Alcoa vs. GP

F5HallOfFamer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score was 40 to 13 at the half and the final was Alcoa 59, GP 36 and the youngsters played all the second half.

Good game for resting Randall & Co. as well as playoff experience for the Chase, Tyson, Toney et.al And GP get's to save face closing out a great season. Way to go Alcoa get ready for DCA. One game at a time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good game for resting Randall & Co. as well as playoff experience for the Chase, Tyson, Toney et.al And GP get's to save face closing out a great season. Way to go Alcoa get ready for DCA. One game at a time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think enough credit is being given to the young men from GP. Say what you wish, but they did basically whatever they wanted on the offensive side. A couple of early mistakes let Alcoa pull away and its hard to beat a team when you can't stop them on defense. However, they did not fold and played the entire ball game. Alcoa is a good ball club, but I think they are very beatable. If anyone noticed, GP wasn't given a chance and they put up more points than every team Alcoa has played not named Maryville. I would also not say that Rankin pulled his starters early. The same defense I saw in the first quarter for Alcoa took the field at the beginning of the fourth. Congratulations GP on a wonderful season and for earning Region 1 some respect.

I don't think enough credit is being given to the young men from GP. Say what you wish, but they did basically whatever they wanted on the offensive side. A couple of early mistakes let Alcoa pull away and its hard to beat a team when you can't stop them on defense. However, they did not fold and played the entire ball game. Alcoa is a good ball club, but I think they are very beatable. If anyone noticed, GP wasn't given a chance and they put up more points than every team Alcoa has played not named Maryville. I would also not say that Rankin pulled his starters early. The same defense I saw in the first quarter for Alcoa took the field at the beginning of the fourth. Congratulations GP on a wonderful season and for earning Region 1 some respect.

How much credit do you want? Riddle me this...what offense did you see in the second half?

How much credit do you want? Riddle me this...what offense did you see in the second half?

Cneagle has a point. GP gets ragged all season about how weak they and their schedule are. Then they hear how CAK deserved the number two seed. GP scored 36 points to CAK's 21. They deserve some credit no matter what offense played the second half. I think that DCA's coaching staff should have fun watching the game film because GP showed many holes in Alcoa's defense. Was GP's d up to snuff? No. Did they prove that Alcoa could be beat? Yes.

It just didn't feel right tonight. Maybe it was because our usual kicker wasn't at the game due to family commitments. Maybe it was because a couple of our starters also didn't play. It just didn't feel right.

We had a new kicker who, I believe, was playing for the first time tonight. Thompson did a great job with the punting, but it wasn't the same.

Giving G-P its due: They had some good passes and some good plays. But, our 2nd string just didn't seem to know how to play the pass like the 1st string does. Most of the 2nd string was in after halftime; I think it was a mixture of 1st and 2nd stringers, but it definitely wasn't all 1st string unless I was at a different game.

This was an entirely different game than the CAK game. I still think CAK could beat G-P hands down, and I still say CAK is the #2 team in the state. Alcoa definitely had an off-night. Glad it was this week instead of next week.

"I think that DCA's coaching staff should have fun watching the game film because GP showed many holes in Alcoa's defense."

Well, I hope they have fun looking at our 2nd & 3rd stringers!

It just didn't feel right tonight. Maybe it was because our usual kicker wasn't at the game due to family commitments. Maybe it was because a couple of our starters also didn't play. It just didn't feel right.

We had a new kicker who, I believe, was playing for the first time tonight. Thompson did a great job with the punting, but it wasn't the same.

Giving G-P its due: They had some good passes and some good plays. But, our 2nd string just didn't seem to know how to play the pass like the 1st string does. Most of the 2nd string was in after halftime; I think it was a mixture of 1st and 2nd stringers, but it definitely wasn't all 1st string unless I was at a different game.

This was an entirely different game than the CAK game. I still think CAK could beat G-P hands down, and I still say CAK is the #2 team in the state. Alcoa definitely had an off-night. Glad it was this week instead of next week.

"I think that DCA's coaching staff should have fun watching the game film because GP showed many holes in Alcoa's defense."

Well, I hope they have fun looking at our 2nd & 3rd stringers!

Who were the starters that did not play and will they play next week? How is Cobb's ankle?

Cneagle has a point. GP gets ragged all season about how weak they and their schedule are. Then they hear how CAK deserved the number two seed. GP scored 36 points to CAK's 21. They deserve some credit no matter what offense played the second half. I think that DCA's coaching staff should have fun watching the game film because GP showed many holes in Alcoa's defense. Was GP's d up to snuff? No. Did they prove that Alcoa could be beat? Yes.

I will admit, GP's offense moved the ball and put up points , but this is why I like running up the score. If we kill a team by 60 then we have no class, if we only win by 20 or 30 then Alcoa can be beat! ###### if we do, ###### if we don't. Yes GP put up 36 and Alcoa's secondary is weak this year, but our best db (Cobb) didn't play much tonight and he may have picked one or two of them balls off. The final was 59-36, but Alcoa could have EASILY put up 80 or 90 and yall know it! Rankin sat Cobb & Co. the whole second half. My hat goes off to GP's offense for putting up 36, but keep it real now. Our offense was never stopped! Congrats on yalls season!

Congratulations to GP. I thought they had a good offensive plan and they executed well. Alcoa must shore up the secondary if they are going to make it to , or win state. The corners and the safeties must get their heads around and find the football. It was good to see so many sophomores and freshman get the bulk of the reps during the 2nd half. The experience will come in handy next season. It also allowed the two way starters some much needed rest. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />