to the end. Emotions run high on both side and not just on the field. Sometime things are said or done. You have nothing to apologize for. Unfortunately a team has to lose a game like that. Good luck in the future.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm sorry to say Barney has decided to retire after being awarded the detective badge by tnsparty. He will take his pension, of 6k per month, and try to grow a set of something.

FHS, if you seek motivation on these boards you will continue to lose. Especially, when 90% of the bs is generated by your peers.

I can't wait to see Elvis.

"Goodbye cruel world goodbye." pink floyd

I guess it is time for my thoughts on the game.

First, the effort from both teams were outstanding. Every player left it out on the field last night. It was one of those games you hated to see someone lose. Now to some critics of the game.

Independence came out ready to play in the 1st half. One reason for this is that their fans were up and cheering for them. They had the intensity to want to win. Franklin did not have this. I sat on the Franklin side and they had to be the most lame fans for a quarterfinal game against a rival opponent. Get up on your feet and cheer your hearts out. The majority of the fans sat down the entire game worrying about the cold. Pathetic for a game of that magnitude.

Franklin did a great job of coming back. I would of liked to see them throw the ball on first down. They have a nice passing attack with some great receivers. I think the passing game would have opened running lanes for their duo of backs.

I think if both teams played 10 time, each would win 5 a piece. Good luck to Indy and I know Franklin is already looking forward to next year.

i just got back from the hospital for my ribbs... and im ok... my prides hurt, but at least it was to a team that deserves it. Indy played hard the whole first half and we had no idea what hit us. Being the great team we were we came back, but just couldn't get anything going that last few minutes...

P.S. and of the words/gestures exchanged between me (65) and anyone else during the game im sorry... just got a bit excited

(your representing 6-5a from now on so lets see a state title

65, glad to hear youre okay. Saw the game and I was impressed by franklin's fighting back to tie the score after a miserable first half. You got in a great block, helping #5 to score and came back the next series after your injury. Youre a strong player on the Oline and franklin played hard, but Indy had the game in the end. When emotions run high....and for this game I'm talking way high...it can get out of control...apology accepted and understood.

But what was it with that Indy announcer? obnoxious just doesn't cover it! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> And the music after the game as the teams were meeting with their coaches? Has Indy always done this? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

But what was it with that Indy announcer? obnoxious just doesn't cover it! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> And the music after the game as the teams were meeting with their coaches? Has Indy always done this? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

it was like that last year too. completely inappropriate. we were actually laughing at how pathetic he was. and what a lack of character that shows. especially after his announcement about good sportsmanship right before the start of the game. we couldn't believe that a grown man would behave that way. maybe he could take lessons on how to announce a game with dignity and class from some of the other williamson county schools.

as for the music, i really hope that the person that picked that awful superman song was just naive and has no idea what it is about.

65, glad to hear youre okay. Saw the game and I was impressed by franklin's fighting back to tie the score after a miserable first half. You got in a great block, helping #5 to score and came back the next series after your injury. Youre a strong player on the Oline and franklin played hard, but Indy had the game in the end. When emotions run high....and for this game I'm talking way high...it can get out of control...apology accepted and understood.

Don't you have anything else to complain about besides the announcer? What he does has not affect on the game. He is a homer for sure, but have you been to a Titan's game? Give it a rest about him. One way to shut him up is to score a lot and beat the Eagles.

I find it funny how after one very exciting game people are complaining and commenting about the announcer. I can tell you first hand the announcer was told to play the music by the coach so he just did what he was asked on that one, and believe me I agree it wasn't that smart. Secondly the other announcers around willamson county don't have any enthusiasm for there teams just because the IHS announcer supports the eagles in every way doesn't make him classless it is called home field advantage for a reason. He loves knowing that his announcing bugs the other team so much, that is what he wants. He wants the other team to get down when they hear all the noise coming from him and the fans it proves a point. Don't hate because you don't like that you lost and I don't want to hear anything about IHS being classless because # 33 for FHS was very tastless and classless when he was pretending to fly like an eagle and mock IHS during the game on the IHS sideline. I was glad to see them lose after that it just proved a point. That FHS thought they were the best but in the end they weren't they couldn't even beat IHS when IHS was playing like crap, I think the game proved who the better team was and no one can argue the point anymore. IHS was the better team though I know people will start to make excuses for FHS now there is no excuse for them. O also the announcer is required to read the sportsmanship agreement before every game so the fans understand what is taking place between the officials, IHS principal, and coaches.

I find it funny how after one very exciting game people are complaining and commenting about the announcer. I can tell you first hand the announcer was told to play the music by the coach so he just did what he was asked on that one, and believe me I agree it wasn't that smart. Secondly the other announcers around willamson county don't have any enthusiasm for there teams just because the IHS announcer supports the eagles in every way doesn't make him classless it is called home field advantage for a reason. He loves knowing that his announcing bugs the other team so much, that is what he wants. He wants the other team to get down when they hear all the noise coming from him and the fans it proves a point. Don't hate because you don't like that you lost and I don't want to hear anything about IHS being classless because # 33 for FHS was very tastless and classless when he was pretending to fly like an eagle and mock IHS during the game on the IHS sideline. I was glad to see them lose after that it just proved a point. That FHS thought they were the best but in the end they weren't they couldn't even beat IHS when IHS was playing like crap, I think the game proved who the better team was and no one can argue the point anymore. IHS was the better team though I know people will start to make excuses for FHS now there is no excuse for them. O also the announcer is required to read the sportsmanship agreement before every game so the fans understand what is taking place between the officials, IHS principal, and coaches.

Who cares about the announcers. They arent to blame. They were rude because they should have honored that we played a great game instead of blasting crank dat soulja boi and saying we can go home. That was definitely classless especially coming from a grown man. Sam Roley(#33) is a highschool football player just making the game interesting and everyone knows there was jaw jacking the whole game so we arent gonna point fingers at players. But like i said the announcers arent to blame: the referees are to blame. They made horrible calls which were very critical in the game. That bomb that was called a catch on the goaline was a terrible call. That fat official didnt even see that daniel campbell actually had the ball and dropped it and luckily the indy reciever trapped it. That led to their second touchdown putting us in a deeper whole. We came back and scored at the end of the half so it really should have been 7-7.Then we came out in the second half and dominated scoring again to make up for the 14 point defecit. Our D held Indy to nothing and what makes me even more mad than that lucky catch is the when we stood up the little qb and he CLEARLY fumbled the ball and we recovered and the one ref pointed our way then the other ref who didnt see jack and wasnt even near the ball said he was down by contact. The funny thing is indy isnt saying anything about how lucky they were that game. Even indy players have told one of my teamates that they got lucky and we should have one so watch the tape and see it yourself. I cant say anything about the bomb that justin hampton dropped and the lucky catch but those calls that were made were just rediculous. Id also like to say that i think the qb #7 is overrated and i cant wait to play against him next year. =)

Who cares about the announcers. They arent to blame. They were rude because they should have honored that we played a great game instead of blasting crank dat soulja boi and saying we can go home. That was definitely classless especially coming from a grown man. Sam Roley(#33) is a highschool football player just making the game interesting and everyone knows there was jaw jacking the whole game so we arent gonna point fingers at players. But like i said the announcers arent to blame: the referees are to blame. They made horrible calls which were very critical in the game. That bomb that was called a catch on the goaline was a terrible call. That fat official didnt even see that daniel campbell actually had the ball and dropped it and luckily the indy reciever trapped it. That led to their second touchdown putting us in a deeper whole. We came back and scored at the end of the half so it really should have been 7-7.Then we came out in the second half and dominated scoring again to make up for the 14 point defecit. Our D held Indy to nothing and what makes me even more mad than that lucky catch is the when we stood up the little qb and he CLEARLY fumbled the ball and we recovered and the one ref pointed our way then the other ref who didnt see jack and wasnt even near the ball said he was down by contact. The funny thing is indy isnt saying anything about how lucky they were that game. Even indy players have told one of my teamates that they got lucky and we should have one so watch the tape and see it yourself. I cant say anything about the bomb that justin hampton dropped and the lucky catch but those calls that were made were just rediculous. Id also like to say that i think the qb #7 is overrated and i cant wait to play against him next year. =)

Well that's the first time I've heard ANYBODY complain about the refs, so I think you're just being a sore loser. And being in the state semis isn't just about skill, there's also some luck (although I think this game was extremely fair) so better luck next yr Franklin. Why can't you just post "Hey, we got beat, we'll see you next year." ?